|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
2. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
3. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen change throughout the novel? In what ways did she remain the same? Do you think Helen herself recognized how she changed or did it just become more apparent to others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)