|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
(a) How work pays off.
(b) How creative discoveries are made.
(c) The difference between student and teacher.
(d) How fondly Helen looks on her teacher.
2. How did Helen spend the rest of her summer?
(a) Visiting doctors and schools.
(b) Playing and communicating with her family.
(c) Building her vocabulary.
(d) Traveling with Anne.
3. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
4. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
(b) She could not use them fast enough.
(c) Enough people did not understand them.
(d) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
5. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
(a) Discipline her.
(b) Teach her.
(c) Watch her.
(d) Babysit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
2. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
3. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
4. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
5. In what year was this novel first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Helen great pain at first at the Perkins Institute and then what changed her mind?
2. How did Helen's friends react to her desire to learn to speak and why did they react this way?
3. What happened when Helen arrived at the Perkins Institute and how did that make her feel?
4. Why did Anne take Helen outside when she went into a rage and broke her new doll?
5. What did Anne Sullivan begin to do as soon as she arrived at Helen's home?
6. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
7. After the fever what memories about sight and sound did Helen have left?
8. How did Helen spend her days when she was with her family at Fern Quarry?
9. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
10. What were two of the chores that Helen was able to do for her mother?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)