|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
3. At what age did Helen begin her formal schooling?
4. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
5. How does Helen indicate one should take their education?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Helen took an extra year before she went to Radcliffe? Do you believe this was a good or bad decision? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)