|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Helen waiting for Anne when a storm suddenly arose?
2. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
3. For how many years did Helen live in isolation?
4. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
5. How old was Helen when she wrote this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anne Sullivan begin to do as soon as she arrived at Helen's home?
2. What were two of the chores that Helen was able to do for her mother?
3. How did Helen imitate her father?
4. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
5. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
6. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
7. When Helen began reading her first book, how did she start out?
8. What caused Helen great pain at first at the Perkins Institute and then what changed her mind?
9. How did Helen's tantrums change and how did this make most of her family and friends feel?
10. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was the account in this autobiography different from any personal background knowledge you had previously about Helen Keller? Why do you think it may be different?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Helen took an extra year before she went to Radcliffe? Do you believe this was a good or bad decision? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)