|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What minister of finance told Mortenson of Afghanistan's overwhelming need for money and the lack of funds received as promised from the American government in Part 1: Chapter 3?
(a) Mohammad Mustafa Mastoor.
(b) Dr. Suraya Dalil.
(c) Farooq Wardak.
(d) Dr. Ashraf Ghani.
2. What is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people from Afghanistan and Pakistan follow?
3. What village council or meeting must take place whenever a major decision is to be made within or for the people of a village in Afghanistan?
4. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
(a) The Dirty Dozen.
(b) The Great Eight.
(c) The Fab Five.
(d) The Live Five.
5. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarfraz was diligent about Mortenson's safety and would often hire and fire what on a whim?
2. When did Greg Mortenson attempt to climb K2, leading to events that would inspire CAI?
3. Whose support would Mortenson have to gain in Badakshan in Part 1: Chapter 4?
4. In the spring of 2005, Mortenson returned to Afghanistan to visit the newly finished school located in _________.
5. What does NGO stand for?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)