Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
Essay Topic 1
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)