|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen ask Anne about the ocean?
(a) What animals live in it?
(b) Who put salt in the water?
(c) How big is it?
(d) Why is it so strong?
2. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
(b) Enough people did not understand them.
(c) She could not use them fast enough.
(d) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
3. What about Helen's temperament served her well to help her overcome obstacles?
(a) Her persistence.
(b) Her self-absorbed nature.
(c) Her instant anger.
(d) Her pleasing nature.
4. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) Using Helen's made up signs.
(b) Using the manual alphabet.
(c) With tools and her own creations.
(d) With dolls and other manipulatives.
5. What did Helen learn to fear?
(a) Being alone with no one to help her communicate.
(b) The power of nature.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her half-brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
2. What happened while Helen, Mildred and Anne were in the woods?
3. At what age did Helen say her first word?
4. Where is Fern Quarry located?
5. What animal does Helen drag home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Helen doing when Anne taught her the concept of what it meant to think?
2. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
3. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
4. What happened to Helen's canary?
5. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
6. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
7. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
8. What happened as a result of Helen's inability to express herself?
9. What happened to Helen when she was waiting for Anne to bring Helen lunch?
10. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)