|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
2. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
3. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
4. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
5. Where did Helen spend this season?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen was never satisfied with the level she had attained with regards to education? Do you think had she not lost her sight and hearing she would have had the same drive? Why or why not?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)