|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anne do to help Helen get over her writer's block?
(a) Told her to write the story of her life.
(b) Had her write a poem.
(c) Had her write a letter of apology
(d) Had her write in a personal journal.
2. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) No one.
3. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
(a) Appropriate tense and language cues for English language.
(b) Body language of the people who were around her.
(c) The words and figures of speech people used in speaking to each other.
(d) Inflections and suggestions she could not see.
4. How did Helen first begin to show she could read the words presented to her by Anne?
(a) She would fingerspell the object Anne gave her.
(b) She would give the appropriate card to Anne.
(c) She would attach the correct word to the object.
(d) She would go and find the object on the card.
5. What was Anne sent to do with Helen?
(a) Babysit her.
(b) Watch her.
(c) Discipline her.
(d) Teach her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the storm, what was it a long time before Helen did again?
2. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
3. What did Helen ask Anne about the ocean?
4. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
5. When Helen took the exams to enter Radcliffe College what subjects did she earn honors in?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)