|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Helen born?
2. How old was Helen when she wrote this novel?
3. Where was the Perkins Institute located?
(d) New York.
4. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
5. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Helen not like?
2. What does Helen indicate she felt after he tantrums passed?
3. What animal does Helen drag home?
4. What did Helen need to learn about the spellings Annie was completing in her hand?
5. In what area did Helen have a lot of catching up to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
2. What did Anne Sullivan begin to do as soon as she arrived at Helen's home?
3. What happened to Helen's canary?
4. What disappointed Helen about her time at the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
5. What happened to Helen, Mildred and Miss Sullivan as they tried to find their way home when they were lost in the woods?
6. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
7. What had Helen accomplished by the time she was age thirteen?
8. What animal did Helen find on the beach and what did she do with it?
9. How did Helen feel about her Latin lessons?
10. What happened when Helen wrote her very first story?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)