|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
2. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
3. Which of the following best describes Helen's sense when she first makes the connection that the spellings are the names of things?
4. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
5. What was Helen allowed to do for the first time with the Tuscumbia school children?
(a) Decorate the tree.
(b) Sing Christmas carols.
(c) Hang stockings.
(d) Give the children their gifts.
6. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) With dolls and other manipulatives.
(b) Using the manual alphabet.
(c) Using Helen's made up signs.
(d) With tools and her own creations.
7. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Playing and laughing together outside.
(b) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(c) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
(d) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
8. How did Helen feel as her vocabulary increased?
(a) As if she knew everything.
(b) Resigned to always be an outsider.
(c) More a part of the world.
(d) Sad that she couldn't learn fast enough.
9. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
10. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
(a) Babysit her.
(b) Teach her.
(c) Watch her.
(d) Discipline her.
11. At whose home did Helen and Anne stay?
(a) Mrs. Sullivan's.
(b) Ms. Keller's.
(c) Mrs. Perkins's.
(d) Mr. Bell's.
12. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
13. In what way was Helen becoming a danger to herself and others?
(a) Her energy level was waning and she was unable to sustain herself.
(b) She refused to participate in family activities.
(c) She showed more jealousy against every single person she encountered.
(d) Her need for stimulation exceeded her parent's ability to train her.
14. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
(b) She was out of the house more often.
(c) Her size and weight increased.
(d) Her desire to express herself grew.
15. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
(a) Her first real Christmas.
(b) Her most exciting Christmas.
(c) Her favorite Christmas.
(d) Her best Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
2. What subject was Helen able to learn about while on her trip?
3. What did Helen, Mildred and Anne do when the train approached?
4. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
5. What did Helen indicate she did not know about Pilgrims at the time?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)