|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season was it during chapter twelve?
2. What does Helen enjoy at museums and art stores?
(a) Other people's descriptions.
(b) Touching the paintings.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) Feeling the sculptures.
3. At what age did Helen begin her formal schooling?
4. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(b) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
(c) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
(d) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
5. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
(a) Unattainable things.
(b) Surprise and power.
(c) Goodness and love.
(d) Emotions and depth.
6. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
7. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
(a) How to write.
(b) How to ride a horse.
(c) How to speak.
(d) How to read.
8. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
(a) German professor.
(b) Shakespeare professor.
(c) English literature professor.
(d) Latin professor.
9. What was the only part of New York City that Helen actually liked?
(a) The shopping.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The large amount of people.
(d) The monuments.
10. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
11. Which of the following subjects was not one Helen studied during her time in New York?
12. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
(a) She wanted a year to enjoy her time at home with her sister.
(b) She needed to take a break and give Anne a break.
(c) She was only granted acceptance based on waiting the year.
(d) She wanted to be more prepared, especially in math.
13. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
(a) The victims.
(b) The villains.
(c) The female characters.
(d) The heros.
14. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
15. What was Helen's favorite sport?
(c) Ice Skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
2. What types of books did Helen dislike reading?
3. Who did Helen go to the World's Fair with?
4. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)