|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sullivan trying to teach Helen the difference between when Helen became extremely frustrated?
(a) Mug and water.
(b) Knife and fork.
(c) Doll and book.
(d) Pump and flower.
2. Where is Fern Quarry located?
3. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
(a) She was the first person awake.
(b) She has presents herself.
(c) She found presents everywhere.
(d) She had a gift from Anne.
4. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
(a) Watch her.
(b) Babysit her.
(c) Discipline her.
(d) Teach her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
2. Where did Anne and Helen often take walks?
3. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
4. What did Helen need to learn about the spellings Annie was completing in her hand?
5. What did Helen begin to learn as soon as she could fingerspell some words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as a result of Helen's inability to express herself?
2. How did Helen feel about other writers?
3. What were the big events that Helen was able to participate in during 1893?
4. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
5. What happened when Helen wrote her very first story?
6. What happened to Helen, Mildred and Miss Sullivan as they tried to find their way home when they were lost in the woods?
7. When Helen's parents took her to Baltimore, how did Helen feel about the trip?
8. What had Helen accomplished by the time she was age thirteen?
9. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
10. How did Helen imitate her father?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)