|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) Using the manual alphabet.
(b) Using Helen's made up signs.
(c) With dolls and other manipulatives.
(d) With tools and her own creations.
2. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
(a) Her most exciting Christmas.
(b) Her favorite Christmas.
(c) Her first real Christmas.
(d) Her best Christmas.
3. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
(b) Her size and weight increased.
(c) Her desire to express herself grew.
(d) She was out of the house more often.
4. In what year was Helen born?
5. Who else in Helen's family seemed to be verbally gifted?
(a) Her half-brothers.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
2. What about Helen's temperament served her well to help her overcome obstacles?
3. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
4. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
5. At what age did Helen say her first word?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)