|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pgs. 112-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would unmarried Hawaiian men select Japanese brides?
(a) From picture books.
(b) They courted them.
(c) Someone chose for them.
(d) They were assigned by lottery.
2. What industry did many Chinese immigrants move to the United States for?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Steel mining.
(c) Gold mining.
(d) Diamond mining.
3. Why did the Japanese limit Korean immigration to Hawaii, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Korea went to war.
(b) So they could not compete with the Japense for jobs.
(c) The quota was already met.
(d) Hawaii decided to build a really big fence.
4. Which policy worker called for the use of Chinese workers on the transcontinental railroad?
(a) James F. Kennedy.
(b) George Frank.
(c) William Clinton.
(d) Aaron H. Palmer.
5. What were Chinese immigrants subjected to by American citizens, according to Chapter 3?
(a) Prejudice and immigration.
(b) Burning crosses.
(c) Welcoming to the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hawaii could not longer import Chinese workers, who did they entice to the workforce next?
2. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
3. How many Koreans arrived in America between 1903 and 1920?
4. After the mining industry turned their back on the Chinese, what industry did they turn to?
5. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)