|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
(d) English literature.
2. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
(a) Their history.
(b) Their power.
(c) Their ability to spray water far.
(d) Their size.
3. What season was it during chapter twelve?
4. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
(a) Her teacher's do not allow it.
(b) Her hands are busy listening.
(c) She cannot write.
(d) She doesn't have a Braille typewriter.
5. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
6. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
(a) It was the only school that would accept Helen.
(b) It was best for continuing her speech and lip-reading skills.
(c) It was a school that would allow Anne to attend as her interpreter.
(d) It was close to her home.
7. What was Helen's favorite sport?
(d) Ice Skating.
8. What made math more difficult for Helen?
(a) Anne was not allowed to translate in the math classes.
(b) The books were not ready for her.
(c) She refused to put forth the effort as she did not enjoy the subject.
(d) She did not understand math.
9. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
(a) Latin professor.
(b) English literature professor.
(c) German professor.
(d) Shakespeare professor.
10. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Greek paintings.
(c) Roman statues.
(d) Egyptian mummies.
11. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
(a) Goodness and love.
(b) Surprise and power.
(c) Unattainable things.
(d) Emotions and depth.
12. What gives Helen fond memories of her time in New York?
(a) Her newly found lip-reading skills.
(b) The progress she made with her speech skills.
(c) Her love of languages and geography.
(d) That Anne was with her the whole time.
13. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(c) With hesitation.
14. How old was Helen when she had her first public controversy?
15. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(b) A compelling and decisive story.
(c) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(d) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
2. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
3. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
4. What was the name of the original story?
5. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)