|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rondal's mother's goal for Kerwin?
(a) She has no goal for him.
(b) That he wait until he is eighteen before working in the mines.
(c) To keep him out of the mines.
(d) That he become a mining engineer.
2. Why don't the coal companies take Ermel's land?
(a) He has information which he uses to blackmail the company's owner.
(b) He is married to the company's president's daughter.
(c) He doesn't own a very big piece of land.
(d) There is no coal on it.
3. What does Ben Honaker do for a living?
(a) Coal miner.
4. What happens at the club one evening when they are debating the causes of World War I?
(a) Armed men burst into the room.
(b) A fire bomb is thrown in the window.
(c) Gunshots are fired through the window.
(d) C.J. has a heart attack.
5. What news does C.J. hear that makes him concerned for Rondal?
(a) That Rondal is missing.
(b) About the atrocities committed by the Baldwin-Felts guards.
(c) That the mine companies are looking for him.
(d) That Rondal has been arrested.
6. Why does Talcott save his money?
(a) He wants to help his mother.
(b) He wants to move to New York.
(c) He wants to marry.
(d) He wants to buy a car.
7. To where does Carrie invite Lloyd to dinner?
(a) To Miles' house.
(b) To her house.
(c) To her sister's hosue.
(d) To a restaurant in town.
8. Where did Rosa live during her childhood?
(c) New York.
9. What does Aunt Becka tell Carrie about the animals in the barn and Christmas?
(a) The animals pay homage to Jesus.
(b) The animals get sleepy on Christmas Eve.
(c) The animals don't pay any attention to Christmas.
(d) Her Aunt Becka never said anything about animals and Christmas.
10. What does Carrie do after Lloyd leaves town?
(a) Follows Lloyd.
(b) Quits working for the coal miners and opens a free clinic.
(d) Leaves town also and goes to Homeplace.
11. How long does it take the men to put out another issue of the Annadel Free Press following the event of question # 76?
(a) A year.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
12. With whom is Talcott in love?
(a) Pricie Justice.
(b) Ruby Day.
(c) Carrie Bishop.
(d) Doris Lightner.
13. Why do Talcott and Pricie elope?
(a) He gets more money as a married man.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) They don't want to spend the money on a wedding.
(d) Her father won't let her marry.
14. Why is Carrie upset with Lloyd?
(a) He didn't tell her his real name.
(b) He didn't tell her he won't love anyone.
(c) He is for unions.
(d) He didn't tell her he is a union organizer.
15. What do Dr. Booker and C.J. decide to start up together?
(a) A union hall.
(b) A home for single mothers.
(c) A socialist newspaper.
(d) A free clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Jane tell Carrie she must learn to do about family members?
2. What do the men in the Annadel Political and Social Club begin to collect?
3. What do Carrie and Lloyd do after they go to dinner?
4. What does Carrie's brother Mike not like that upsets his father?
5. Why does C.J. send Rondal to talk to Dr. Booker?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)