|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
2. What subject did Helen not like?
3. How did Helen feel about Dr. Bell?
(a) She was frustrated when she was with him.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She was angry when he tried to work with her.
(d) She loved him right away.
4. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
(a) She found presents everywhere.
(b) She has presents herself.
(c) She was the first person awake.
(d) She had a gift from Anne.
5. Which of the following literary terms did Anne use to help Helen with her learning about nature and life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
2. What was Helen doing when her next big step came?
3. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
4. Where was Helen waiting for Anne when a storm suddenly arose?
5. What did Helen need to learn how to recognize and communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
2. How does Helen describe her feelings about her tree friends?
3. How did Helen feel about Shakespeare and how did her feelings change from the time she was a child to an young adult?
4. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
5. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
6. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
7. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
8. What bothered Helen and her new doll and what did she do about it?
9. Where did Helen spend her winters?
10. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)