|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mildred's suggestion to Helen and Mildred?
(a) They follow a railroad trestle to get home.
(b) They follow a small stream to get home.
(c) They follow a path of stones to get home.
(d) They follow a squirrel to get home.
2. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to do things herself.
(b) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
(c) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
(d) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
3. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
(a) A brand new doll.
(b) A canary.
(c) A cat.
(d) A new book.
4. Where did Helen and Anne vacation after leaving Boston?
(b) Cape Cod.
(d) New York.
5. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
(b) She was out of the house more often.
(c) Her desire to express herself grew.
(d) Her size and weight increased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen consider to be one of her favorite childhood pastimes?
2. What did Helen need to learn how to recognize and communicate?
3. What was Helen allowed to do for the first time with the Tuscumbia school children?
4. Which of the following is an example of a word game that Anne invented and played with Helen?
5. At whose home did Helen and Anne stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
2. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
3. What animal did Helen find on the beach and what did she do with it?
4. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
5. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
6. What did Helen find frustrating about her second year at Gilman's school?
7. When Helen began reading her first book, how did she start out?
8. How did Helen spend her days when she was with her family at Fern Quarry?
9. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
10. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)