|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen name her canary?
2. Where is Fern Quarry located?
3. Where was the Perkins Institute located?
4. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
5. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen's tantrums change and how did this make most of her family and friends feel?
2. How did Helen spend her days when she was with her family at Fern Quarry?
3. How did Helen imitate her father?
4. Where did Helen spend her winters?
5. Who was Helen's father and mother and what information does she share about them?
6. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
7. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
8. What happened when Helen arrived at the Perkins Institute and how did that make her feel?
9. What is The Story of My Life and when was it written?
10. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Helen was never satisfied with the level she had attained with regards to education? Do you think had she not lost her sight and hearing she would have had the same drive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think books played such an important part in Helen's life? What plays the most important part in your life? Why do you think that is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining in what ways Helen was fortunate to be born into the family she was. How did her parents support and help her? Why might other families not be able to do the same things?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)