|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
2. What was Helen given permission to do at the World's Fair?
3. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
4. What was Helen's favorite sport?
5. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think there would be many times throughout Helen's life that she would be accused of being less than genuine? Do you think these judgments were fair? Why or why not?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)