|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen indicate she felt after he tantrums passed?
2. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
3. How did Helen feel as her vocabulary increased?
4. What season is it when Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
5. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
2. What were two of the chores that Helen was able to do for her mother?
3. How did Helen feel about many of her professors' methods for teaching the great works of literature?
4. What did Helen find frustrating about her second year at Gilman's school?
5. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
6. What disappointed Helen about her time at the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
7. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
8. What happened when Helen wrote her very first story?
9. Where did Helen attend school for the next two years?
10. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)