|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie lives where she does?
2. Why does Richard wear the necklace he wears?
3. What is the horse Zedd and Addie are riding doing about the skirn?
4. What has happened to Kahlan's sister, Cyrilla?
5. What do Kahlan and Richard intend to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
2. What does Kahlan find when she follows the trail of the army that slaughtered so many?
3. What does Shota tell Richard about himself?
4. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
5. What happens when Richard calls forth the ancient spirits?
6. Where are Chase and Rachel while Richard is crossing the valley?
7. Where does Kahlan go when she leaves the Mud People and what happens to her sister?
8. What does Zedd take out of his pocket in Chapter 4 and what does he do with it?
9. How is Richard to handle with the lessons and what does Verna say about bringing him to the Palace?
10. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Stone of Tears, it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more active, heroic, and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kahlan.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Sister Verna.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Addie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Stone of Tears.
Essay Topic 3
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the land of the Valley of the Lost and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richard's life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyone's life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)