|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) The same as that her siblings followed.
(b) Following her interests.
(c) Beginning with language.
(d) A prescribed curriculum.
2. What season was it during chapter twelve?
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
(a) Laborious comments.
(b) Odorous analysis.
(c) A responsive heart.
(d) Impositions of the reader.
4. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
5. What gives Helen fond memories of her time in New York?
(a) The progress she made with her speech skills.
(b) Her love of languages and geography.
(c) Her newly found lip-reading skills.
(d) That Anne was with her the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
2. Who is Sarah Fuller?
3. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
4. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
5. What was Helen accused of doing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)