|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
(c) Fern Quarry.
2. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
3. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
(a) She found presents everywhere.
(b) She has presents herself.
(c) She was the first person awake.
(d) She had a gift from Anne.
4. Which genre best describes this novel?
(a) Historical fiction.
5. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen, Mildred and Anne do when the train approached?
2. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
3. What season is it when Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
4. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
5. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the activities that Martha and Helen would do together?
2. What happened during the rest of the summer as Helen's vocabulary grew?
3. How did Helen imitate her father?
4. How did Helen take her preliminary exams to enter Radcliffe College?
5. What were some of the things Helen enjoyed doing outside when she wasn't reading?
6. What did Anne Sullivan begin to do as soon as she arrived at Helen's home?
7. How did Helen feel about her Latin lessons?
8. In what way did Helen consider herself lucky in regards to nature?
9. What is The Story of My Life and when was it written?
10. What happened to Helen when she was waiting for Anne to bring Helen lunch?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)