|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season was it during chapter twelve?
2. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
3. What types of books did Helen dislike reading?
(a) Greek mythology.
(b) Poetry, particularly romantic poets.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Fables where animals are made to act or talk like people.
4. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Hire additional tutors.
(b) Stay at his school more than two years.
(c) Work harder in her subjects.
(d) Leave his school.
5. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
(a) The heros.
(b) The villains.
(c) The victims.
(d) The female characters.
6. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
(a) Time to be with her family.
(b) Time to think and reflect.
(c) Time to do what she wanted.
(d) Time to be outside.
7. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
8. What is Helen's favorite pastime when she is not reading?
(d) Riding bikes.
9. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
(a) Anne to get better.
(b) To finish her other courses.
(c) Her mother to bring up materials.
(d) To buy a braillewriter.
10. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
(b) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(c) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
(d) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
11. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
(a) Impositions of the reader.
(b) A responsive heart.
(c) Laborious comments.
(d) Odorous analysis.
12. Why might it not be surprising that Helen learned to like studying Latin?
(a) She enjoyed learning greatly.
(b) She always achieved her goals.
(c) She had Anne to ensure her success.
(d) She had a gift for various languages.
13. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
(a) How to speak.
(b) How to ride a horse.
(c) How to write.
(d) How to read.
14. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
15. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Roman statues.
(b) Greek paintings.
(c) Egyptian mummies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
2. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
3. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
4. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
5. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)