|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
2. What was the second most affected district by the Kashmir earthquake, accounting for 15% of the total casualties?
3. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz encouraged Mortenson to delay thinking about closing what?
(d) Tent schools.
4. In Part 2: Chapter 10, ____________ and his principal continued to teach out of tents in Patika, after growing weary of the promises of aid workers and government agents who failed to follow through?
5. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
(a) The Neelum Valley.
(b) The Pratikam Valley.
(c) The Anandatman Canyon.
(d) The Vedanta Canyon.
6. Where did Wakil Karimi grow up?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A refugee camp.
(c) A military base.
(d) A castle.
7. What insightful little girl informed Mortenson that the students were still traumatized by the earthquake and they wanted desks in the classroom in Part 2: Chapter 9?
8. After how long of a journey was Sarfraz finally returned to Pakistan where he underwent surgery in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 10 days.
9. Central Asia Institute was the first organization to rebuild earthquake resistant schools in Azad Kashmir when?
(a) September, 2002.
(b) April, 2000.
(c) May, 2003.
(d) November, 2006.
10. What is a 500 mile mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan?
(c) Hindu Kush.
11. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
12. What is the capital of Pakistan?
13. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Mortenson found himself obsessed with the activity in Pakistan until the night he realized his five year old son ___________.
(a) Knew subtraction.
(b) Could read.
(c) Was sick.
(d) Was good at baseball.
14. On what date did Sarfraz enter Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
(a) June 8, 2003.
(b) August 28, 2002.
(c) October 15, 2005.
(d) March 11, 2006.
15. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after returning home from the hospital was Sarfraz back in Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 10?
2. What was the magnitude of the Kashmir earthquake?
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's wife?
4. What ex-Taliban member taught at the Government Boys' Degree High School?
5. When did the Partition of India take place?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)