|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
(a) The effort they put forth.
(b) The opportunities they have.
(c) The locations of their homes.
(d) The conditions that they live in.
2. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Hire additional tutors.
(b) Leave his school.
(c) Stay at his school more than two years.
(d) Work harder in her subjects.
4. What was the name of the original story?
(a) The Fairyland of Frost.
(b) The Frost Fairies.
(c) The Frost King.
(d) The Frosty Man.
5. What made math more difficult for Helen?
(a) The books were not ready for her.
(b) She refused to put forth the effort as she did not enjoy the subject.
(c) She did not understand math.
(d) Anne was not allowed to translate in the math classes.
6. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(b) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(c) A compelling and decisive story.
(d) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
7. What did Anne do to help Helen get over her writer's block?
(a) Had her write in a personal journal.
(b) Had her write a letter of apology
(c) Had her write a poem.
(d) Told her to write the story of her life.
8. Which of the following people supported Helen through her traumatic event?
(a) Margaret Canby.
(b) Dr. Bell.
(c) Mr. Anagnos.
(d) Mark Twain.
9. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
(a) French and science.
(b) Math and science.
(c) French and Latin.
(d) Latin and math.
10. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
11. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
12. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(b) Greek paintings.
(c) Egyptian mummies.
(d) Roman statues.
13. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(b) With hesitation.
14. What is Helen's favorite pastime when she is not reading?
(c) Riding bikes.
15. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
(a) How to speak.
(b) How to read.
(c) How to write.
(d) How to ride a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen indicate one should take their education?
2. How did Helen respond to the controversy?
3. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
4. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
5. What was the only part of New York City that Helen actually liked?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)