|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
2. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
(a) How to eat.
(d) Signing her name.
3. Where did Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
(b) Fern Quarry.
4. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
(a) How creative discoveries are made.
(b) How fondly Helen looks on her teacher.
(c) The difference between student and teacher.
(d) How work pays off.
5. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(a) Her older half-brothers.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her baby sister.
6. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
7. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
(a) Her parents gave her some medication to keep her calm.
(b) Her mother and father gave into all of her desires and whims.
(c) There were so many things to keep her mind and fingers busy.
(d) She was terrified of leaving her home and seeing the doctor.
8. In what month did Anne Sullivan arrive at Ivy Green to work with Helen?
9. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
(b) She could not use them fast enough.
(c) Enough people did not understand them.
(d) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
10. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
11. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
12. What did Helen, Mildred and Anne do when the train approached?
(a) Held on to the swaying trestles.
(b) Jumped into the stream.
(c) Waved at the engineer.
(d) Ran off of the railroad tracks.
13. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
(d) Dining room.
14. Which of the following best describes Helen's relationship with Martha as they played together?
15. In what state was Helen born?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen indicate she did not know about Pilgrims at the time?
2. What did Helen begin to learn as soon as she could fingerspell some words?
3. What did Helen name her canary?
4. Where was Helen waiting for Anne when a storm suddenly arose?
5. What was the first book Helen read from?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)