|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Takaki's family been in America?
(a) One generation.
(b) More than three generations.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten generations.
2. In Chapter 3, where does Takaki write that many Chinese immigrants settled?
(b) New York.
3. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
(a) There was a great need for the service.
(b) The initial capital was low.
(c) Familes could run the buisness.
(d) They were fired from the railroad.
4. After the mining industry turned their back on the Chinese, what industry did they turn to?
5. Who did William Hoper find to be unproductive workers at his sugar mill?
(c) The elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Indian immigrants attempting to escape in India?
2. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
3. What is a credit ticket?
4. What industry did many Chinese immigrants move to the United States for?
5. What was the ethnic composition where the author grew up?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)