|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe the trip to Baltimore was such an important part of Helen's life? Why do you think she is able to clearly remember the amount of detail so many years later? Have you ever experienced an event like this? If so, describe it. If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)