|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen indicate she did not know about Pilgrims at the time?
(a) That they persecuted others.
(b) That they traveled for religious freedom.
(c) That they came from another country.
(d) That they did not land every where.
2. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
3. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) She was out of the house more often.
(b) Her desire to express herself grew.
(c) Her size and weight increased.
(d) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
4. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
5. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to do things herself.
(b) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
(c) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
(d) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helen doing when her next big step came?
2. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
3. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
4. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
5. What did Helen's aunt make for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
2. What ashamed Helen about her math classes at Gilman's school?
3. How did Helen feel about many of her professors' methods for teaching the great works of literature?
4. How did Helen's friends react to her desire to learn to speak and why did they react this way?
5. How was Helen able to learn some of the basics of geography and what did she think she was actually doing?
6. How did Helen feel about Anne's attempts to teach her the manual alphabet?
7. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
8. Who was Helen's father and mother and what information does she share about them?
9. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
10. After Helen learned and understood the spellings for things that first day, how did she go to bed that night?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)