|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Helen go to the World's Fair with?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
3. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
4. On what did Mr. Gilman base his assumptions?
5. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think there would be many times throughout Helen's life that she would be accused of being less than genuine? Do you think these judgments were fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen change throughout the novel? In what ways did she remain the same? Do you think Helen herself recognized how she changed or did it just become more apparent to others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)