|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time first published?
2. What young orphan who was talented at fixing cars did Mortenson want to help in Part 1: Chapter 5?
3. What is an international service-learning program sponsored by the Central Asia Institute that "helps educate American children about the world to show them they can make a difference one penny at a time"?
(a) It Makes Cents.
(b) Pennies for Peace.
(c) Cents for Change.
(d) All My Pennies.
4. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious?
5. Whose support would Mortenson have to gain in Badakshan in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) Haji Kamran.
(b) Mohammed Omar.
(c) Sadhar Khan.
(d) Nazo Tokhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
2. What is the name of the remote mountainous section of Afghanistan where the Kirghiz people live?
3. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan end?
4. What did Greg Mortenson hire Sarfraz Khan to be for him in Part 1: Chapter 4?
5. Where did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)