|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Chase and Rachel when Zedd and Addie are traveling?
2. What kind of sickness does Addie have in Chapter 33?
3. Who was the first person to put a collar on Richard?
4. What does Verna try to do about Richard?
5. What happens to Richard and Verna while they are traveling in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Richard to handle with the lessons and what does Verna say about bringing him to the Palace?
2. What happens when the two remaining sisters come to offer Richard a collar?
3. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
4. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
5. Who is clutching a doll and trying to tell her father something in Chapter 1? What is she trying to get her father to do?
6. What does Zedd take out of his pocket in Chapter 4 and what does he do with it?
7. Where are Chase and Rachel while Richard is crossing the valley?
8. What does Kahlan decide to do about the boys she's been following?
9. What does Richard see when trying to focus on the magic lesson Verna is giving him? What does he tell Verna about it?
10. Where are several sisters discussing Richard and what do they decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Stone of Tears, it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more active, heroic, and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kahlan.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Sister Verna.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Addie.
Essay Topic 2
Richard is having a difficult time accepting his magic. Magic is a part of almost all fantasy books.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if he or she was able to use magic. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person do with magic? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If magic existed in the United States in the 21st. century what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Essay Topic 3
Richard seems to be the central character in many prophecies. He is mentioned in the Mud People stories, in D'Hara, the Baka Ban Mana and in the Southern Continent. It would appear that even though he is one person he will change the history of the entire world. This would indicate what seems to be one of the primary themes in this book that one person can make a huge difference.
1. What do you think is meant by the theme expressed above?
2. Discuss and incident in depth you have seen or read about in which one person made a difference.
3. Although most people think of one person making a difference for the good of all, there have been many incidences in history in which one person made a negative impact. Discuss one of these people and how their character compared to Richard's.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)