|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
(a) Signing her name.
(c) How to eat.
2. Why did Helen's family tend to let her have her own way whenever possible?
(a) Because they didn't know what else to do.
(b) Because she couldn't see or hear.
(c) Because of her rages.
(d) Because she was the youngest child.
3. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
4. What was Helen most interested in that she visited while on her trip?
(b) Bunker Hill.
(d) Plymouth Rock.
5. Which of the following best describes Helen's relationship with Martha as they played together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne Sullivan believe that normal children learned language?
2. What does Helen indicate she felt after he tantrums passed?
3. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
4. What did Helen need to learn how to recognize and communicate?
5. Where did Helen visit in May of 1888?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
2. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
3. At age nine, what did Helen experience for the first time?
4. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
5. What was the progression of Helen's learning?
6. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
7. What bothered Helen and her new doll and what did she do about it?
8. How did Helen imitate her father?
9. Who was Helen's father and mother and what information does she share about them?
10. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)