|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen spend the rest of her summer?
2. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
3. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
4. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
5. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen feel about many of her professors' methods for teaching the great works of literature?
2. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
3. How did Helen feel about Anne's attempts to teach her the manual alphabet?
4. How did Helen feel about her Latin lessons?
5. What had Helen accomplished by the time she was age thirteen?
6. How did Helen's tantrums change and how did this make most of her family and friends feel?
7. How did Helen practice her math skills and what would she always do during math class?
8. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
9. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
10. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe the trip to Baltimore was such an important part of Helen's life? Why do you think she is able to clearly remember the amount of detail so many years later? Have you ever experienced an event like this? If so, describe it. If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think math was particularly difficult for Helen? Do you think there would be any aspects of math that would be easier than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Helen would have been able to continue her studies if Anne had had to accept a different position? What do you think was Anne's influence on Helen's studies?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)