|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
2. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
3. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
4. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
5. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Helen gives Anne the appropriate credit, too much credit or too little credit? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)