|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Anne Sullivan come to teach Helen?
2. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
3. Which of the following best describes Helen's relationship with Martha as they played together?
4. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her nurse.
(c) No one.
(d) Her father.
5. Why weren't many people near where Helen lived aware of resources for the blind and deaf?
(a) No such schools existed within the state at this time.
(b) There were no others in the town who were blind or deaf.
(c) The town was so far away from any school for the blind and deaf.
(d) Those who were blind and/or deaf were not premitted to attend schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Anne Sullivan arrive at Ivy Green to work with Helen?
2. Helen's account of learning to make the connection between the spellings and objects is a snapshot of what?
3. What biblical feature does Helen equate Anne Sullivan with?
4. For how many years did Helen live in isolation?
5. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)