|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does C.J. hear Rondal has now moved by the end of Chapter 10?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. For whom does Clabe go to work?
(a) He works in the general feed store.
(b) The coal mine company.
(c) He works in the gas station.
(d) For the farmer next door.
3. What does the Annadel Political and Social Club primarily do?
(a) Drink and debate.
(b) Organize unions.
(c) Back a presidential candidate.
(d) Run the town.
4. What does Carrie's Aunt Becka say about her that upsets her?
(a) That she is slow.
(b) That she is unattractive.
(c) That she is clumsy.
(d) That she will have to marry soon.
5. With whom does Rondal have a casual affair?
(a) Ruby Day.
(b) Doris Lightner.
(c) Carrie Bishop.
(d) Candy Ross.
6. What happens to C.J.'s grandfather?
(a) His legs are broken.
(b) He dies of a heart attack.
(c) He is moved to Virginia.
(d) He is murdered.
7. What does Carrie's brother Mike not like that upsets his father?
(b) Mining coal.
(c) Farming or hunting.
(d) Riding horses.
8. What type of rifle does C.J. prefer?
(a) A 16 gauge shotgun.
(b) The The Krag-Jorgensen rifle.
(c) A 30-30.
(d) The Remington 436.
9. What does Aunt Jane tell Carrie she must learn to do about family members?
(a) Not argue with them.
(b) Try to please them.
(c) Accept them for who they are.
(d) Not be like most members of the family.
10. With whom is Talcott in love?
(a) Ruby Day.
(b) Carrie Bishop.
(c) Pricie Justice.
(d) Doris Lightner.
11. What is the name of Carrie Bishop's family farm?
(a) Place of Peace.
12. Why is Dillon making a banjo?
(a) For his unborn niece or nephew.
(b) To sell for income.
(c) He has no particular reason.
(d) To enter it in a contest.
13. What is Rondal's mother's goal for Kerwin?
(a) She has no goal for him.
(b) To keep him out of the mines.
(c) That he become a mining engineer.
(d) That he wait until he is eighteen before working in the mines.
14. What do the Annadel Political and Social Club members sing when they are in jail?
(a) The Old Gray Goose.
(b) When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) John Brown's Body.
15. How does C.J. feel about Rondal's activities with coal miners?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the men to put out another issue of the Annadel Free Press following the event of question # 76?
2. What does Rondal recite one time from school when C.J. visits?
3. To what does the word snake refer when Clabe uses it when pointing at his paycheck?
4. Why does Lloyd Justice come to the clinic?
5. Why does Talcott save his money?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)