|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zedd and Addie get to a healer?
2. What does Zedd tell Addie?
3. What does Verna tell Richard about how she is feeling?
4. Who attacks Richard in Chapter 24?
5. From what does Richard free Verna in the Valley of the Lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kahlan decide to do about the boys she's been following?
2. Why has Zedd gone to see Addie? Why does she live where she lives?
3. Where does Kahlan go when she leaves the Mud People and what happens to her sister?
4. What happens when the two remaining sisters come to offer Richard a collar?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Margret see and what does Nathan say about it?
6. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
7. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
8. What attacks Richard and what does he do with it?
9. Who attacks Richard and Verna while they are traveling and what does Verna tell Richard?
10. Who arrives at the Mud People and what do they intend to do? How do the Mud People feel about the two people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nathan tells Maragret to tell the Prelate that there is a pebble in the pond, although Maragret doesn't understand. The pebble in the pond is Richard, and the Prelate will explain to Richard that Richard causes waves that touch and move everything around them. The Prelate goes on to tell Richard that the trouble with being a pebble in the pond is that the pebble sinks.
1. What do you think a pebble in the pond might mean in terms of Midland's history? Use examples from Stone of Tears to support your answer. Also, give some examples of pebbles in the pond in the history of our world and why you think those examples are pebbles in a pond.
2. Do you think anyone can be a pebble in a pond? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Discuss the various ponds that exist in society, e.g. a town, a state, a country. Include in your discussion how a small "pond" might affect larger ones.
Essay Topic 2
In Stone of Tears, it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more active, heroic, and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kahlan.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Sister Verna.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Addie.
Essay Topic 3
Richard is having a difficult time accepting his magic. Magic is a part of almost all fantasy books.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if he or she was able to use magic. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person do with magic? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If magic existed in the United States in the 21st. century what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)