|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 406-432.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did The Chinese Six Companies support when China was taken over by communists?
(a) Communist China.
(b) Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) No one.
2. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
3. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
4. When did a large number of Koreans immigrate to American?
(a) After 1945.
(b) After the tornado of 1922.
(c) After the earthquake of 1906.
(d) After 1885.
5. What was the Japanese community based upon?
(a) Shared cultural values.
(b) Shared struggles.
(c) A common religion.
(d) A common diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
2. What did many Filipinos try to be?
3. What emotion did the picture brides feel when they met their husbands?
4. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
5. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)