|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way was Helen gifted from the beginning of her life?
2. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
3. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
4. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
5. What subject did Helen learn about on the walks she and Anne took?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
2. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
3. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
4. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
5. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
6. What did Helen find frustrating about her second year at Gilman's school?
7. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
8. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
9. What animal did Helen find on the beach and what did she do with it?
10. What disappointed Helen about her time at the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Helen would have been able to continue her studies if Anne had had to accept a different position? What do you think was Anne's influence on Helen's studies?
Essay Topic 3
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)