|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Talcott compare the fighting?
(a) Trench fighting in WWI.
(c) Fighting among gangs in New York.
(d) A holocaust.
2. What does Rosa say about her sons?
(a) They have damaged hearing.
(b) They have an incurable illness.
(c) They are shell shocked.
(d) They have good hearing.
3. What does Albion make as a hobby?
(b) Fruit cakes.
(d) Stain glass windows.
4. Where do Carrie and Albion marry?
(b) Wst Virginia.
(d) The Homeplace.
5. Where does Albion live near Homeplace?
(a) At the boarding house.
(b) Above a restaurant.
(c) A small farm.
(d) In town.
6. With what are Carrie and Rondal occupied in Charleston?
(a) Preparing for the continued struggle for unions.
(b) Fighting to keep Rondal out of jail.
(c) Fighting legal battles for unions.
(d) Preparing for Carrie's first child to be born.
7. Who do the miners shoot at occasionally?
(a) The mine's bosses.
(b) No one.
8. Why does Carrie go to the schoolhouse?
(a) To wait for casualties.
(b) To set up a place for the men to eat and rest.
(c) To meet with the union bosses and Rondal.
(d) To protect the children.
9. What does Rondal say about Albion when he has lunch with Carrie?
(a) That Albion is in danger of being murdered.
(b) That Albioin is not being up front.
(c) The Albion and Rondal could work together.
(d) That Albion is barking up the wrong tree.
10. Where do Rondal, Carrie and Dr. Booker go?
(a) To Justice County.
(b) To a funeral for a slain organizer.
(c) To meet with their union lawyer.
(d) To appeal to the State Supreme Court.
11. Where does Rondal go after the accident?
(a) Hazard County.
(c) Justice County.
12. What does Rondal say is needed by the union?
(c) More participants.
(d) Legal recognition.
13. What is Dr. Booker ordered to do?
(a) Leave Justice County.
(b) Testify against Rosa's brother.
(c) Testify against Rondal.
(d) Leave West Virginia.
14. What do Carrie and Rondal do in the middle of the night?
(a) Leave Homeplace for Charleston.
(b) Steal miners' records.
(c) Sabotage a mining office.
15. What does Rondal do about the press when he goes to work an area?
(a) Tells them lies about the bosses.
(b) Gives them false information about where he plans to work.
(c) Notifies them ahead of time.
(d) Lets them go down into the mines to see the conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is declared in the tent city?
2. Why are Rondal, Carrie and Dr. Booker going where they are headed?
3. What does Carrie do at breakfast the morning of the march?
4. About what does Dr. Booker tell Carrie that she is right?
5. What do the miners commandeer?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)