|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
2. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Egyptian mummies.
(b) Greek paintings.
(d) Roman statues.
3. Who is Sarah Fuller?
(a) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(b) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(c) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(d) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
4. What season was it during chapter twelve?
5. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
6. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
(a) Time to be outside.
(b) Time to do what she wanted.
(c) Time to think and reflect.
(d) Time to be with her family.
7. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Frost Fairies.
(b) The Frosty Man.
(c) The Fairyland of Frost.
(d) The Frost King.
8. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(c) With hesitation.
9. What gives Helen fond memories of her time in New York?
(a) That Anne was with her the whole time.
(b) The progress she made with her speech skills.
(c) Her love of languages and geography.
(d) Her newly found lip-reading skills.
10. How did Helen feel about the Bible when she was a child?
(a) It was too simple for her.
(b) It bored her.
(c) The brutality is too much for her.
(d) She loves the good she finds in it.
11. What lead to a sort of awakening for Helen?
(a) Her visits with actors and actresses.
(b) Her isolated walks.
(c) Her visits with young children.
(d) Her visits to the poor.
12. What did Anne do to help Helen get over her writer's block?
(a) Had her write a poem.
(b) Had her write in a personal journal.
(c) Had her write a letter of apology
(d) Told her to write the story of her life.
13. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to speak.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to write.
14. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
15. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. Who did Helen go to the World's Fair with?
3. What is Helen's favorite pastime when she is not reading?
4. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
5. Where did Helen spend this season?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)