|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
2. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
3. At what age did Helen begin her formal schooling?
4. Which of the following subjects was not one Helen studied during her time in New York?
5. What was Helen's favorite sport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen was never satisfied with the level she had attained with regards to education? Do you think had she not lost her sight and hearing she would have had the same drive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)