|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The East coast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The West coast.
(d) The South.
2. How many Koreans arrived in America between 1903 and 1920?
(a) Less then 2,000.
(c) More then 8,000.
(d) More then 12,000.
3. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) With the Mayflower.
(c) Immigration Act of 1968.
(d) Immigration Act of 1924.
4. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
(a) Immigration Act of 1922.
(b) Immigration Act of 1965.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Freedom of speech.
5. What did the Filipino labor contracts include?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Japanese limit Korean immigration to Hawaii, according to Chapter 2?
2. Who did the foreign miners' license tax apply to?
3. Who did William Hoper find to be unproductive workers at his sugar mill?
4. What did the husbands force their Japanese brides to wear upon their arrival to Hawaii?
5. In what year did Hawaii begin recruiting Filipino workers?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)