|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the people at Cambridge learned to fingerspell?
(a) Principal and German teacher.
(b) German and English teacher.
(c) Latin and Math teacher.
(d) English and math teacher.
2. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(b) A compelling and decisive story.
(c) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
(d) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
3. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
4. What did Mr. Gilman want Anne and Helen to do?
(a) Leave his school.
(b) Hire additional tutors.
(c) Stay at his school more than two years.
(d) Work harder in her subjects.
5. What made math more difficult for Helen?
(a) She refused to put forth the effort as she did not enjoy the subject.
(b) The books were not ready for her.
(c) Anne was not allowed to translate in the math classes.
(d) She did not understand math.
6. What was Helen's favorite sport?
(d) Ice Skating.
7. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
(b) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
(c) Another interpreter besides Anne.
(d) Exams translated.
8. What was the one exhibit that Helen could not explore?
(a) Roman statues.
(b) Egyptian mummies.
(c) Greek paintings.
9. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) The same as that her siblings followed.
(b) Following her interests.
(c) A prescribed curriculum.
(d) Beginning with language.
10. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
(a) French and science.
(b) Math and science.
(c) French and Latin.
(d) Latin and math.
11. What season was it during chapter twelve?
12. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
13. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
(a) The effort they put forth.
(b) The opportunities they have.
(c) The conditions that they live in.
(d) The locations of their homes.
14. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
(a) So Mildred could understand her.
(b) So that she could learn more information faster.
(c) So that she could communicate with those that could not fingerspell.
(d) So that she could give speeches.
15. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
(b) French literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
2. Which of the following subjects was not one Helen studied during her time in New York?
3. Which of the following questions is not answered in chapter twelve?
4. How did Helen learn to talk?
5. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)