|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
2. As part of his duties, Kolenda set out to calm the violence in the area not with force, but by engaging in ___________ with the village elders.
3. Kashmir lies in the area of collision of the Eurasian and what tectonic plates?
(d) Juan de Fuca.
4. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
(a) The Pratikam Valley.
(b) The Anandatman Canyon.
(c) The Vedanta Canyon.
(d) The Neelum Valley.
5. What was the second most affected district by the Kashmir earthquake, accounting for 15% of the total casualties?
6. What insightful little girl informed Mortenson that the students were still traumatized by the earthquake and they wanted desks in the classroom in Part 2: Chapter 9?
7. When did Mortenson receive an email from LTC Chris Kolenda in Part 3: Chapter 12?
(a) April, 2005.
(b) June, 2008.
(c) September, 2007.
(d) September, 2008.
8. Where was the first school in the Kunar Province completed in Part 3: Chapter 13?
9. What is the capital of Pakistan?
10. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz convinced Mortenson and the CAI to help provide what to remote places and schools?
(d) Internet connections.
11. Where was Greg Mortenson when he received word of the devastating earthquake in Pakistan?
(a) Salt Lake City, UT.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
12. What is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and the Islamic month for fasting?
13. On what date did Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visit the school at Patika in Part 2: Chapter 11?
(a) February 10, 2005.
(b) November 1, 2006.
(c) May 19, 2003.
(d) March 26, 2007.
14. Mortenson met Wakil Karimi in what year?
15. After his surgery, Mortenson ordered Sarfraz to take how long off work in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarfraz begin his tour of the areas impacted by the earthquake in Part 2: Chapter 7?
2. Where was LTC Chris Kolenda stationed when he wrote to Greg Mortenson?
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
4. In what city did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi?
5. On what date did Sarfraz enter Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)