Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
(a) There were so many things to keep her mind and fingers busy.
(b) She was terrified of leaving her home and seeing the doctor.
(c) Her mother and father gave into all of her desires and whims.
(d) Her parents gave her some medication to keep her calm.
2. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
(b) She wanted to do things herself.
(c) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
(d) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
3. What did Helen compare the trip she took to?
(a) A great adventure.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) An unveiling.
(d) A bible story.
4. Which of the following literary terms did Anne use to help Helen with her learning about nature and life?
5. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(b) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
(c) Playing and laughing together outside.
(d) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why weren't many people near where Helen lived aware of resources for the blind and deaf?
2. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
3. Who cared for the canary?
4. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
5. What caused Helen to get scared while she was on vacation with Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Helen's approach to religion after Bishop Brooks died?
2. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
4. What was the progression of Helen's learning?
5. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
6. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
7. What was Helen doing when Anne taught her the concept of what it meant to think?
8. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
9. How was Helen able to learn some of the basics of geography and what did she think she was actually doing?
10. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)