|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. What types of books did Helen dislike reading?
3. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
4. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
5. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining in what ways Helen was fortunate to be born into the family she was. How did her parents support and help her? Why might other families not be able to do the same things?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)