|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Zedd when he tried to help Addie?
2. What was the person who first put a collar on Richard?
3. What does Shota tell Richard about his father?
4. What does Kahlan say to Richard about putting the collar on?
5. What should one do when faced with the type of creature attacking Zedd and Chase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the Mud People and what do they intend to do? How do the Mud People feel about the two people?
2. What do Zedd and Chase do about the screeling?
3. What does Zedd and Addie decide they must do about their problem?
4. What attacks Richard and what does he do with it?
5. Describe the Valley of the Lost and who may cross it.
6. Where are Chase and Rachel while Richard is crossing the valley?
7. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
8. What is causing Zedd and Addie a problem, what does Zedd try to do about it and what happens when he does?
9. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
10. Where are several sisters discussing Richard and what do they decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sister Verna continues to talk to Richard of different prophecies with Richard telling her that he doesn't understand such riddles and seemingly doesn't believe in them. Yet, Richard begins to lean very heavily on the prophecies and believe in them more and more as the story continues.
1. Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in Stone of Tears.
2. Many fantasy novels include some "prophesy" in their storyline. Why do you think this is?
3. Do you think Richard knowing about the prophesies about him will help him? How could it hinder him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Stone of Tears.
Essay Topic 3
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)