|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
2. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
(a) Ivy Green.
(b) Dr. Alexander Graham Bell.
(c) Miss Anne Sullivan.
(d) Sarah Fuller.
3. How did Helen view nature?
(a) As a waste of her time.
(b) As something she cannot understand.
(c) As a constant lesson.
(d) As a miracle.
4. How did Helen first begin to show she could read the words presented to her by Anne?
(a) She would go and find the object on the card.
(b) She would attach the correct word to the object.
(c) She would fingerspell the object Anne gave her.
(d) She would give the appropriate card to Anne.
5. What was Mildred's suggestion to Helen and Mildred?
(a) They follow a small stream to get home.
(b) They follow a railroad trestle to get home.
(c) They follow a path of stones to get home.
(d) They follow a squirrel to get home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Helen say her first word?
2. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
3. How did Helen get interested in learning about dinosaurs?
4. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
5. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Helen wrote her very first story?
2. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
3. What happened to Helen, Mildred and Miss Sullivan as they tried to find their way home when they were lost in the woods?
4. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
5. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
6. What was the progression of Helen's learning?
7. How did Helen's tantrums change and how did this make most of her family and friends feel?
8. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
9. How did Helen imitate her father?
10. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)