|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Perkins Institute located?
(a) New York.
2. How did Helen feel about Dr. Bell?
(a) She loved him right away.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She was frustrated when she was with him.
(d) She was angry when he tried to work with her.
3. What did Helen ask Anne about the ocean?
(a) What animals live in it?
(b) How big is it?
(c) Why is it so strong?
(d) Who put salt in the water?
4. Where is Fern Quarry located?
5. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
(a) Sarah Fuller.
(b) Miss Anne Sullivan.
(c) Ivy Green.
(d) Dr. Alexander Graham Bell.
6. What did Helen do to Mildred when she was in a rage?
(a) Hid Mildred in a closet.
(b) Pushed Mildred onto the floor.
(c) Pulled Mildred out of her mother's lap.
(d) Tipped over Mildred's cradle.
7. Who cared for the canary?
(a) Helen's mother.
8. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
(a) She hated helping in the kitchen.
(b) She had a few chores she had to do.
(c) She was jealous of her little sister.
(d) She felt loved by her parents.
9. Why wasn't Mildred hurt?
(a) Her mother was there to catch her.
(b) Mildred was able to defend herself.
(c) The cook pulled Helen away from Mildred.
(d) Helen regretted her actions soon enough.
10. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
11. Which of the following best describes Helen's relationship with Martha as they played together?
12. Why did Helen's family tend to let her have her own way whenever possible?
(a) Because she was the youngest child.
(b) Because she couldn't see or hear.
(c) Because of her rages.
(d) Because they didn't know what else to do.
13. In what month did Anne Sullivan arrive at Ivy Green to work with Helen?
14. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) With tools and her own creations.
(b) Using Helen's made up signs.
(c) Using the manual alphabet.
(d) With dolls and other manipulatives.
15. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
2. Which of the following is an example of a word game that Anne invented and played with Helen?
3. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
4. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
5. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)