|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Learning these finger spellings could be said to be what for Helen?
(a) A bridge to the world.
(b) A simple pattern of effort.
(c) The end to a long road.
(d) A period of great learning.
2. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
3. In what area did Helen have a lot of catching up to do?
4. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
(a) Learning the names for people close to her and names of things in her surroundings.
(b) Playing and laughing together outside.
(c) Reviewing the manual alphabet.
(d) Turning on and off the pump and practicing spelling water.
5. What happened while Helen, Mildred and Anne were in the woods?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They found a stream and played in it.
(c) They found some baby animals.
(d) They watched/felt trains go by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen acquaint beauty and music with?
2. In what year was this novel first published?
3. What did Helen want to learn in the spring of 1890?
4. What subjects did Helen take to prepare her for college?
5. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)