|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen consider to be one of her favorite childhood pastimes?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Working with Anne.
(c) Feeling storms.
(d) Eating outside.
2. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) Enough people did not understand them.
(b) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
(c) She could not use them fast enough.
(d) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
3. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
4. How did Helen's family become acquainted with the Perkins Institute?
(a) Through Helen's mother's reading.
(b) Through the eye doctor in Baltimore.
(c) Through Dr. Bell.
(d) Through Anne Sullivan.
5. Why wasn't Mildred hurt?
(a) Her mother was there to catch her.
(b) Helen regretted her actions soon enough.
(c) The cook pulled Helen away from Mildred.
(d) Mildred was able to defend herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Helen see herself as fortunate in terms of her family?
2. What was Helen most interested in that she visited while on her trip?
3. What did Helen need to learn how to recognize and communicate?
4. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
5. What did Helen compare the trip she took to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Helen spend her winters?
2. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
3. After Helen learned and understood the spellings for things that first day, how did she go to bed that night?
4. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
5. How did Helen's abilities change and what did it take her a long time to be able to do?
6. In her final chapter, who does Helen have unkind words for?
7. What bothered Helen and her new doll and what did she do about it?
8. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
9. What caused Helen great pain at first at the Perkins Institute and then what changed her mind?
10. What did Anne Sullivan begin to do as soon as she arrived at Helen's home?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)