|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
(b) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(c) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(d) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
2. What was Helen's favorite sport?
(a) Ice Skating.
3. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
(a) Her hands are busy listening.
(b) She cannot write.
(c) Her teacher's do not allow it.
(d) She doesn't have a Braille typewriter.
4. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) Beginning with language.
(b) A prescribed curriculum.
(c) The same as that her siblings followed.
(d) Following her interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
2. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
3. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
4. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
5. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)