|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
(d) United States.
2. Where did Mortenson spend his early childhood and adolescence?
3. Where did Greg Mortenson serve in the U.S. Army after high school?
4. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
5. What pass between northern Pakistan and the Wakhan Corridor in Afghanistan is extremely remote and often closed off for six months or more during the winter due to heavy snows?
(a) The Irshad Pass.
(b) The Tagao Pass.
(c) The Gereshk Pass.
(d) The Darzab Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
2. When did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
3. What is the peak elevation of K2?
4. How old was Greg Mortenson when his family moved to Minnesota in the 1970s?
5. What is an international service-learning program sponsored by the Central Asia Institute that "helps educate American children about the world to show them they can make a difference one penny at a time"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)