|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
2. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz convinced Mortenson and the CAI to help provide what to remote places and schools?
(b) Internet connections.
3. What young orphan who was talented at fixing cars did Mortenson want to help in Part 1: Chapter 5?
4. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 29 weeks.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz encouraged Mortenson to delay thinking about closing what?
(b) Tent schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the remote mountainous section of Afghanistan where the Kirghiz people live?
2. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's sister, in whose memory he sought to climb K2?
4. In 2007, what percent of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan?
5. When was the first school in the Kunar Province completed in Part 3: Chapter 13?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)