|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
2. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What was Helen accused of doing?
5. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining in what ways Helen was fortunate to be born into the family she was. How did her parents support and help her? Why might other families not be able to do the same things?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)