|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
2. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
3. What did Helen need to learn about the spellings Annie was completing in her hand?
4. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
5. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Helen when she was waiting for Anne to bring Helen lunch?
2. What happened as a result of the plagiarizing incident for Helen?
3. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
4. How did Helen feel about many of her professors' methods for teaching the great works of literature?
5. Where did Helen spend her winters?
6. How did Helen practice her math skills and what would she always do during math class?
7. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
8. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
9. What happened to Helen, Mildred and Miss Sullivan as they tried to find their way home when they were lost in the woods?
10. How did Helen's friends react to her desire to learn to speak and why did they react this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was the account in this autobiography different from any personal background knowledge you had previously about Helen Keller? Why do you think it may be different?
Essay Topic 3
In looking at Helen's experience at Gilman's school the second year, what aspects do you think led to the conflict? Which events do you think were Helen's doing? Which do you think were the schools? Do you think it was justified to remove her from the school? Why or why not?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)