|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
2. When Helen took the exams to enter Radcliffe College what subjects did she earn honors in?
(a) English and geography.
(b) German and science.
(c) German and English.
(d) Geography and science.
3. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
(a) English literature.
4. What lead to a sort of awakening for Helen?
(a) Her visits to the poor.
(b) Her visits with actors and actresses.
(c) Her isolated walks.
(d) Her visits with young children.
5. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
(a) She tolerated them.
(b) She despised them.
(c) She disliked them.
(d) She enjoyed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
2. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
3. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
4. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
5. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)