|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the taxes that were imposed on immigrants, according to Takaki?
(a) Exclusion of the Chinese.
(b) All citizens should be taxed.
(c) Law and order.
2. What valley did the author grow up in?
(a) Valley Gorge.
(b) San Fernando Valley.
(c) Palolo Valley.
(d) Annapolis Valley.
3. What is a credit ticket?
(a) The bartering sysmtem on the islands.
(b) The borrowing of money for passage to Hawaii.
(c) How business owners traded workers.
(d) The receipt of credit.
4. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Immigration Act of 1965.
(d) Immigration Act of 1922.
5. Who did unmarried Hawaiian men use to find brides in Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where does Takaki write that many Chinese immigrants settled?
2. What made Chinese immigrants a threat to the mining industry?
3. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
4. What did the husbands force their Japanese brides to wear upon their arrival to Hawaii?
5. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)