|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen's learning feel like to her?
(d) Being freed.
2. What did Helen consider to be one of her favorite childhood pastimes?
(a) Eating outside.
(b) Feeling storms.
(c) Working with Anne.
(d) Climbing trees.
3. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(b) Her older half-brothers.
(c) Her baby sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
5. How did Helen view nature?
(a) As a miracle.
(b) As something she cannot understand.
(c) As a constant lesson.
(d) As a waste of her time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
2. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
3. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
4. How did Helen feel about Dr. Bell?
5. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Kate hope for Helen?
2. What disappointed Helen about her time at the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
3. What bothered Helen and her new doll and what did she do about it?
4. How did Helen feel about Shakespeare and how did her feelings change from the time she was a child to an young adult?
5. Who was Helen's father and mother and what information does she share about them?
6. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
7. What were some of the activities that Martha and Helen would do together?
8. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
9. Where did Helen spend her winters?
10. What happened to Helen's canary?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)