Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
2. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
3. What did Helen compare the trip she took to?
4. Which of the following literary terms did Anne use to help Helen with her learning about nature and life?
5. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
2. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
4. What was the progression of Helen's learning?
5. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
6. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
7. What was Helen doing when Anne taught her the concept of what it meant to think?
8. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
9. How was Helen able to learn some of the basics of geography and what did she think she was actually doing?
10. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen was never satisfied with the level she had attained with regards to education? Do you think had she not lost her sight and hearing she would have had the same drive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Helen's disposition help her to lead a successful life? Do you think her temperament was always a positive feature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen believes that education is best approached when it is done in a joyful and leisurely fashion? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)