|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the creek on Clabe's family land?
(a) It has dried up.
(b) It was dammed and became a lake.
(c) It has become a small river from all the rainfall.
(d) It is polluted.
2. What is C.J.'s relationship with his grandfather like?
(a) Very close.
(c) Distant he lives in another state.
3. Who is fond of Carrie?
(a) Her brother's wife.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Her nieces and nephews.
4. What does C.J.'s grandfather tell C.J. about his name?
(a) It is difficult to spell.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is a family name.
(d) He was named after two great men.
5. What happens between Rondal and Carrie while Rondal is at the Homeplace?
(a) They hatch a plan to save the union.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They decide not to meet again.
(d) They fight and decide not to talk about unions anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rosa cry as a child?
2. Where does Rondal go after the accident?
3. What happens at the club one evening when they are debating the causes of World War I?
4. How does Ermel's keeping his land affect his fortunes?
5. What does Carrie's Aunt Becka say about her that upsets her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)