|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
(a) Anne to get better.
(b) Her mother to bring up materials.
(c) To finish her other courses.
(d) To buy a braillewriter.
2. What types of books did Helen dislike reading?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Poetry, particularly romantic poets.
(d) Fables where animals are made to act or talk like people.
3. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(b) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(c) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(d) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
4. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Leave his school.
(b) Hire additional tutors.
(c) Work harder in her subjects.
(d) Stay at his school more than two years.
5. What was Helen accused of doing?
(c) Hurting another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
2. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
3. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
4. What was Helen's favorite sport?
5. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)