|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home did Helen and Anne stay?
(a) Mr. Bell's.
(b) Ms. Keller's.
(c) Mrs. Perkins's.
(d) Mrs. Sullivan's.
2. In what state was Helen born?
(a) New York.
3. Who else in Helen's family seemed to be verbally gifted?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her half-brothers.
(d) Her father.
4. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 3 months.
5. Where would Helen sit to be splashed by the waves?
(a) On the sand.
(b) Where the waves broke in the water.
(c) On a large rock.
(d) In a beach chair.
6. What was Helen allowed to do for the first time with the Tuscumbia school children?
(a) Hang stockings.
(b) Sing Christmas carols.
(c) Give the children their gifts.
(d) Decorate the tree.
7. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
(a) Wasting time.
(c) Playing with her dolls.
(d) Sitting on her mother's lap.
8. Where did Helen and Anne vacation after leaving Boston?
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) New York.
9. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
(a) The water pump.
(b) Sullivan's glasses.
(c) A new doll.
(d) Mildred's new cradle.
10. How did Helen spend the rest of her summer?
(a) Playing and communicating with her family.
(b) Building her vocabulary.
(c) Visiting doctors and schools.
(d) Traveling with Anne.
11. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York.
12. Where is Fern Quarry located?
13. What did Helen, Mildred and Anne do when the train approached?
(a) Waved at the engineer.
(b) Ran off of the railroad tracks.
(c) Held on to the swaying trestles.
(d) Jumped into the stream.
14. What happened while Helen, Mildred and Anne were in the woods?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They watched/felt trains go by.
(c) They found some baby animals.
(d) They found a stream and played in it.
15. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
(b) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(c) Playing and laughing together outside.
(d) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helen visit in May of 1888?
2. How did Helen get interested in learning about dinosaurs?
3. What caused Helen to get scared while she was on vacation with Anne?
4. What game did Helen think reading was like?
5. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)