|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lead to a sort of awakening for Helen?
(a) Her visits with actors and actresses.
(b) Her visits with young children.
(c) Her visits to the poor.
(d) Her isolated walks.
2. How many adults worked with Mr. Agnagnos to question Helen?
3. How does Helen describe the Bible?
(a) A collection of literature more than a record of religion.
(b) A record of religion more than a collection of literature.
(c) A broken book that was unable to provide comforting.
(d) A compelling and decisive story.
4. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
5. What season was it during chapter twelve?
6. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(b) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(c) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(d) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
7. Why doesn't Helen take notes during classes?
(a) She doesn't have a Braille typewriter.
(b) Her teacher's do not allow it.
(c) Her hands are busy listening.
(d) She cannot write.
8. Why were the algebra and geometry sections of Helen's final exams difficult for Helen?
(a) They were subjects she always had difficulty with.
(b) Anne was not able to clarify or translate for her.
(c) They were not translated into Braille at all.
(d) They had used a different type of Braille than what she had been taught.
9. Which of the following terms best describes how Helen attacked learning Latin?
(c) With hesitation.
10. What did Anne do to help Helen get over her writer's block?
(a) Had her write a letter of apology
(b) Had her write a poem.
(c) Told her to write the story of her life.
(d) Had her write in a personal journal.
11. Which of the following subjects was not one described by Helen as one she had an interest in?
(a) French literature.
12. Which subject did Helen never learn to like or excel at?
13. How old was Helen when she experienced snow for the first time?
14. What motivated Helen to want to speak clearly and articulately?
(a) So that she could learn more information faster.
(b) So that she could communicate with those that could not fingerspell.
(c) So Mildred could understand her.
(d) So that she could give speeches.
15. How does her lack of sight and hearing sometimes make Helen feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
2. What year did Helen take the exams to enter Radcliffe College?
3. What was Helen given permission to do at the World's Fair?
4. What outrages Helen as she visits the poor?
5. Which professor does Helen praise for not obscuring the great works?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)