|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
(b) She wanted to do things herself.
(c) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
(d) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
2. Where was Helen waiting for Anne when a storm suddenly arose?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the house.
(c) By the pump.
(d) Next to the well.
3. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
(a) Participate in conversations.
(b) Think critically.
(c) Understand language.
(d) Initiate conversation.
4. At whose home did Helen and Anne stay?
(a) Mrs. Sullivan's.
(b) Mrs. Perkins's.
(c) Mr. Bell's.
(d) Ms. Keller's.
5. What season is it when Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
2. What was Mildred's suggestion to Helen and Mildred?
3. For how many years did Helen live in isolation?
4. In what state was Helen born?
5. What was Helen allowed to do for the first time with the Tuscumbia school children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
2. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
3. What gave Kate hope for Helen?
4. Who was Helen's father and mother and what information does she share about them?
5. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
6. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
7. What happened to Helen, Mildred and Miss Sullivan as they tried to find their way home when they were lost in the woods?
8. When Helen began reading her first book, how did she start out?
9. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
10. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)