|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way was Helen gifted from the beginning of her life?
2. After the storm, what was it a long time before Helen did again?
(a) Went outside.
(b) Ate with her teacher.
(c) Climbed a tree.
(d) Felt a storm.
3. How old was Helen when she wrote this novel?
4. What was the first thing Sullivan begin to teach Helen?
(b) How to eat.
(d) Signing her name.
5. Where did most of Helen's lessons come from during the summer?
6. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(b) Her baby sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her older half-brothers.
7. What did Helen ask Anne about the ocean?
(a) What animals live in it?
(b) Why is it so strong?
(c) Who put salt in the water?
(d) How big is it?
8. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
9. Learning these finger spellings could be said to be what for Helen?
(a) The end to a long road.
(b) A bridge to the world.
(c) A period of great learning.
(d) A simple pattern of effort.
10. In what way was Helen becoming a danger to herself and others?
(a) Her need for stimulation exceeded her parent's ability to train her.
(b) She showed more jealousy against every single person she encountered.
(c) She refused to participate in family activities.
(d) Her energy level was waning and she was unable to sustain herself.
11. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
12. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
13. What did Helen learn to fear?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Being alone with no one to help her communicate.
(c) The power of nature.
(d) Her half-brothers.
14. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
(b) She wanted to do things herself.
(c) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
(d) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
15. How did Helen feel as her vocabulary increased?
(a) More a part of the world.
(b) Resigned to always be an outsider.
(c) As if she knew everything.
(d) Sad that she couldn't learn fast enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Helen born?
2. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
3. What did Helen name her canary?
4. Where is Fern Quarry located?
5. What did Helen consider to be one of her favorite childhood pastimes?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)