|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four through Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who severely injured Francesco?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His horse.
2. What do the railroad companies claim about the answer in question #3?
(a) They have more rights then private citizens.
(b) The have legal ownership.
(c) They can put their tracks wherever they need them.
(d) They need the laborers to lay track.
3. What does Carrie ask Mike to teach her?
(a) How to split logs.
(b) How to shoot a gun.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to milk a cow.
4. What does Clabe do on Saturday after work?
(a) Goes hunting.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Goes to town.
5. Why don't the coal companies take Ermel's land?
(a) There is no coal on it.
(b) He has information which he uses to blackmail the company's owner.
(c) He doesn't own a very big piece of land.
(d) He is married to the company's president's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dillon making a banjo?
2. How does Ermel's keeping his land affect his fortunes?
3. Where do C.J. and his grandmother go to live?
4. Who does C.J. marry in 1901?
5. Why does C.J. send Rondal to talk to Dr. Booker?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)