|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills himself unknowingly when trying to harm Kahlan?
2. Why does Richard kill thirty swordsmen?
3. Where is the driver taking Zedd and Addie?
4. What does Sister Liliana say is the purpose of the orb?
5. Why is Sister Verna stripped of her title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard do when he enters Hagan woods and what does he demand when sisters come to find him?
2. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
3. What does Richard announce once he is inside the palace?
4. What amazes Pasha about Richard in the woods and what does Richard do before they return to the palace?
5. Who does Kahlan meet in Aydindril, what does she ask and what does Kahlan tell her?
6. What does the Prelate tell Sister Verna?
7. What happens between Liliana and Richard in the woods?
8. What two wizards does Richard meet and how does he feel about them? What does Richard promise one of the wizards?
9. Who has taken over the Midlands council?
10. What does Kahlan do at the beginning of Chapter 38 concerning the Imperial Army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Verna tells Richard that the Creator hates lying, but Richard does not understand why it is acceptable to let people die when one lie could stop a war between two villages.
1. Do you believe that honesty is always the best way to deal with any situation? Why or why not? Use examples to support your opinion.
2. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where lying could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
3. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where being honest could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
Essay Topic 2
Richard is having a difficult time accepting his magic. Magic is a part of almost all fantasy books.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if he or she was able to use magic. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person do with magic? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If magic existed in the United States in the 21st. century what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Essay Topic 3
The reader will see as the story continues that there are Sisters of the Dark that have taken over a large portion of the Sisters of the Light in secret. The Sisters of the Light work for goodness for the Creator and the Sisters of the Dark work to help the Keeper of the Underworld.
1. There seems to be a sharp delineation between good and evil and dark and light in Stone of Tears. In terms of real life do you think this is realistic? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the concept that no one is all good or all bad. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Choose two characters in Stone of Tears one who seems to be mostly good and one mostly evil and compare and contrast their personalities, behaviors and morals.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)