|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pgs. 112-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Takaki assert that Asian immigrants opened their own businesses?
(a) Lack of taxes.
(b) Government assistance.
(c) Work ethic.
(d) Exclusion from labor force.
2. Where did Chinese immigrants work in New England?
(a) Shoe Factories.
(b) Tire Factories.
(c) Maple fields.
(d) Raking leaves.
3. Which Chinese group became active in the opium and prostitution rings?
(c) White Cobras.
(d) The Orange Dragons.
4. In what year did Hawaii begin recruiting Filipino workers?
5. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The East coast.
(c) The South.
(d) The West coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chinese immigrants go into debt easily?
2. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
3. When did Hawaiian planters begin hiring nationalities other then the Chinese?
4. What made Chinese immigrants a threat to the mining industry?
5. What location became the prime meeting spot for Chinese immigrants?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)