|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the remote mountainous section of Afghanistan where the Kirghiz people live?
(a) The Pashtun Corridor.
(b) The Firishta Corridor.
(c) The Durrani Corridor.
(d) The Wakhan Corridor.
2. When did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
3. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
(d) United States.
4. Into what areas does CAI specialize in going into first to establish schools?
(a) Remote areas.
(b) War-torn regions.
(c) Hostile countries.
(d) Devestated areas.
5. When was Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mortenson spend his early childhood and adolescence?
2. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's sister, in whose memory he sought to climb K2?
4. What is the world's highest mountain?
5. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)