|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
2. What is the second largest branch of Islam?
(a) Sunni Islam.
(b) Shukran Islam.
(c) Shia Islam.
(d) Sokkar Islam.
3. What refers to the military border between the Indian- and Pakistani-controlled parts of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir?
(a) Hostility Line.
(b) Defense Wall.
(c) Line of Control.
(d) Point of No Return.
4. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
5. Where did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapter 5, CAI had just received a flood of donations due to an article that appeared in what periodical?
2. What is the largest branch of Islam?
3. When was Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time first published?
4. What ex-Taliban member taught at the Government Boys' Degree High School?
5. What is the official name used by the U.S. government for the War in Afghanistan, together with a number of smaller military actions, under the umbrella of the global "War on Terror"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)