Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
Essay Topic 1
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Helen would have been able to continue her studies if Anne had had to accept a different position? What do you think was Anne's influence on Helen's studies?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)