|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie agree Albion can do?
(a) Take her to church.
(b) Make her a jewelry box.
(c) Come to see her on Friday.
(d) Put a stain glass window in her house.
2. What do the night gun thugs do to Talcott's home?
(a) Burns it down.
(b) Paints it with graffiti.
(c) Breaks all the windows.
(d) Break all the furniture.
3. Who do the miners shoot at occasionally?
(c) The mine's bosses.
(d) No one.
4. What is declared in the tent city?
(a) That all unemployed miners must vacate the area.
(b) That miners must register to stay in the tent city.
(c) Martial law.
(d) That Rondal is under sentence of death for murder.
5. What does Carrie do at breakfast the morning of the march?
(a) Change her mind about accompanying them.
(b) Pass out.
6. Why is Rondal working in a sawmill?
(a) Organizing has been suspended due to the war.
(b) He has decided to become a carpenter.
(c) He wants to lay low for awhile.
(d) He can no longer get hired in any mine.
7. What does Lytton Davidson lament?
(a) The loss of income.
(b) Having to train new miners.
(c) The fines he has to pay.
(d) The loss of his ball team.
8. Where do Rondal, Carrie and Dr. Booker go?
(a) To meet with their union lawyer.
(b) To appeal to the State Supreme Court.
(c) To Justice County.
(d) To a funeral for a slain organizer.
9. Where does Albion live near Homeplace?
(a) In town.
(b) A small farm.
(c) At the boarding house.
(d) Above a restaurant.
10. When does Carrie start feeling panic?
(a) When she hears explosions.
(b) When she sees clouds of gas.
(c) After Rondal leaves.
(d) When she hears machine guns.
11. What does Albion ask Carrie concerning her mood?
(a) If she is missing someone.
(b) If she is drunk.
(c) If she is pregnant.
(d) If she could love him.
12. Who is constantly rude to Pricie?
(a) Talcott's mother.
(c) Rosa's mother.
13. What does Rondal say about Albion when he has lunch with Carrie?
(a) The Albion and Rondal could work together.
(b) That Albion is barking up the wrong tree.
(c) That Albioin is not being up front.
(d) That Albion is in danger of being murdered.
14. What does Carrie decide to do?
(a) Go to Alaska with Rondal.
(b) Marry her childhood sweetheart.
(c) Go out West with Dr. Booker.
(d) Rejoin the fight to establish unions.
15. What does Carrie agree to do?
(a) Take Lytton a letter from Rondal.
(b) Help convince Albion to stop his work for a union.
(c) Leave Albion.
(d) Serve as a messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Davidson mine?
2. What is Talcott's sentence?
3. What does Carrie not tell Rondal?
4. What does Rondal's mother do when he tries to talk with her?
5. What does Carrie say when Albion asks her if he remembers them joking about marriage?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)