|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pgs. 112-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs did female Chinese immigrants hold according to Chapter 3?
(a) Housekeepers and prostitutes.
2. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
3. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
4. What was the purpose of the taxes that were imposed on immigrants, according to Takaki?
(a) Exclusion of the Chinese.
(b) All citizens should be taxed.
(d) Law and order.
5. What were Chinese immigrants subjected to by American citizens, according to Chapter 3?
(a) Burning crosses.
(b) Welcoming to the community.
(d) Prejudice and immigration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What valley did the author grow up in?
2. Why did Chinese workers strike while working on the railways?
3. Why did very few Chinese immigrants return to China according to The Chinese Six Companies?
4. What caused the strike with the Central Pacific Railroad to end?
5. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)