|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
2. What was Helen's favorite sport?
3. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
4. What was Helen given permission to do at the World's Fair?
5. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was Helen's development similar to that of a so called normal child? In what ways was her development different? Do you think that she skipped any developmental milestones that other children experienced?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)