|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosa live during her childhood?
(d) New York.
2. How long does it take the men to put out another issue of the Annadel Free Press following the event of question # 76?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Where has Rondal moved?
(a) Front Royal, Virginia.
(b) Ludlow, Colorado.
(c) DuBois, Pennsylvania.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
4. What is C.J.'s relationship with his grandfather like?
(c) Very close.
(d) Distant he lives in another state.
5. Why does Miles join an Episcopal Church?
(a) The priest is a friend of his.
(b) He was converted.
(c) His wife is Episcopal.
(d) To make social contacts.
6. What does Aunt Becka tell Carrie about the animals in the barn and Christmas?
(a) The animals don't pay any attention to Christmas.
(b) Her Aunt Becka never said anything about animals and Christmas.
(c) The animals pay homage to Jesus.
(d) The animals get sleepy on Christmas Eve.
7. What do the railroad companies claim about the answer in question #3?
(a) They have more rights then private citizens.
(b) They need the laborers to lay track.
(c) They can put their tracks wherever they need them.
(d) The have legal ownership.
8. To what does the word snake refer when Clabe uses it when pointing at his paycheck?
(a) It indicates he made no money.
(b) It means he pays too much in taxes.
(c) It shows him the up and downs of his piece work.
(d) It doesn't mean anything, it is a joke.
9. What does Miles tell Carrie about Lloyd?
(a) He has been discovered to be an organizer.
(b) He is working under a false name.
(c) He is married.
(d) He has two children.
10. Where does Talcott work?
(a) In the drug store.
(b) He doesn't work yet, he is only sixteen.
(c) In the forest he is a logger.
(d) In the mines.
11. How does Ben feel about Carrie's sister, Flora?
(a) She angers him.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He is romantically interested in her.
(d) He doesn't like her.
12. Of what activities is Isom fond?
(a) Drinking and gambling.
(b) Reading and astronomy.
(c) Chasing women and playing cribbage.
(d) Racing horses and hunting.
13. What do Carrie and Lloyd do after they go to dinner?
(a) Go to bed together.
(b) Talk all night.
(c) Get in an argument.
(d) Go to the clinic and work.
14. Why does C.J. send Rondal to talk to Dr. Booker?
(a) He sees that Rondal has an interest in science.
(b) He wants Rondal to meet Booker's daughter.
(c) He thinks there is something wrong with Rondal.
(d) He wants Booker to talk Rondal out of medical school.
15. What does Ben Honaker do for a living?
(b) Coal miner.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Rondal's mother want him in relation to Kerwin?
2. How many children does C.J. have of his own?
3. Where does Rondal go with C.J. when he visits?
4. What happens to C.J.'s grandfather?
5. What does the Annadel Political and Social Club primarily do?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)