|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
(a) The opportunities they have.
(b) The effort they put forth.
(c) The locations of their homes.
(d) The conditions that they live in.
2. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
(a) So Mildred could understand her.
(b) So that she could learn more information faster.
(c) So that she could give speeches.
(d) So that she could communicate with those that could not fingerspell.
3. Who did Helen go to the World's Fair with?
(a) Anne and Mildred.
(b) Her mother and father.
(c) Anne and Dr. Bell.
(d) Dr. Bell and Sarah Fuller.
4. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
(a) She disliked them.
(b) She tolerated them.
(c) She enjoyed them.
(d) She despised them.
5. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
(b) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(c) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(d) A compelling and decisive story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
2. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
4. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
5. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)