|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the coal companies take Ermel's land?
(a) He is married to the company's president's daughter.
(b) There is no coal on it.
(c) He has information which he uses to blackmail the company's owner.
(d) He doesn't own a very big piece of land.
2. What do the Annadel Political and Social Club members sing when they are in jail?
(a) John Brown's Body.
(b) The Old Gray Goose.
(c) When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
3. What does Carrie do after Lloyd leaves town?
(a) Follows Lloyd.
(b) Leaves town also and goes to Homeplace.
(c) Quits working for the coal miners and opens a free clinic.
4. How often, according to the company guards, is C.J. allowed to visit the Lloyd family?
(a) Anytime he wants.
(b) Only on the first and thrid Sundays.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week
5. For what does Clabe's family look when walking in the woods?
(b) Squirrels and opossums.
(c) Wild greens.
(d) Wild pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rondal's mother's goal for Kerwin?
2. What does Miles want to do when he finishes high school?
3. For whom does Clabe go to work?
4. Where does C.J. hear Rondal has now moved by the end of Chapter 10?
5. What has the company done with Clabe's family cemetery?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)