|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent serve her well? In what ways did Helen's intelligence and talent cause her frustration and rage?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen believes that education is best approached when it is done in a joyful and leisurely fashion? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)