1. Which genre best describes this novel?
(c) Historical fiction.
2. How old was Helen when she wrote this novel?
3. In what year was this novel first published?
4. How old was Helen when she became blind and deaf?
5. In what state was Helen born?
(d) New York.
6. In what year was Helen born?
7. Which of the following best describes Helen's first nineteen months of life?
8. What took Helen's sight and hearing?
9. In what way does Helen see herself as fortunate in terms of her family?
(a) Her family did not abadon her when she became ill.
(b) Her mother gave up work to take care of Helen.
(c) Her parents had good connections and kept reading.
(d) Her father died in the war trying to protecte Helen.
10. What about Helen's temperament served her well to help her overcome obstacles?
(a) Her instant anger.
(b) Her self-absorbed nature.
(c) Her pleasing nature.
(d) Her persistence.
This section contains 4,572 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)