|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lead to a sort of awakening for Helen?
2. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
3. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
4. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
5. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Helen took an extra year before she went to Radcliffe? Do you believe this was a good or bad decision? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)