|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Kahlan?
(a) She is stronger after taking the Wizard Slagle's powers.
(b) She is continuing to grow weaker.
(c) She has become stronger now that the cabala is formed.
(d) She is almost dead.
2. What do Kahlan and some men from the Galean army do?
(a) Attack the Imperial Order Army.
(b) Travel to find Richard.
(c) Attack a remnant of rogue DeHarans.
(d) Form a cabala to give Kahlan magical protection.
3. Who tries to kiss Richard?
(a) Sister Liliana.
(c) Sister Verna.
(d) The Prelate.
4. Why might Richard be in danger from the man of whom Verna warns Richard?
(a) Because Richard has married a mother confessor.
(b) Because Richard is with a mother confessor.
(c) Because Richard is not of the Midlands.
(d) Because Richard is a magic man.
5. How does the loss of Wizard Slagle affect Kahlan's plans?
(a) The Imperial Order Army is more vulnrable.
(b) The search for Richard will be hit or miss.
(c) The rogue DeHarans cannot use magic against Kahlan.
(d) The cabala will be weaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wizard's second rule?
2. How is Kahlan feeling when she is organizing the army?
3. What disturbing news does Richard learn about the palace?
4. Whose body are they retrieving from the river?
5. Why does Kahlan ask the Galen soldiers for a sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Richard and Darken Rahl in the Garden of Life at the end of the book?
2. What does the council do to Kahlan?
3. What does Verna point out to Richard on the way to the Palace and how does he feel about it?
4. Who does Kahlan find after being rescued and what does he say and do?
5. How does Verna feel about what Richard did in the village of the Majendie and about what does she warn him?
6. Who does Kahlan meet in Aydindril, what does she ask and what does Kahlan tell her?
7. What does Verna warn Richard about as far as Du Chaillu is concerned and how does Du Chaillu repond?
8. Where does the council put Kahlan and what does she do about it?
9. How do some of the boys in the Galen army feel about Kahlan and what does she tell them?
10. What does Richard end up doing in Du Chaillu's village, how does he feel about it and what is Du Chaillu's reponse?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)