|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
(a) He felt Anne was not supporting Helen enough.
(b) He felt Anne was giving Helen answers.
(c) He felt Helen was mistreating Anne.
(d) He felt Helen was working to hard.
2. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
(a) Girls learned to fingerspell.
(b) Her friends from Philadelphia visited often.
(c) Mildred stayed to study there as well.
(d) She was able to get outside frequently.
3. What does Helen enjoy at museums and art stores?
(a) The atmosphere.
(b) Touching the paintings.
(c) Feeling the sculptures.
(d) Other people's descriptions.
4. How did Helen learn to talk?
(a) She made noises and the teacher corrected her mouth and tongue positions with her hands.
(b) She read the words while the teacher fingerspelled how to make the words.
(c) She felt the positions of Fuller's tongue and lips as she made sounds.
(d) She held her hand on Fuller's throat and felt the vibrations.
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) Following her interests.
(b) The same as that her siblings followed.
(c) A prescribed curriculum.
(d) Beginning with language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it during chapter twelve?
2. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
3. What made math more difficult for Helen?
4. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
5. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)