|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faizabad is the provincial capital and largest city in what province?
2. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 6, Mortenson traveled with his bookkeeper in the Wakhan to Baharak shortly after following the publication of an article from what publication, claiming an American soldier flushed the Koran down a toilet?
4. What does NGO stand for?
5. What did Greg Mortenson hire Sarfraz Khan to be for him in Part 1: Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had led to a flood of donations for CAI in Part 1: Chapter 5? What did the money afford them the ability to build?
2. What did Mortenson hire Sarfraz Khan as in Part 1: Chapter 4?
3. What was the impact of the Newsweek article in Part 1: Chapter 6? Where was Mortenson taken?
4. Where did Sarfraz Khan take Mortenson in Part 1: Chapter 2? Whom did they meet there?
5. Where in Afghanistan did Mortenson travel in the beginning of Part 1: Chapter 6?
6. How was Sandhar Khan's position on the opium trade described in Part 1: Chapter 5?
7. When and where did Mortenson meet Sarfraz Khan?
8. What information did Sarfraz Khan give to Mortenson when they met in Part 1: Chapter 2 about the region?
9. What important elements are introduced in Part 1: Chapters 1 and 2 regarding the setting of the narrative?
10. What events inspired the formation of CAI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Wahkan Corridor. What people live in this region? What are the religious and cultural viewpoints?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Sarfraz Khan. How was Safraz injured in the military? What was his childhood like?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the village of Zuudkhan and the Charpurson Valley. What natural resources are available to the people? What are the demographics and economy like?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)