|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
2. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Immigration Act of 1965.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Immigration Act of 1922.
3. When was the foreign miners' license tax imposed?
4. What was the ethnic composition where the author grew up?
(a) Chinese and African American.
(d) Japanese and Chinese.
5. Who did William Hoper find to be productive workers?
(a) Polish immigrants
(c) Brazilian immigrants.
(d) Chinese immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
2. What did the Filipino labor contracts include?
3. Why did Filipino immigrants come to Hawaii?
4. Why did Japanese people immigrate to the United States according to Takaki?
5. Who did unmarried Hawaiian men use to find brides in Japan?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)