|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method did Anne use in teaching Helen?
(a) A prescribed curriculum.
(b) Following her interests.
(c) The same as that her siblings followed.
(d) Beginning with language.
2. What did Helen's patrons in London and Philadelphia work to have done for Helen?
(a) Another interpreter besides Anne.
(b) Exams translated.
(c) Textbooks embossed in raised print.
(d) Girls her own age who learned fingerspelling.
3. How does Helen describe this Christmas?
(a) Her most exciting Christmas.
(b) Her favorite Christmas.
(c) Her first real Christmas.
(d) Her best Christmas.
4. What did Helen indicate she did not know about Pilgrims at the time?
(a) That they persecuted others.
(b) That they traveled for religious freedom.
(c) That they did not land every where.
(d) That they came from another country.
5. What subject did Mr. Gilman, the principal, take over instructing Helen in?
(d) English literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
2. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
3. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
4. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
5. What does Helen love to immerse herself in?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)