|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
2. What subject was Helen able to learn about while on her trip?
3. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
4. In what year was Helen born?
5. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
(a) How creative discoveries are made.
(b) How work pays off.
(c) The difference between student and teacher.
(d) How fondly Helen looks on her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose home did Helen and Anne stay?
2. How did Helen feel as her vocabulary increased?
3. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
4. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
5. What did Helen begin to learn as soon as she could fingerspell some words?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Helen spend her winters?
2. In her final chapter, who does Helen have unkind words for?
3. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
4. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
5. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
6. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
7. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
8. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
9. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
10. What gave Kate hope for Helen?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)