|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did Mr. Gilman base his assumptions?
2. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
3. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
4. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
5. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Helen gives Anne the appropriate credit, too much credit or too little credit? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What would you consider to be the main theme of this novel? Why do you think this is the theme? In what ways does this theme extend beyond the novel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)