|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
2. On what did Mr. Gilman base his assumptions?
3. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
4. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
5. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen took an extra year before she went to Radcliffe? Do you believe this was a good or bad decision? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think there would be many times throughout Helen's life that she would be accused of being less than genuine? Do you think these judgments were fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)