|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
2. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
3. Why wasn't Mildred hurt?
4. What does Helen indicate she felt after he tantrums passed?
5. After the storm, what was it a long time before Helen did again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen feel about her Latin lessons?
2. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
3. Where did Helen attend school for the next two years?
4. After Helen learned and understood the spellings for things that first day, how did she go to bed that night?
5. How did Helen practice her math skills and what would she always do during math class?
6. What happened when Helen wrote her very first story?
7. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
8. When Helen began reading her first book, how did she start out?
9. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
10. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen does so much namedropping throughout this novel? Do you believe it is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Helen had to learn the strategy of applying herself to something that does not interest her? Did you also have to learn this strategy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think there would be many times throughout Helen's life that she would be accused of being less than genuine? Do you think these judgments were fair? Why or why not?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)