|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the storm, what was it a long time before Helen did again?
(a) Felt a storm.
(b) Ate with her teacher.
(c) Climbed a tree.
(d) Went outside.
2. What started the conflict between Mr. Gilman and Miss Sullivan?
(a) He felt Helen was working to hard.
(b) He felt Anne was giving Helen answers.
(c) He felt Anne was not supporting Helen enough.
(d) He felt Helen was mistreating Anne.
3. Why might nature seem to be more menacing to Helen?
(a) Because she didn't understand its laws.
(b) Because it was an ongoing paradox.
(c) Because she did not have all of her senses.
(d) Because she was unable to communicate well.
4. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
(a) Participate in conversations.
(b) Understand language.
(c) Think critically.
(d) Initiate conversation.
5. What did daily immersion in language allow Helen to do?
(a) Make cognitive leaps and function at a higher level.
(b) Participate in more conversations.
(c) Keep busy and away from throwing tantrums.
(d) Become more of an active participant in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
2. What caused Helen to get scared while she was on vacation with Anne?
3. Who is Sarah Fuller?
4. What was the name of the original story?
5. What subject was Helen able to learn about while on her trip?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)