|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mildred's suggestion to Helen and Mildred?
(a) They follow a path of stones to get home.
(b) They follow a squirrel to get home.
(c) They follow a small stream to get home.
(d) They follow a railroad trestle to get home.
2. For how many years did Helen live in isolation?
3. In what way does Helen see herself as fortunate in terms of her family?
(a) Her family did not abadon her when she became ill.
(b) Her father died in the war trying to protecte Helen.
(c) Her parents had good connections and kept reading.
(d) Her mother gave up work to take care of Helen.
4. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 12 months.
5. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
6. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
7. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
8. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
(a) Think critically.
(b) Participate in conversations.
(c) Understand language.
(d) Initiate conversation.
9. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
(a) Her parents gave her some medication to keep her calm.
(b) She was terrified of leaving her home and seeing the doctor.
(c) There were so many things to keep her mind and fingers busy.
(d) Her mother and father gave into all of her desires and whims.
10. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
(a) Signing her name.
(b) How to eat.
11. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(a) Her older half-brothers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her baby sister.
12. Who cared for the canary?
(c) Helen's mother.
13. Who else in Helen's family seemed to be verbally gifted?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her half-brothers.
14. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
(a) A brand new doll.
(b) A cat.
(c) A new book.
(d) A canary.
15. Why did Helen's family tend to let her have her own way whenever possible?
(a) Because they didn't know what else to do.
(b) Because she was the youngest child.
(c) Because of her rages.
(d) Because she couldn't see or hear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen learn to fear?
2. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
3. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
4. What subject did Helen learn about on the walks she and Anne took?
5. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)