|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
(a) She was only granted acceptance based on waiting the year.
(b) She needed to take a break and give Anne a break.
(c) She wanted a year to enjoy her time at home with her sister.
(d) She wanted to be more prepared, especially in math.
2. What season was it during chapter twelve?
3. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Exams translated.
(b) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
(c) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
(d) Another interpreter besides Anne.
4. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Greek paintings.
(c) Egyptian mummies.
(d) Roman statues.
5. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(b) A compelling and decisive story.
(c) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
(d) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah Fuller?
2. What was the only part of New York City that Helen actually liked?
3. Why might it not be surprising that Helen learned to like studying Latin?
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
5. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)