|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verna tell Richard about his magic?
2. What do two Sisters in the Palace of the Prophets decide about Pasha Maes?
3. What did Jebra say about Richard's character?
4. To what does Verna compare Richard?
5. What did Zedd tell Chase to say to Richard about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Zedd and Addie as they are trying to decide what to do?
2. What does Kahlan decide to do about the boys she's been following?
3. Where does Kahlan go when she leaves the Mud People and what happens to her sister?
4. Where are Chase and Rachel while Richard is crossing the valley?
5. What is causing Zedd and Addie a problem, what does Zedd try to do about it and what happens when he does?
6. What does Zedd and Addie decide they must do about their problem?
7. What does Richard see while in the Valley of the Lost, what happens to Verna, how does Richard deal with it and what is her reaction?
8. What does Kahlan and Chandalen figure out after they search her sister's castle to try and find her body?
9. What does Shota tell Richard and Kahlan about the veil and what do they decide to do?
10. Who arrives at the Mud People and what do they intend to do? How do the Mud People feel about the two people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Though it is not a part of Stone of Tears, the readers are given enough information to learn that Richard was, up until a short time ago, a peasant in a small village. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think Richard has changed from who he was before he leaves his village to the Richard he is in Stone of Tears?
2. Why do you think Goodkind chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
3. How would the book have been different if Richard had been a prince?
4. How would the book have been different if the Seeker had been a female?
Essay Topic 2
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Stone of Tears, including some of Richard's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in Stone of Tears and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Richard and his responses to them.
3. Although Richard seems to ignore the political situations in Stone of Tears he still gets embroiled in the politics. Is his disdain for political manipulation naive? Is he ignoring his duties by trying to ignore the politics in Stone of Tears?
Essay Topic 3
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)