|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sullivan take Helen outside?
(a) To trying using objects from the outdoors.
(b) To change the scenery and mood.
(c) To cool Helen's temper and give herself a break.
(d) To remove her from an interfering family.
2. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
(a) Her size and weight increased.
(b) Her desire to express herself grew.
(c) Her parents began to tell her no more regularly.
(d) She was out of the house more often.
3. What did Helen break when she was raging in trying to learn the difference between mug and water?
(a) A new doll.
(b) Sullivan's glasses.
(c) The water pump.
(d) Mildred's new cradle.
4. What does Helen indicate Sullivan's arrival freed her from?
5. Why wasn't Mildred hurt?
(a) The cook pulled Helen away from Mildred.
(b) Mildred was able to defend herself.
(c) Helen regretted her actions soon enough.
(d) Her mother was there to catch her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why weren't many people near where Helen lived aware of resources for the blind and deaf?
2. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
3. Which of the following best describes Helen's sense when she first makes the connection that the spellings are the names of things?
4. What was Sullivan trying to teach Helen the difference between when Helen became extremely frustrated?
5. Who best understood Helen's first limited sign language?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)