Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Frosty Man.
(b) The Frost King.
(c) The Frost Fairies.
(d) The Fairyland of Frost.
2. Why did Helen and Anne decide she should attend the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf?
(a) It was the only school that would accept Helen.
(b) It was a school that would allow Anne to attend as her interpreter.
(c) It was best for continuing her speech and lip-reading skills.
(d) It was close to her home.
3. What does Helen indicate is the only thing that great poetry needs for interpretation?
(a) A responsive heart.
(b) Odorous analysis.
(c) Impositions of the reader.
(d) Laborious comments.
4. What did Helen indicate she missed the most during her time in college?
(a) Time to be with her family.
(b) Time to do what she wanted.
(c) Time to be outside.
(d) Time to think and reflect.
5. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) Following her interests.
(b) A prescribed curriculum.
(c) The same as that her siblings followed.
(d) Beginning with language.
6. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
7. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
8. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
(a) Her hands are busy listening.
(b) Her teacher's do not allow it.
(c) She cannot write.
(d) She doesn't have a Braille typewriter.
9. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
10. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
(a) She needed to take a break and give Anne a break.
(b) She wanted a year to enjoy her time at home with her sister.
(c) She was only granted acceptance based on waiting the year.
(d) She wanted to be more prepared, especially in math.
11. Who did Helen go to the World's Fair with?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Anne and Mildred.
(c) Anne and Dr. Bell.
(d) Dr. Bell and Sarah Fuller.
12. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
(a) Latin and math.
(b) French and science.
(c) Math and science.
(d) French and Latin.
13. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
(a) English literature professor.
(b) Latin professor.
(c) German professor.
(d) Shakespeare professor.
14. On what did Mr. Gilman base his assumptions?
(a) Helen's behavior.
(b) Talking with Helen.
(c) His personal observations.
(d) Reports from other teachers.
15. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
(a) So that she could learn more information faster.
(b) So Mildred could understand her.
(c) So that she could give speeches.
(d) So that she could communicate with those that could not fingerspell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters does Helen have empathy for in great literature?
2. At what age did Helen begin her formal schooling?
3. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
4. What was Helen's favorite sport?
5. How many sessions did Helen have to learn the elements of speech?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)