|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
2. What is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people from Afghanistan and Pakistan follow?
3. Whose support would Mortenson have to gain in Badakshan in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) Nazo Tokhi.
(b) Haji Kamran.
(c) Mohammed Omar.
(d) Sadhar Khan.
4. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
5. The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan was formed after the Saur Revolution which took place in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
2. When was Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time first published?
3. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
4. How old was Greg Mortenson when his family moved to Minnesota in the 1970s?
5. When did the fall of the communist Mohammad Najibullah-regime take place?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)