|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
2. Azad Kashmir has an estimated population of how many?
(a) 11 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 4 million.
(d) 8 million.
3. Where was Greg Mortenson when he received word of the devastating earthquake in Pakistan?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Salt Lake City, UT.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) Dallas, Texas.
4. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. In what city did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi?
(b) Mazar-e Sharif.
6. In what village was the Government Boys' Degree High School located?
7. Before Mortenson and his team could complete the final leg of their journey in Part 3: Chapter 14, Mortenson learned that _________ wanted to have lunch with him in three days.
(a) The King of Pakistan.
(b) The Prime Minister of Pakistan.
(c) The Prime Minister of Afghanistan.
(d) The President of Pakistan.
8. What was the second most affected district by the Kashmir earthquake, accounting for 15% of the total casualties?
9. Kunar Province borders what province to the south?
(a) Samangan Province.
(b) Nangarhar Province.
(c) Kabul Province.
(d) Ghor Province.
10. What involves actions taken by the recognized government of a nation to contain or quell an insurgency taken up against it?
11. What is the capital of Pakistan?
12. Kunar Province borders what province to the north?
(a) Nangarhar Province.
(b) Zabul Province.
(c) Kandahar Province.
(d) Nuristan Province.
13. Approximately how many casualties were there from the Kashmir earthquake?
14. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Mortenson's daughter asked a simple question which led to CAI sending thousands of ___________ to Pakistani schools.
(c) Jump ropes.
15. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
(a) The Pratikam Valley.
(b) The Anandatman Canyon.
(c) The Neelum Valley.
(d) The Vedanta Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visit the school at Patika in Part 2: Chapter 11?
2. Where did Wakil Karimi grow up?
3. On what date did Sarfraz enter Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
4. What is a twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter?
5. What occupation did Wakil Karimi hold when Mortenson met him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)