|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
(a) How fondly Helen looks on her teacher.
(b) The difference between student and teacher.
(c) How work pays off.
(d) How creative discoveries are made.
2. What abstract term did it take a very long time for Helen to understand?
3. In what way was Helen becoming a danger to herself and others?
(a) She showed more jealousy against every single person she encountered.
(b) She refused to participate in family activities.
(c) Her energy level was waning and she was unable to sustain herself.
(d) Her need for stimulation exceeded her parent's ability to train her.
4. What subject did Helen learn about on the walks she and Anne took?
(d) Social Studies.
5. Where did Helen and Anne vacation after leaving Boston?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) New York.
6. What did Helen compare the trip she took to?
(a) A bible story.
(b) An unveiling.
(c) A fairy tale.
(d) A great adventure.
7. Where would Helen sit to be splashed by the waves?
(a) Where the waves broke in the water.
(b) On the sand.
(c) On a large rock.
(d) In a beach chair.
8. Which genre best describes this novel?
(d) Historical fiction.
9. How did Helen first begin to show she could read the words presented to her by Anne?
(a) She would fingerspell the object Anne gave her.
(b) She would go and find the object on the card.
(c) She would attach the correct word to the object.
(d) She would give the appropriate card to Anne.
10. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
11. How can one tell that Helen enjoyed spelling out sentences with Anne?
(a) She did it even without Anne.
(b) She would do it for hours.
(c) She wanted to show all of her family.
(d) She would smile while doing it.
12. What was Helen doing when her next big step came?
(a) Going through the store.
(b) Taking a walk with Anne.
(c) Sitting in a tree.
(d) Trying to solve a problem.
13. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
(a) She is moved on to another location.
(b) She sees them as happy and contented.
(c) They tell her not to be upset.
(d) She learns about some additional students.
14. What did Helen learn to fear?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her half-brothers.
(c) Being alone with no one to help her communicate.
(d) The power of nature.
15. What did Helen begin to learn as soon as she could fingerspell some words?
(a) To start conversations.
(b) To read.
(c) To communicate with others.
(d) To use manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
2. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
3. What did Helen name her canary?
4. Where did Anne and Helen often take walks?
5. What did Helen ask Anne about the ocean?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)