|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
(b) United States.
2. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Helmut Reinhardt.
(d) Hiroshi Fujikawa.
3. Where did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
4. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
(a) The Fab Five.
(b) The Live Five.
(c) The Dirty Dozen.
(d) The Great Eight.
5. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 29 weeks.
(d) 8 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peak elevation of K2?
2. Where did Mortenson spend his early childhood and adolescence?
3. What is an international service-learning program sponsored by the Central Asia Institute that "helps educate American children about the world to show them they can make a difference one penny at a time"?
4. How old was Greg Mortenson when his family moved to Minnesota in the 1970s?
5. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's sister, in whose memory he sought to climb K2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)