|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
2. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
3. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
4. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
5. On what did Mr. Gilman base his assumptions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was Helen's development similar to that of a so called normal child? In what ways was her development different? Do you think that she skipped any developmental milestones that other children experienced?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)