|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shota tell Richard about his father?
2. Where are Chase and Rachel when Zedd and Addie are traveling?
3. What vision did Jebra have with Richard and a red coat?
4. What did Margret see about a Mother Confessor?
5. Who was the first person to put a collar on Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kahlan find when she follows the trail of the army that slaughtered so many?
2. What happens to Zedd and Addie as they are trying to decide what to do?
3. What does Richard see when trying to focus on the magic lesson Verna is giving him? What does he tell Verna about it?
4. What happens when the two remaining sisters come to offer Richard a collar?
5. Where does Kahlan go when she leaves the Mud People and what happens to her sister?
6. What attacks Richard and what does he do with it?
7. Why has Zedd gone to see Addie? Why does she live where she lives?
8. Describe the Valley of the Lost and who may cross it.
9. What do Zedd and Chase do about the screeling?
10. What do the three women who accost Richard say and what happens when he interacts with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sister Verna tells Richard that he is using his magic without realizing how he is using it and so he it is very dangerous. She demands to have his Sword of Truth which Richard always carries. He refuses but then decides that he will give it. Sister Verna tells him that by offering the sword he has earned the right to keep it.
1. Why do you think by Richard being willing to give up his sword Verna decided he had the right to keep it? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Explain in detail, some of the problems Richard has caused with his magic and how the situation could have been prevented had he more knowledge of himself. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Knowing what is known of Richard from this book, why do you think he changed his mind about giving up his sword? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Verna tells Richard that the Creator hates lying, but Richard does not understand why it is acceptable to let people die when one lie could stop a war between two villages.
1. Do you believe that honesty is always the best way to deal with any situation? Why or why not? Use examples to support your opinion.
2. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where lying could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
3. Discuss in depth three situations in The Stone of Tears where being honest could radically affect the outcome of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
Nathan tells Maragret to tell the Prelate that there is a pebble in the pond, although Maragret doesn't understand. The pebble in the pond is Richard, and the Prelate will explain to Richard that Richard causes waves that touch and move everything around them. The Prelate goes on to tell Richard that the trouble with being a pebble in the pond is that the pebble sinks.
1. What do you think a pebble in the pond might mean in terms of Midland's history? Use examples from Stone of Tears to support your answer. Also, give some examples of pebbles in the pond in the history of our world and why you think those examples are pebbles in a pond.
2. Do you think anyone can be a pebble in a pond? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Discuss the various ponds that exist in society, e.g. a town, a state, a country. Include in your discussion how a small "pond" might affect larger ones.
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)