|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how long of a journey was Sarfraz finally returned to Pakistan where he underwent surgery in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
2. After his surgery, Mortenson ordered Sarfraz to take how long off work in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) A month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz hired designers from where to design earthquake-proof schools?
(b) United States.
4. What term is prevalently used as an euphemism for civilian casualties of a military action?
(a) Deaths of innocents.
(b) Collateral damage.
(c) Commoners passing.
(d) Accidental mortality.
5. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
6. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
7. In what city did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi?
(b) Mazar-e Sharif.
8. What refers to the military border between the Indian- and Pakistani-controlled parts of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir?
(a) Defense Wall.
(b) Line of Control.
(c) Point of No Return.
(d) Hostility Line.
9. What is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and the Islamic month for fasting?
10. Kashmir lies in the area of collision of the Eurasian and what tectonic plates?
(a) Juan de Fuca.
11. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
12. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz convinced Mortenson and the CAI to help provide what to remote places and schools?
(b) Internet connections.
13. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's wife?
(a) Tara Bishop.
(b) Sara Mortenson.
(c) Tara Mortenson.
(d) Sara Darsney.
14. What is the capital of Pakistan?
15. In Part 3: Chapter 14, Mortenson was hoping to get to what village of the Kirghiz people for the first time?
(c) Bozai Gumbaz.
(d) Char Burj.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
2. What ex-Taliban member taught at the Government Boys' Degree High School?
3. What is a mountainous landlocked country in Central Asia bordered by Afghanistan to the south, Uzbekistan to the west, Kyrgyzstan to the north, and People's Republic of China to the east?
4. When did Mortenson suffer a panic attack in Part 2: Chapter 11?
5. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz continued to monitor the tent schools in Azad Kashmir as well as what other locations?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)