|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan begin?
2. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
3. Who was in charge of foreign relief coordination after the Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan?
(a) Major General Wohid Khan.
(b) Major General Sarfraz Khan.
(c) Major General Farrukh Seir.
(d) Major General Mohammad Najibullah.
4. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Mortenson found himself obsessed with the activity in Pakistan until the night he realized his five year old son ___________.
(a) Knew subtraction.
(b) Was sick.
(c) Could read.
(d) Was good at baseball.
5. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the headquarters of the Central Asia Institute?
2. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
4. What is the name of the remote mountainous section of Afghanistan where the Kirghiz people live?
5. After how long of a journey was Sarfraz finally returned to Pakistan where he underwent surgery in Part 2: Chapter 10?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)