|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ragnhild Kaata?
(a) A teacher who could help her learn to talk.
(b) A deaf and blind girl who learned to talk.
(c) Principal of the Horace Mann School for the Deaf.
(d) A deaf girl who learned to talk.
2. What did daily immersion in language allow Helen to do?
(a) Participate in more conversations.
(b) Make cognitive leaps and function at a higher level.
(c) Keep busy and away from throwing tantrums.
(d) Become more of an active participant in the family.
3. What was Helen doing when her next big step came?
(a) Taking a walk with Anne.
(b) Trying to solve a problem.
(c) Going through the store.
(d) Sitting in a tree.
4. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) With dolls and other manipulatives.
(b) Using the manual alphabet.
(c) With tools and her own creations.
(d) Using Helen's made up signs.
5. How did Anne Sullivan believe that normal children learned language?
(a) Being exposed to it constantly.
(b) Watching it happen before them.
(c) Having it specifically taught to them.
(d) Engaging in it at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen learn to talk?
2. What abstract term did it take a very long time for Helen to understand?
3. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
4. What was Helen doing when Anne tapped her forehead and spelled think?
5. Who did the eye doctor recommend that Helen's parents contact?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)