|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 406-432.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was put into place to protect Chinese immigrants but ultimately did not work?
(a) A wall.
(b) The Guardian Angels.
(c) Prison guards.
(d) Federal laws.
2. In whose name did Asian-Indian place their land to avoid the Alien Land Law?
(a) Their fathers.'
(b) Their childrens.
(c) Their mothers.'
(d) Their wives.'
3. Where did Asian-Indian workers work in Washington?
(a) Fish markets.
(b) Lumber yards.
(d) Steel mills.
4. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
5. What industry was very popular for Japanese immigrants to work in?
(a) Culinary arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the American Land and Produce Company?
2. Where did Japanese immigrants believe they would end up living after a few years of work?
3. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
4. How did Hawaiian plantation owners treat their workers?
5. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)