|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Roman statues.
(b) Egyptian mummies.
(c) Greek paintings.
2. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Stay at his school more than two years.
(b) Work harder in her subjects.
(c) Leave his school.
(d) Hire additional tutors.
3. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
(b) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(c) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(d) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
4. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
(a) Latin and Math teacher.
(b) German and English teacher.
(c) English and math teacher.
(d) Principal and German teacher.
5. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
(a) She had never heard that story before.
(b) She apologized and promised never to do it again.
(c) She did not remember and did not do it on purpose.
(d) She stands behind the story being her own.
6. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
(b) Another interpreter besides Anne.
(c) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
(d) Exams translated.
7. How does Helen indicate one should take their education?
(a) As an door opening to the world around.
(b) As they would take awalk in the country.
(c) As if there is nothing else of importance.
(d) As if it is something precious.
8. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(a) With hesitation.
9. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
(a) She tolerated them.
(b) She disliked them.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She enjoyed them.
10. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
(b) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
(c) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(d) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
11. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
12. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Fairyland of Frost.
(b) The Frost Fairies.
(c) The Frost King.
(d) The Frosty Man.
13. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
(a) Why did Helen spend her winters in the north?
(b) How old was Helen during this time period?
(c) Where Helen went during the winter?
(d) What was Helen's favorite winter sport?
14. What does Helen enjoy at museums and art stores?
(a) The atmosphere.
(b) Feeling the sculptures.
(c) Other people's descriptions.
(d) Touching the paintings.
15. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Helen wait an additional year before she entered Radcliffe?
2. Who is Sarah Fuller?
3. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
4. What did Anne do to help Helen get over her writer's block?
5. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)