|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astounded Helen when she woke up Christmas morning?
(a) She had a gift from Anne.
(b) She was the first person awake.
(c) She has presents herself.
(d) She found presents everywhere.
2. Where did most of Helen's reading and studying take place?
(c) Dining room.
3. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
(a) She hated helping in the kitchen.
(b) She had a few chores she had to do.
(c) She was jealous of her little sister.
(d) She felt loved by her parents.
4. Where would Helen sit to be splashed by the waves?
(a) On the sand.
(b) On a large rock.
(c) Where the waves broke in the water.
(d) In a beach chair.
5. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) She could not use them fast enough.
(b) Enough people did not understand them.
(c) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
(d) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first abstract term Helen learned to understand?
2. What did Helen name her canary?
3. Which of the following is an example of a word game that Anne invented and played with Helen?
4. What causes Helen's feelings of pain for the other students to pass quickly?
5. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)