Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
In what ways did Helen change throughout the novel? In what ways did she remain the same? Do you think Helen herself recognized how she changed or did it just become more apparent to others? Why or why not?
What would you consider to be the main theme of this novel? Why do you think this is the theme? In what ways does this theme extend beyond the novel?
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)