|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
2. What is the name given to one of Asia's two principal areas of illicit opium production, located at the crossroads of Central, South, and Western Asia?
(a) The Red Square.
(b) The Silver Wedge.
(c) The Brown Octogon.
(d) The Golden Crescent.
3. Kashmir lies in the area of collision of the Eurasian and what tectonic plates?
(d) Juan de Fuca.
4. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
5. What is the approximate population of Faizabad?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Mortenson got the approval for Sarfraz to build how many earthquake proof schools in Azad Kashmir?
2. From what village was Wakil Karimi?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 5, due to having just received a flood of donations, where was CAI able to agree to build a school to appease Sadhar?
4. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
5. What occupation did Wakil Karimi hold when Mortenson met him?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)