|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen learn to talk?
(a) She made noises and the teacher corrected her mouth and tongue positions with her hands.
(b) She held her hand on Fuller's throat and felt the vibrations.
(c) She felt the positions of Fuller's tongue and lips as she made sounds.
(d) She read the words while the teacher fingerspelled how to make the words.
2. Which of the following is an example of a word game that Anne invented and played with Helen?
(a) What time is it?
(b) How high is that?
(c) Where's your nose?
(d) When did that happen?
3. How did Anne speak to Helen constantly?
(a) Using Helen's made up signs.
(b) With tools and her own creations.
(c) Using the manual alphabet.
(d) With dolls and other manipulatives.
4. What did Helen's aunt make for her?
(a) A cane made out of jewels.
(b) A doll made out of towels.
(c) A necklace made out beads.
(d) A new dress for her trip to the doctor.
5. Where did Helen's parents take her to see a famous eye doctor?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cared for the canary?
2. What did it take Helen a long time to be able to do?
3. What caused Helen's tantrums to increase in severity?
4. What was Helen's favorite Christmas present?
5. What did Anne use the manual alphabet to help Helen learn?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)