|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
(a) She wanted to be more prepared, especially in math.
(b) She wanted a year to enjoy her time at home with her sister.
(c) She was only granted acceptance based on waiting the year.
(d) She needed to take a break and give Anne a break.
2. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
3. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
(a) Latin and math.
(b) French and Latin.
(c) French and science.
(d) Math and science.
4. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
(a) Unattainable things.
(b) Surprise and power.
(c) Emotions and depth.
(d) Goodness and love.
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) The same as that her siblings followed.
(b) Beginning with language.
(c) Following her interests.
(d) A prescribed curriculum.
6. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
(a) So Mildred could understand her.
(b) So that she could learn more information faster.
(c) So that she could give speeches.
(d) So that she could communicate with those that could not fingerspell.
7. What was Helen accused of doing?
(c) Hurting another.
8. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
(a) Latin and Math teacher.
(b) German and English teacher.
(c) English and math teacher.
(d) Principal and German teacher.
9. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
10. How does Helen indicate one should take their education?
(a) As an door opening to the world around.
(b) As they would take awalk in the country.
(c) As if there is nothing else of importance.
(d) As if it is something precious.
11. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Frosty Man.
(b) The Fairyland of Frost.
(c) The Frost King.
(d) The Frost Fairies.
12. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
(a) Time to do what she wanted.
(b) Time to think and reflect.
(c) Time to be with her family.
(d) Time to be outside.
13. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
(a) Mr. Anagnos.
(b) Margaret Canby.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Dr. Bell.
14. What did Helen have to wait for before she could do her algebra, geometry and physics?
(a) To finish her other courses.
(b) To buy a braillewriter.
(c) Anne to get better.
(d) Her mother to bring up materials.
15. What was the only part of New York City that Helen actually liked?
(a) The large amount of people.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The shopping.
(d) The monuments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
2. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
3. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
4. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
5. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)