|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
2. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
3. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
4. How did Helen feel about the Bible when she was a child?
5. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was Helen's development similar to that of a so called normal child? In what ways was her development different? Do you think that she skipped any developmental milestones that other children experienced?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)