|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sister Margaret following at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What did Zedd tell Chase to say to Richard about himself?
3. What does Kahlan tell Chandalen they have to do?
4. What did Zedd tell Jebra to do about her gift?
5. What does Shota tell Richard about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
2. What does Zedd take out of his pocket in Chapter 4 and what does he do with it?
3. What happens when the two remaining sisters come to offer Richard a collar?
4. What does Kahlan find when she follows the trail of the army that slaughtered so many?
5. What do Zedd and Chase do about the screeling?
6. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
7. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
8. How did Richard get away from the Mord-Sith collar, how are Mord-Siths created and how strongly does Richard feel about ever wearing another collar?
9. What does Kahlan decide to do about the boys she's been following?
10. What is causing Zedd and Addie a problem, what does Zedd try to do about it and what happens when he does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Nathan tells Maragret to tell the Prelate that there is a pebble in the pond, although Maragret doesn't understand. The pebble in the pond is Richard, and the Prelate will explain to Richard that Richard causes waves that touch and move everything around them. The Prelate goes on to tell Richard that the trouble with being a pebble in the pond is that the pebble sinks.
1. What do you think a pebble in the pond might mean in terms of Midland's history? Use examples from Stone of Tears to support your answer. Also, give some examples of pebbles in the pond in the history of our world and why you think those examples are pebbles in a pond.
2. Do you think anyone can be a pebble in a pond? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Discuss the various ponds that exist in society, e.g. a town, a state, a country. Include in your discussion how a small "pond" might affect larger ones.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Stone of Tears.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)