|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen's family become acquainted with the Perkins Institute?
(a) Through the eye doctor in Baltimore.
(b) Through Dr. Bell.
(c) Through Helen's mother's reading.
(d) Through Anne Sullivan.
2. In what year was Helen born?
3. Why was Helen's small vocabulary of signs not enough?
(a) Many people thought they were inappropriate.
(b) She could not use them fast enough.
(c) She grew and so did her need to express herself.
(d) Enough people did not understand them.
4. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
(a) Her nurse.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) No one.
5. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Helen see herself as fortunate in terms of her family?
2. Which of the following is not true about Helen?
3. Which genre best describes this novel?
4. What was Sullivan trying to teach Helen the difference between when Helen became extremely frustrated?
5. What character does Helen indicate she was very jealous of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)