|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what county do Rondal, Carrie and Dr. Booker have to pass?
(a) Logan county.
(b) Lester Country.
(c) Hazard County.
(d) Mission County.
2. Who does Rondal find at Carrie's tent?
(a) A union organizer from Europe.
(b) A German woman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) An Italian woman.
3. Why is Rondal working in a sawmill?
(a) He wants to lay low for awhile.
(b) Organizing has been suspended due to the war.
(c) He has decided to become a carpenter.
(d) He can no longer get hired in any mine.
4. Who does Isom want to marry?
(a) No one.
5. Where does Rondal go?
(a) He stays with Carrie.
(b) To fight with the miners.
(c) To the courthouse in Justice County.
(d) To Washington, D. C.
6. Who do the miners shoot at occasionally?
(b) No one.
(c) The mine's bosses.
7. What often happens to the food items sent by the unions?
(a) They are confiscated.
(b) They are poisoned.
(c) They are distributed unfairly.
(d) They are spoiled.
8. What does Albion tell Carrie as they are dancing?
(a) He needs to go to the car to get his wine.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He forgot something at home.
(d) He needs to go visit someone.
9. Who has been building bombs?
(a) The Army.
(b) The miners.
(c) Chafin's forces.
(d) No one.
10. What does Rondal say is needed by the union?
(b) Legal recognition.
(c) More participants.
11. Where does Albion live near Homeplace?
(a) A small farm.
(b) At the boarding house.
(c) Above a restaurant.
(d) In town.
12. What is Talcott's sentence?
(a) One year, reduced to two months.
(b) Ten years, reduced to one year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
13. What does Carrie decide to do?
(a) Rejoin the fight to establish unions.
(b) Go out West with Dr. Booker.
(c) Go to Alaska with Rondal.
(d) Marry her childhood sweetheart.
14. When does Carrie start feeling panic?
(a) When she sees clouds of gas.
(b) When she hears machine guns.
(c) When she hears explosions.
(d) After Rondal leaves.
15. What does Carrie do to earn money?
(b) Cleaning rich women's homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Albion say he wants to go?
2. Where do the miners expect trouble?
3. What does Roldal help a woman do who lost all her sons?
4. What kind of job does Albion have when he returns to Homeplace?
5. How does C.J. want to keep the workers from feeling united?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)