|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rondal find at Carrie's tent?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An Italian woman.
(c) A union organizer from Europe.
(d) A German woman.
2. When does Carrie start feeling panic?
(a) When she sees clouds of gas.
(b) When she hears explosions.
(c) When she hears machine guns.
(d) After Rondal leaves.
3. What does Rondal do about the press when he goes to work an area?
(a) Lets them go down into the mines to see the conditions.
(b) Notifies them ahead of time.
(c) Gives them false information about where he plans to work.
(d) Tells them lies about the bosses.
4. For whom are the miners cheering?
(c) The mining camp.
(d) No one.
5. What does Rosa say about her sons?
(a) They have damaged hearing.
(b) They are shell shocked.
(c) They have an incurable illness.
(d) They have good hearing.
6. What does Rondal's mother do when he tries to talk with her?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Reassures him.
(c) Sobs hysterically.
(d) Hurls accusations.
7. What does Talcott do that makes the police tackle him?
(a) Shoots the ball out of the air.
(b) Trips up the other team's player who is running the bases.
(c) Moons the spectators.
(d) Smashes the ump in the face.
8. How does Talcott use his military training?
(a) To infiltrate union meetins.
(b) To fight scabs.
(c) To infiltrate management meetings.
(d) To drill miners.
9. Who is Dr. Booker?
(a) Carrie's employer.
(b) A minister.
(c) A con artist.
(d) A dentist.
10. What happens to the Davidson mine?
(a) A cave in.
(b) An explosion.
(c) It is shut down by strikes.
(d) It is shut by the Feds for illegal practices.
11. What does Albion make as a hobby?
(b) Fruit cakes.
(c) Stain glass windows.
12. What often happens to the food items sent by the unions?
(a) They are spoiled.
(b) They are poisoned.
(c) They are confiscated.
(d) They are distributed unfairly.
13. About what does Dr. Booker tell Carrie that she is right?
(a) To not support the miners building bombs.
(b) That this march will probably not do any good.
(c) Not telling Rondal that she is pregnant.
(d) To leave and go back to Homeplace immediately since she is pregnant.
14. What does Carrie do to earn money?
(b) Cleaning rich women's homes.
15. What is on the train that Carrie rides to Davidson?
(a) Breathing masks.
(d) Injuried men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away do miners come in to support the marching workers?
2. Why is Rondal working in a sawmill?
3. What do Rondal, Carrie, and Dr. Booker learn when they arrive at Blair Mountain?
4. How do the police and gun thugs protect themselves?
5. What story does Rondal tell a black church congregation?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)