Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
(a) There were so many things to keep her mind and fingers busy.
(b) She was terrified of leaving her home and seeing the doctor.
(c) Her mother and father gave into all of her desires and whims.
(d) Her parents gave her some medication to keep her calm.
2. In what way did Helen show a normal child's natural fascination?
(a) She wanted to have her questions answered right away.
(b) She wanted to do things herself.
(c) She wanted to figure out things on her own without her teacher's help.
(d) She wanted to explore and learn about the miracles around her.
3. What did Helen compare the trip she took to?
(a) A great adventure.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) An unveiling.
(d) A bible story.
4. Which of the following literary terms did Anne use to help Helen with her learning about nature and life?
5. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(b) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
(c) Playing and laughing together outside.
(d) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
6. Why weren't many people near where Helen lived aware of resources for the blind and deaf?
(a) The town was so far away from any school for the blind and deaf.
(b) Those who were blind and/or deaf were not premitted to attend schools.
(c) No such schools existed within the state at this time.
(d) There were no others in the town who were blind or deaf.
7. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
(a) A canary.
(b) A brand new doll.
(c) A cat.
(d) A new book.
8. Who cared for the canary?
(a) Helen's mother.
9. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
10. What caused Helen to get scared while she was on vacation with Anne?
(a) She got lost and couldn't find Anne.
(b) A crab pinched her feet.
(c) She tripped over a rock and hurt herself.
(d) A wave pulled her under water.
11. What was Sullivan trying to teach Helen the difference between when Helen became extremely frustrated?
(a) Pump and flower.
(b) Knife and fork.
(c) Mug and water.
(d) Doll and book.
12. What season is it when Helen and her family travel for their vacation?
13. What was Helen most interested in that she visited while on her trip?
(b) Bunker Hill.
(c) Plymouth Rock.
14. Where did Anne and Helen often take walks?
(a) By the Tennessee river.
(b) To the fields with the animals.
(c) Into the town.
(d) Far into the meadow.
15. Why wasn't Mildred hurt?
(a) The cook pulled Helen away from Mildred.
(b) Mildred was able to defend herself.
(c) Helen regretted her actions soon enough.
(d) Her mother was there to catch her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Helen born?
2. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
3. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
4. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
5. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)