|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zedd try to help Addie?
2. Why has Zedd gone to Addie's house?
3. What do Richard and Verna do at the Valley of the Lost at the beginning of Chapter 28?
4. What does Kahlan say to Richard about putting the collar on?
5. What were the people Zedd and Chase encounter doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are several sisters discussing Richard and what do they decide?
2. What does Kahlan and Chandalen figure out after they search her sister's castle to try and find her body?
3. What is Sister Margret doing in Chapter 20 and what happens with her?
4. Who arrives at the Mud People and what do they intend to do? How do the Mud People feel about the two people?
5. What does Richard see when trying to focus on the magic lesson Verna is giving him? What does he tell Verna about it?
6. What does Richard tell Kahlan about why he won't wear a collar?
7. What does Shota tell Richard about himself?
8. Describe the Valley of the Lost and who may cross it.
9. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
10. What does Zedd take out of his pocket in Chapter 4 and what does he do with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sister Verna continues to talk to Richard of different prophecies with Richard telling her that he doesn't understand such riddles and seemingly doesn't believe in them. Yet, Richard begins to lean very heavily on the prophecies and believe in them more and more as the story continues.
1. Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in Stone of Tears.
2. Many fantasy novels include some "prophesy" in their storyline. Why do you think this is?
3. Do you think Richard knowing about the prophesies about him will help him? How could it hinder him?
Essay Topic 2
Though it is not a part of Stone of Tears, the readers are given enough information to learn that Richard was, up until a short time ago, a peasant in a small village. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think Richard has changed from who he was before he leaves his village to the Richard he is in Stone of Tears?
2. Why do you think Goodkind chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
3. How would the book have been different if Richard had been a prince?
4. How would the book have been different if the Seeker had been a female?
Essay Topic 3
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)