|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
2. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
(d) Dining room.
3. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) With dolls and other manipulatives.
(b) Using the manual alphabet.
(c) With tools and her own creations.
(d) Using Helen's made up signs.
4. What subject was Helen able to learn about while on her trip?
5. In what state was Helen born?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen learn to fear?
2. Where did Helen visit in May of 1888?
3. Why did Helen's family tend to let her have her own way whenever possible?
4. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
5. What did Helen's aunt make for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Helen able to learn some of the basics of geography and what did she think she was actually doing?
2. What animal did Helen find on the beach and what did she do with it?
3. How did Helen feel about other writers?
4. What were some of the activities that Martha and Helen would do together?
5. What did Anne reason about the way normal children's language skills develop and how did she apply that to Helen?
6. What became one of Helen's favorite pastimes?
7. Why did Helen become restless and frustrated?
8. What caused Helen great pain at first at the Perkins Institute and then what changed her mind?
9. What happened as a result of Helen's inability to express herself?
10. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)