|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. What does Helen enjoy at museums and art stores?
3. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
4. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
5. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)