|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
(a) The water pump.
(b) Sullivan's glasses.
(c) Mildred's new cradle.
(d) A new doll.
2. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
(a) Her older half-brothers.
(b) Her baby sister.
(c) Her mother.
3. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
(a) A cat.
(b) A brand new doll.
(c) A canary.
(d) A new book.
4. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
(a) She was jealous of her little sister.
(b) She felt loved by her parents.
(c) She had a few chores she had to do.
(d) She hated helping in the kitchen.
5. In what area did Helen have a lot of catching up to do?
6. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
(b) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
(c) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(d) Playing and laughing together outside.
7. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
(a) Playing with her dolls.
(c) Wasting time.
(d) Sitting on her mother's lap.
8. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
(a) She learns about some additional students.
(b) She sees them as happy and contented.
(c) They tell her not to be upset.
(d) She is moved on to another location.
9. What did Helen name her canary?
(a) Little Tim.
(b) Little Annie.
10. In what way was Helen gifted from the beginning of her life?
11. At what age did Helen say her first word?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 6 months.
12. What did Anne go to get while Helen was waiting for her to return?
13. What was the first the first word Helen connected with the spelling?
14. Why might nature seem to be more menacing to Helen?
(a) Because she didn't understand its laws.
(b) Because she was unable to communicate well.
(c) Because it was an ongoing paradox.
(d) Because she did not have all of her senses.
15. What was the first book Helen read from?
(a) Reader for Beginners.
(b) Beginning Readers.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
2. What subject did Helen not like?
3. Which genre best describes this novel?
4. What animal does Helen drag home?
5. How can one tell that Helen enjoyed spelling out sentences with Anne?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)