Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard refer to himself to Verna?
2. Who attacks Richard in Chapter 24?
3. What is the name of the black creature who attacked Zedd and Chase?
4. What do two Sisters in the Palace of the Prophets decide about Pasha Maes?
5. What was the person who first put a collar on Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some of the soldiers bring a boy to Kahlan and what does she do? How does he respond?
2. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
3. What does Zedd tell his two companions to do about the screeling?
4. Where are several sisters discussing Richard and what do they decide?
5. What does Sister Liliana tell Richard and what does Perry ask him?
6. Describe the encounter between Richard and Darken Rahl in the Garden of Life at the end of the book?
7. What does Kahlan do at the beginning of Chapter 38 concerning the Imperial Army?
8. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
9. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
10. How do some of the boys in the Galen army feel about Kahlan and what does she tell them?
Richard is having a difficult time accepting his magic. Magic is a part of almost all fantasy books.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if he or she was able to use magic. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person do with magic? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If magic existed in the United States in the 21st. century what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Verna tells Richard that the Creator hates lying, but Richard does not understand why it is acceptable to let people die when one lie could stop a war between two villages.
1. Do you believe that honesty is always the best way to deal with any situation? Why or why not? Use examples to support your opinion.
2. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where lying could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
3. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where being honest could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)