|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
(a) She enjoyed them.
(b) She disliked them.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She tolerated them.
2. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
(b) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
(c) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(d) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
3. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
4. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
(b) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(c) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(d) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
5. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
2. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
3. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
5. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)