|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen view nature?
(a) As something she cannot understand.
(b) As a miracle.
(c) As a constant lesson.
(d) As a waste of her time.
2. Where did Helen visit in May of 1888?
(a) Her aunt in Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Dr. Alexander Graham Bell.
(c) Perkins Institute
(d) The eye doctor in Baltimore.
3. What was Helen most interested in that she visited while on her trip?
(a) Plymouth Rock.
(b) Bunker Hill.
4. Where is Fern Quarry located?
5. Which of the following is an example of a word game that Anne invented and played with Helen?
(a) How high is that?
(b) What time is it?
(c) Where's your nose?
(d) When did that happen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
2. How old was Helen when she wrote this novel?
3. In what way does Helen see herself as fortunate in terms of her family?
4. Where was the Perkins Institute located?
5. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her final chapter, who does Helen have unkind words for?
2. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
3. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
4. What happened as a result of Helen's inability to express herself?
5. How did Helen spend her days when she was with her family at Fern Quarry?
6. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
7. What happened to Helen when she was waiting for Anne to bring Helen lunch?
8. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
9. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
10. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)