|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word, translated as "way" or "path" refers to the code of conduct or religious law of Islam?
2. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Helmut Reinhardt.
(c) Jean Hoerni.
(d) Hiroshi Fujikawa.
3. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
4. When did the Panjdeh Incident take place?
5. When did the fall of the communist Mohammad Najibullah-regime take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
2. Where did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
3. What does NGO stand for?
4. When were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda taken against the United States?
5. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan begin?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)