|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
2. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(b) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(c) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
(d) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
3. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
4. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Hire additional tutors.
(b) Leave his school.
(c) Stay at his school more than two years.
(d) Work harder in her subjects.
5. What gives Helen fond memories of her time in New York?
(a) The progress she made with her speech skills.
(b) That Anne was with her the whole time.
(c) Her love of languages and geography.
(d) Her newly found lip-reading skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
3. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
4. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
5. How does Helen describe the Bible?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)