|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen need to learn about the spellings Annie was completing in her hand?
(a) That it was one object.
(b) That she had to pay attention to Annie.
(c) That they were the names of things.
(d) That the letters all went together.
2. Learning these finger spellings could be said to be what for Helen?
(a) A period of great learning.
(b) The end to a long road.
(c) A bridge to the world.
(d) A simple pattern of effort.
3. Why didn't Helen have any fits of temper while she was with her parents on the trip to see the eye doctor?
(a) There were so many things to keep her mind and fingers busy.
(b) Her mother and father gave into all of her desires and whims.
(c) Her parents gave her some medication to keep her calm.
(d) She was terrified of leaving her home and seeing the doctor.
4. For how many years did Helen live in isolation?
5. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Anne Sullivan arrive at Ivy Green to work with Helen?
2. Where was the Perkins Institute located?
3. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
4. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
5. How did Helen and Anne spend he rest of the day after Helen made the connection between the finger spelling and objects?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)