|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
(a) Sarah Fuller.
(b) Miss Anne Sullivan.
(c) Ivy Green.
(d) Dr. Alexander Graham Bell.
2. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
3. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
4. What did Helen name her canary?
(a) Little Annie.
(c) Little Tim.
5. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Helen sit to be splashed by the waves?
2. In what way was Helen becoming a danger to herself and others?
3. What did Helen do to Mildred when she was in a rage?
4. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
5. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
2. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
3. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
4. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
5. How did Helen's abilities change and what did it take her a long time to be able to do?
6. What happened as a result of Helen's inability to express herself?
7. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
8. How did Helen imitate her father?
9. In her final chapter, who does Helen have unkind words for?
10. How did Helen feel about Anne's attempts to teach her the manual alphabet?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)