|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
(b) Fern Quarry.
2. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
3. What was Mildred's suggestion to Helen and Mildred?
(a) They follow a path of stones to get home.
(b) They follow a railroad trestle to get home.
(c) They follow a small stream to get home.
(d) They follow a squirrel to get home.
4. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
(a) Her most exciting Christmas.
(b) Her favorite Christmas.
(c) Her first real Christmas.
(d) Her best Christmas.
5. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fern Quarry located?
2. What does Helen indicate she felt after he tantrums passed?
3. How did Anne Sullivan believe that normal children learned language?
4. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
5. What was Sullivan trying to teach Helen the difference between when Helen became extremely frustrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
2. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
3. What allowed Helen to forget all of the controversy about her plagiarism?
4. What is The Story of My Life and when was it written?
5. What were some of the activities that Martha and Helen would do together?
6. What happened nine months after Anne Sullivan arrived at Helen's home?
7. After Helen learned and understood the spellings for things that first day, how did she go to bed that night?
8. What gave Kate hope for Helen?
9. How did Helen imitate her father?
10. What happened as a result of the plagiarizing incident for Helen?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)