|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
2. What does the word "taliban" mean in Arabic?
3. What word, translated as "way" or "path" refers to the code of conduct or religious law of Islam?
4. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
(a) The Fab Five.
(b) The Live Five.
(c) The Dirty Dozen.
(d) The Great Eight.
5. What is an international service-learning program sponsored by the Central Asia Institute that "helps educate American children about the world to show them they can make a difference one penny at a time"?
(a) Pennies for Peace.
(b) Cents for Change.
(c) It Makes Cents.
(d) All My Pennies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
2. What river is formed by the junction of the Vakhsh and Panj rivers?
3. Where was Sarfraz Khan shot and permanently disfigured while in the military?
4. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
5. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)