|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verna think Richard needs to learn?
2. What does Kahlan think is the reason the sisters kill themselves or each other in front of Richard?
3. What does a Sister tell two wizards in the basement of the castle?
4. How are Chase and Rachel feeling about where they are in Chapter 35?
5. What did Jebra say about Richard's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Zedd and Addie in Chapter 57, what has happened to them and what will help them recover?
2. What is Sister Margret doing in Chapter 20 and what happens with her?
3. What does Shota tell Richard and Kahlan about the veil and what do they decide to do?
4. What happens to Zedd and Addie as they are trying to decide what to do?
5. What happens when Richard calls forth the ancient spirits?
6. What does Shota tell Richard about himself?
7. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
8. Where does the council put Kahlan and what does she do about it?
9. What does Richard tell Kahlan about why he won't wear a collar?
10. What does Richard announce once he is inside the palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard is having a difficult time accepting his magic. Magic is a part of almost all fantasy books.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if he or she was able to use magic. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person do with magic? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If magic existed in the United States in the 21st. century what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Essay Topic 2
Stone of Tears falls in the genre called fantasy. Discuss the following:
1. What is the definition of genre and in particular, the fantasy genre? How do you know Stone of Tears falls in the genre of fantasy? Give examples.
2. Other than entertainment, why do you think people might read fantasy?
3. Fantasy is sometimes considered second-rate fiction or not good enough to be studied in academe. Why do you think this is true? Do you think it is a valid argument?
Essay Topic 3
The reader will see as the story continues that there are Sisters of the Dark that have taken over a large portion of the Sisters of the Light in secret. The Sisters of the Light work for goodness for the Creator and the Sisters of the Dark work to help the Keeper of the Underworld.
1. There seems to be a sharp delineation between good and evil and dark and light in Stone of Tears. In terms of real life do you think this is realistic? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the concept that no one is all good or all bad. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Choose two characters in Stone of Tears one who seems to be mostly good and one mostly evil and compare and contrast their personalities, behaviors and morals.
This section contains 3,268 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)