|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
2. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
4. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
5. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that Helen gives Anne the appropriate credit, too much credit or too little credit? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)