|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sickness does Addie have in Chapter 33?
2. Why has Zedd gone to Addie's house?
3. What does Jedidiah do to Sister Margret?
4. What did Zedd tell Chase to say to Richard about himself?
5. Who was following the army that massacred all those people in Kahlan sister's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kahlan find when she follows the trail of the army that slaughtered so many?
2. Who arrives at the Mud People and what do they intend to do? How do the Mud People feel about the two people?
3. Where are Chase and Rachel while Richard is crossing the valley?
4. What is Sister Margret doing in Chapter 20 and what happens with her?
5. What does Kahlan decide to do about the boys she's been following?
6. In Chapter 5, what does Margret see and what does Nathan say about it?
7. What does Zedd tell his two companions to do about the screeling?
8. Where does Kahlan go when she leaves the Mud People and what happens to her sister?
9. What does Zedd and Addie decide they must do about their problem?
10. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nathan tells Maragret to tell the Prelate that there is a pebble in the pond, although Maragret doesn't understand. The pebble in the pond is Richard, and the Prelate will explain to Richard that Richard causes waves that touch and move everything around them. The Prelate goes on to tell Richard that the trouble with being a pebble in the pond is that the pebble sinks.
1. What do you think a pebble in the pond might mean in terms of Midland's history? Use examples from Stone of Tears to support your answer. Also, give some examples of pebbles in the pond in the history of our world and why you think those examples are pebbles in a pond.
2. Do you think anyone can be a pebble in a pond? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Discuss the various ponds that exist in society, e.g. a town, a state, a country. Include in your discussion how a small "pond" might affect larger ones.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Stone of Tears.
Essay Topic 3
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)