|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Helen born?
2. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
(b) Her size and weight increased.
(c) Her desire to express herself grew.
(d) She was out of the house more often.
3. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
(a) Dr. Alexander Graham Bell.
(b) Sarah Fuller.
(c) Miss Anne Sullivan.
(d) Ivy Green.
4. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
(a) Teach her.
(b) Watch her.
(c) Babysit her.
(d) Discipline her.
5. After the storm, what was it a long time before Helen did again?
(a) Felt a storm.
(b) Went outside.
(c) Climbed a tree.
(d) Ate with her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
2. Which of the following best describes Helen's relationship with Martha as they played together?
3. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
4. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
5. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
2. How did Helen feel about Shakespeare and how did her feelings change from the time she was a child to an young adult?
3. In her final chapter, who does Helen have unkind words for?
4. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
5. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
6. How did Helen imitate her father?
7. How did Helen feel about many of her professors' methods for teaching the great works of literature?
8. After the fever what memories about sight and sound did Helen have left?
9. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
10. How did Helen practice her math skills and what would she always do during math class?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)