|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(a) Her older half-brothers.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her baby sister.
2. Which genre best describes this novel?
(d) Historical fiction.
3. In what way was Helen becoming a danger to herself and others?
(a) Her energy level was waning and she was unable to sustain herself.
(b) Her need for stimulation exceeded her parent's ability to train her.
(c) She refused to participate in family activities.
(d) She showed more jealousy against every single person she encountered.
4. Which of the following could be considered the theme of chapter five?
(b) On-going learning.
(c) Child's innocence.
(d) Mixed blessings.
5. Which of the following best describes Helen's sense when she first makes the connection that the spellings are the names of things?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helen doing when her next big step came?
2. What did Helen indicate she did not know about Pilgrims at the time?
3. Who cared for the canary?
4. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
5. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position did Helen hold in the family and how was she treated?
2. What happened to Helen the first time she was in the ocean?
3. What happened to Helen when she was waiting for Anne to bring Helen lunch?
4. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
5. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
6. How did Helen imitate her father?
7. What disappointed Helen about her time at the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
8. What was a first for Helen when she attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies?
9. How did Helen begin to learn how to read?
10. How did Helen sometimes feel toward her peers and why did she feel this way?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)