Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard refer to himself to Verna?
2. Who attacks Richard in Chapter 24?
3. What is the name of the black creature who attacked Zedd and Chase?
4. What do two Sisters in the Palace of the Prophets decide about Pasha Maes?
5. What was the person who first put a collar on Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some of the soldiers bring a boy to Kahlan and what does she do? How does he respond?
2. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
3. What does Zedd tell his two companions to do about the screeling?
4. Where are several sisters discussing Richard and what do they decide?
5. What does Sister Liliana tell Richard and what does Perry ask him?
6. Describe the encounter between Richard and Darken Rahl in the Garden of Life at the end of the book?
7. What does Kahlan do at the beginning of Chapter 38 concerning the Imperial Army?
8. Who does Zedd find in the crowd after taking care of the screeling and what does she tell him? What does Zedd ask her and what is her response?
9. What does Richard do and what does Kahlan do when the last sister comes and offers Richard the collar?
10. How do some of the boys in the Galen army feel about Kahlan and what does she tell them?
Essay Topic 1
Richard seems to be the central character in many prophecies. He is mentioned in the Mud People stories, in D'Hara, the Baka Ban Mana and in the Southern Continent. It would appear that even though he is one person he will change the history of the entire world. This would indicate what seems to be one of the primary themes in this book that one person can make a huge difference.
1. What do you think is meant by the theme expressed above?
2. Discuss and incident in depth you have seen or read about in which one person made a difference.
3. Although most people think of one person making a difference for the good of all, there have been many incidences in history in which one person made a negative impact. Discuss one of these people and how their character compared to Richard's.
Essay Topic 2
In Stone of Tears, there seems to be more individuals and groups who are not trustworthy than are. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Stone of Tears.
3. Who do you think Richard trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Richard has been unable to accept all the different parts of himself. It will be this refusal that keeps him trapped for much of the story. Richard is not unusual. All people have different parts and faces, in private and public.
1. Discuss the reasons you think Richard would have difficulty accepting the different parts of himself. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Discuss the different Richards you have seen in this novel and the differences and similarities between the different parts. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
3. Disscuss the different faces and parts you have in your own life. For example, who you are at school, at home, at church, in a job. Include in your discussion the ways that you are able and unable to integrate those various faces you have and the similarities between them and Richard's different parts.
This section contains 3,232 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)