|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
2. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
3. What subject did Helen learn about on the walks she and Anne took?
4. What game did Helen think reading was like?
5. Where is Fern Quarry located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Kate hope for Helen?
2. After the fever what memories about sight and sound did Helen have left?
3. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
4. What animal did Helen find on the beach and what did she do with it?
5. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
6. What happened when Helen arrived at the Perkins Institute and how did that make her feel?
7. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
8. How did Helen's friends react to her desire to learn to speak and why did they react this way?
9. What is The Story of My Life and when was it written?
10. How did Helen feel about Shakespeare and how did her feelings change from the time she was a child to an young adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think there would be many times throughout Helen's life that she would be accused of being less than genuine? Do you think these judgments were fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Helen learn to systematically work through something that would not offer her immediate gratification? What in her young life prepared her her for this type of work?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)