|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the sisters at the Palace of the Prophets surprised?
2. Where does Kahlan go when the battle has been going on for a while?
3. How does a wizard have his collar released?
4. Who does Kahlan meet when she enters the Imperial Order's Army camp?
5. What does Darken Rahl offer Richard if Richard will free the Keeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kahlan do at the beginning of Chapter 38 concerning the Imperial Army?
2. What does the Prelate tell Richard about himself?
3. What happens to Richard, Warren, and Verna when he returns from the woods?
4. What does Sister Liliana tell Richard and what does Perry ask him?
5. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
6. What does the Imperial Army intend to do about the world and what do they do with Kahlan? What is her response?
7. How does Verna feel about what Richard did in the village of the Majendie and about what does she warn him?
8. What does Richard announce once he is inside the palace?
9. What does Richard do about the captive woman?
10. Who has taken over the Midlands council?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Though it is not a part of Stone of Tears, the readers are given enough information to learn that Richard was, up until a short time ago, a peasant in a small village. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think Richard has changed from who he was before he leaves his village to the Richard he is in Stone of Tears?
2. Why do you think Goodkind chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
3. How would the book have been different if Richard had been a prince?
4. How would the book have been different if the Seeker had been a female?
Essay Topic 2
Though many readers think of fantasy as solely entertainment, much can be learned from studying the themes of any fantasy novel. Discuss the following:
1. Discuss and analyze the theme of honor as it occurs throughout the book.
2. Discuss and analyze the theme of destiny as it occurs throughout the book.
3. Discuss and analyze the theme of courage as it occurs throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
The reader will see as the story continues that there are Sisters of the Dark that have taken over a large portion of the Sisters of the Light in secret. The Sisters of the Light work for goodness for the Creator and the Sisters of the Dark work to help the Keeper of the Underworld.
1. There seems to be a sharp delineation between good and evil and dark and light in Stone of Tears. In terms of real life do you think this is realistic? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the concept that no one is all good or all bad. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Choose two characters in Stone of Tears one who seems to be mostly good and one mostly evil and compare and contrast their personalities, behaviors and morals.
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)