|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an international service-learning program sponsored by the Central Asia Institute that "helps educate American children about the world to show them they can make a difference one penny at a time"?
(a) Cents for Change.
(b) Pennies for Peace.
(c) It Makes Cents.
(d) All My Pennies.
2. When were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda taken against the United States?
(a) September 11, 2001.
(b) December 31, 1999.
(c) July 4, 2000.
(d) October 31, 2000.
3. What does NGO stand for?
(a) National government operation.
(b) Normal government operations.
(c) Native governmental order.
(d) Non-governmental organization.
4. What village council or meeting must take place whenever a major decision is to be made within or for the people of a village in Afghanistan?
5. Where was Sarfraz Khan shot and permanently disfigured while in the military?
(a) His face.
(b) His hand.
(c) His spine.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
2. Where did Greg Mortenson earn a bachelor's degree in liberal studies and an associate's degree in nursing?
3. When did the Panjdeh Incident take place?
4. What is the highest of civil awards and decorations given by the Government of Pakistan for the highest degree of service to the country and nation of Pakistan?
5. What river is formed by the junction of the Vakhsh and Panj rivers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)