Part 1: Chapters 1-2
• In Part 1: Chapter 1, Greg Mortenson, a husband and father from Bozeman, Montana, co-founded and helps run the Central Asia Institute, a charity that builds schools in Pakistan.
• CAI specializes in going into remote areas first where most NGOs usually saturate more populated areas before moving into the more remote places.
• CAI does this to take education and hope to places that would not normally see it, such as villages so far from civilization.
• CAI was inspired by and begun in 1993 when Greg Mortenson failed in an attempt to reach the summit of K2 and became lost on his way back down the mountain.
• Mortenson ended up in a tiny village called Korphe where he was taken in and nursed back to health.
• While there, Mortenson learned of the village's need for a place to teach their children.
• Mortenson left after making a promise to return...
This section contains 2,457 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)