|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
(a) Broken foot.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Abscessed gall bladder and liver.
2. What is a 500 mile mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan?
(c) Hindu Kush.
3. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
4. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
5. In Part 3: Chapter 14, Mortenson was hoping to get to what village of the Kirghiz people for the first time?
(b) Char Burj.
(c) Bozai Gumbaz.
6. How many provinces make up Afghanistan?
7. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz continued to monitor the tent schools in Azad Kashmir as well as what other locations?
(a) Pakistan and the Simin.
(b) Tajikistan and the Behnam.
(c) Afghanistan and the Wakhan.
(d) Afghanistan and the Behnam.
8. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
9. What term is prevalently used as an euphemism for civilian casualties of a military action?
(a) Accidental mortality.
(b) Collateral damage.
(c) Deaths of innocents.
(d) Commoners passing.
10. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz hired designers from where to design earthquake-proof schools?
(c) United States.
11. What is a Sanskrit title for a "great king" or "high king"?
12. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Mortenson got the approval for Sarfraz to build how many earthquake proof schools in Azad Kashmir?
13. When did Mortenson make a scathing speech at the Pentagon?
14. How many people in Afghanistan were reported killed by the Kashmir earthquake?
15. How long after returning home from the hospital was Sarfraz back in Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz convinced Mortenson and the CAI to help provide what to remote places and schools?
2. What refers to the military border between the Indian- and Pakistani-controlled parts of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir?
3. On what date did Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visit the school at Patika in Part 2: Chapter 11?
4. Who was in charge of foreign relief coordination after the Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan?
5. Kunar Province borders what province to the north?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)