|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made math more difficult for Helen?
2. What was Helen's favorite sport?
3. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
4. At what age did Helen begin her formal schooling?
5. What was the name of the original story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Helen would have been able to continue her studies if Anne had had to accept a different position? What do you think was Anne's influence on Helen's studies?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen was never satisfied with the level she had attained with regards to education? Do you think had she not lost her sight and hearing she would have had the same drive? Why or why not?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)