|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young orphan who was talented at fixing cars did Mortenson want to help in Part 1: Chapter 5?
2. In Part 1: Chapter 5, CAI had just received a flood of donations due to an article that appeared in what periodical?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Parade Magazine.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Newsweek Magazine.
3. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
4. Where did Greg Mortenson serve in the U.S. Army after high school?
5. When was Pakistan struck by a major earthquake in the narrative?
(a) May 14, 1997.
(b) June 27, 2003.
(c) April 1, 2000.
(d) October 8, 2005.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the Hindko speaking community who belong to the Hazara region of Pakistan?
2. In 2007, what percent of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan?
3. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
4. What name refers to an Afghan freedom fighter?
5. Where did Mortenson spend his early childhood and adolescence?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)