|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only part of New York City that Helen actually liked?
(a) The large amount of people.
(b) The shopping.
(c) The monuments.
(d) Central Park.
2. How did Helen learn to talk?
(a) She held her hand on Fuller's throat and felt the vibrations.
(b) She made noises and the teacher corrected her mouth and tongue positions with her hands.
(c) She read the words while the teacher fingerspelled how to make the words.
(d) She felt the positions of Fuller's tongue and lips as she made sounds.
3. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
4. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
(b) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(c) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
(d) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
5. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
(a) The heros.
(b) The victims.
(c) The villains.
(d) The female characters.
6. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
7. Where did Helen spend this season?
8. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
(a) Latin professor.
(b) German professor.
(c) Shakespeare professor.
(d) English literature professor.
9. How old was Helen when she was able to fingerspell, read raised print, read Braille and speak English?
10. Which of the following subjects was not one Helen studied during her time in New York?
11. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
(d) English literature.
12. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
(b) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(c) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(d) A compelling and decisive story.
13. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
14. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
(a) Unattainable things.
(b) Emotions and depth.
(c) Surprise and power.
(d) Goodness and love.
15. What does Helen enjoy at museums and art stores?
(a) Touching the paintings.
(b) Other people's descriptions.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) Feeling the sculptures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
2. How do the conflicts of the world seem to Helen when she is outdoors?
3. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
5. How did Helen feel about the Bible when she was a child?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)