|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen feel about the Bible when she was a child?
(a) It bored her.
(b) The brutality is too much for her.
(c) It was too simple for her.
(d) She loves the good she finds in it.
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(a) With hesitation.
3. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
(a) It was the only school that would accept Helen.
(b) It was close to her home.
(c) It was best for continuing her speech and lip-reading skills.
(d) It was a school that would allow Anne to attend as her interpreter.
4. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
(a) He felt Helen was mistreating Anne.
(b) He felt Anne was not supporting Helen enough.
(c) He felt Helen was working to hard.
(d) He felt Anne was giving Helen answers.
5. How did Helen learn to talk?
(a) She made noises and the teacher corrected her mouth and tongue positions with her hands.
(b) She felt the positions of Fuller's tongue and lips as she made sounds.
(c) She read the words while the teacher fingerspelled how to make the words.
(d) She held her hand on Fuller's throat and felt the vibrations.
6. Where did Helen spend this season?
7. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
8. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
(b) Exams translated.
(c) Another interpreter besides Anne.
(d) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
9. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
10. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) The same as that her siblings followed.
(b) Beginning with language.
(c) A prescribed curriculum.
(d) Following her interests.
11. When Helen took the exams to enter Radcliffe College what subjects did she earn honors in?
(a) German and English.
(b) Geography and science.
(c) German and science.
(d) English and geography.
12. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
(a) Time to think and reflect.
(b) Time to be with her family.
(c) Time to do what she wanted.
(d) Time to be outside.
13. Which of the following subjects was not one Helen studied during her time in New York?
14. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
(a) She needed to take a break and give Anne a break.
(b) She wanted a year to enjoy her time at home with her sister.
(c) She was only granted acceptance based on waiting the year.
(d) She wanted to be more prepared, especially in math.
15. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Frosty Man.
(b) The Fairyland of Frost.
(c) The Frost King.
(d) The Frost Fairies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of books did Helen dislike reading?
2. What season was it during chapter twelve?
3. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
4. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
5. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)