|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wizard with the Imperial Order Army?
2. How does Richard know Liliana is taken by the keeper after Richard kills her?
3. What is Zedd outraged?
4. Why did the Galen soldiers take the other soldier prisoner?
5. On whose necklace does Richard remember seeing a tear-shaped stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Verna feel about what Richard did in the village of the Majendie and about what does she warn him?
2. How do some of the boys in the Galen army feel about Kahlan and what does she tell them?
3. What does the Imperial Army intend to do about the world and what do they do with Kahlan? What is her response?
4. What does the Prelate tell Sister Verna?
5. Why do some of the soldiers bring a boy to Kahlan and what does she do? How does he respond?
6. Describe the encounter between Richard and Darken Rahl in the Garden of Life at the end of the book?
7. What does Kahlan do at the beginning of Chapter 38 concerning the Imperial Army?
8. What does the Prelate tell Richard about himself?
9. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
10. Who does Kahlan find after being rescued and what does he say and do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Stone of Tears, it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more active, heroic, and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kahlan.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Sister Verna.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Addie.
Essay Topic 2
Though it is not a part of Stone of Tears, the readers are given enough information to learn that Richard was, up until a short time ago, a peasant in a small village. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think Richard has changed from who he was before he leaves his village to the Richard he is in Stone of Tears?
2. Why do you think Goodkind chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
3. How would the book have been different if Richard had been a prince?
4. How would the book have been different if the Seeker had been a female?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Stone of Tears.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)