|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Talcott use his military training?
(a) To fight scabs.
(b) To infiltrate management meetings.
(c) To infiltrate union meetins.
(d) To drill miners.
2. What is Dr. Booker ordered to do?
(a) Leave Justice County.
(b) Leave West Virginia.
(c) Testify against Rondal.
(d) Testify against Rosa's brother.
3. What does Roldal help a woman do who lost all her sons?
(a) Have an artist sketch pictures of her sons before they are buried.
(c) Break glass jars with butterfly specimens.
(d) Write a letter to the President of the United States.
4. Where do the miners expect trouble?
(a) They expect it in Justice county.
(b) They expect it all along the way.
(c) In Sheriff Don Chafin's county.
(d) They do not expect trouble since they have preached pacifism.
5. What happens between Rondal and Carrie while Rondal is at the Homeplace?
(a) They hatch a plan to save the union.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They fight and decide not to talk about unions anymore.
(d) They decide not to meet again.
6. What does Carrie say when Albion asks her if he remembers them joking about marriage?
(a) She would never marry anyone.
(b) She doesn't remember that.
(c) She still expects that to happen.
(d) They were young and silly.
7. How far away do miners come in to support the marching workers?
(b) New York.
8. About what is Rondal and Carrie's conversation the night before the upcoming fight?
(a) Carrie's pregnancy.
(c) Rondal's ideal world.
(d) Carrie's imminent death by cancer.
9. What does Carrie agree to do?
(a) Take Lytton a letter from Rondal.
(b) Leave Albion.
(c) Help convince Albion to stop his work for a union.
(d) Serve as a messenger.
10. Where does Rondal go after the accident?
(b) Justice County.
(c) Hazard County.
11. Who will help get Rosa into the state hospital?
(b) Rosa's surviving son.
(c) Rosa's husband.
(d) Rosa's daughter-in-law.
12. What does Carrie not tell Rondal?
(a) That she is leaving him.
(b) Why she is ill.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That Rondal is marked for execution.
13. Where does Rondal go?
(a) To the courthouse in Justice County.
(b) To fight with the miners.
(c) To Washington, D. C.
(d) He stays with Carrie.
14. Where do thousands of miners and their families live throughout the summer?
(a) Out in the open air.
(b) In tents.
(c) In large barracks set up by the government.
(d) In other people's homes who take them in.
15. Where does Albion say he wants to go?
(a) Wayne County.
(c) Justice County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the train that Carrie rides to Davidson?
2. What does Carrie agree Albion can do?
3. What kind of job does Albion have when he returns to Homeplace?
4. Who is playing at a dance Carrie attends with Albion?
5. Where do Rondal, Carrie and Dr. Booker go?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)