|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
(a) She stands behind the story being her own.
(b) She had never heard that story before.
(c) She apologized and promised never to do it again.
(d) She did not remember and did not do it on purpose.
2. What kept Helen from being lonely at Cambridge?
(a) Mildred stayed to study there as well.
(b) She was able to get outside frequently.
(c) Her friends from Philadelphia visited often.
(d) Girls learned to fingerspell.
3. How did Helen feel about cold winters?
(a) She enjoyed them.
(b) She disliked them.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She tolerated them.
4. In what year did Helen finally enter Radcliffe?
5. What lead to a sort of awakening for Helen?
(a) Her isolated walks.
(b) Her visits to the poor.
(c) Her visits with young children.
(d) Her visits with actors and actresses.
6. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
(a) Unattainable things.
(b) Emotions and depth.
(c) Goodness and love.
(d) Surprise and power.
7. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
(a) He felt Anne was giving Helen answers.
(b) He felt Helen was mistreating Anne.
(c) He felt Helen was working to hard.
(d) He felt Anne was not supporting Helen enough.
8. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
(a) Her teacher's do not allow it.
(b) Her hands are busy listening.
(c) She doesn't have a Braille typewriter.
(d) She cannot write.
9. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) Following her interests.
(b) The same as that her siblings followed.
(c) Beginning with language.
(d) A prescribed curriculum.
10. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(b) With hesitation.
11. Where did Helen spend this season?
12. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
(a) Latin and Math teacher.
(b) Principal and German teacher.
(c) English and math teacher.
(d) German and English teacher.
13. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
14. How does Helen indicate one should take their education?
(a) As an door opening to the world around.
(b) As they would take awalk in the country.
(c) As if it is something precious.
(d) As if there is nothing else of importance.
15. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
(b) Another interpreter besides Anne.
(c) Exams translated.
(d) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the American Falls at Niagara made a big impression on Helen?
2. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
3. What season was it during chapter twelve?
4. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
5. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)