|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fiedler believe to be the special agent?
2. What does Leamas tell Fiedler about Liz?
(a) That she cannot be brought into the mission for any reason.
(b) That she has a pretty sister Fiedler can date, too.
(c) That he wants her brought to East Berlin.
(d) That he's going to ask her to marry him.
3. Leamas is going to be called as a witness in whose trial?
4. How could Liz's reaction to the plot that Leamas explains as they flee East German best be described?
5. What warrant did Fiedler apply for on the day of his arrest?
(a) A warrent to arrest Leamas.
(b) A warrant to extradite Leamas to Russia.
(c) A warrant to extradite Leamas to America.
(d) A warrant to arrest Mundt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liz's reaction to the attendance numbers for the Communist meeting she attends in East Germany?
2. How many people show up for the Communist meeting Liz attends in East Germany?
3. At the end of Chapter 18, Leamas views Fiedler as what?
4. What happens to Leamas right at the end of Mundt's trial?
5. What is the Fennan case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Liz so disheartened with the low turnout to the Communist Party meeting in East Germany?
2. What does Leamas' decision on top of the border wall represent?
3. What problem does Liz pose for Leamas when she enters the courtroom during Mundt's trial?
4. What is Leamas' reaction to Mundt when he begins to be interrogated by him?
5. Who do both Fiedler and Leamas appear to fight against when they are surprised by guards in Chapter 16?
6. What incriminating piece of evidence does Liz disclose at Mundt's trial?
7. Why doesn't Leamas question the response from the bank in Chapter 14?
8. What major choice does Leamas make as he and Liz are crossing the border?
9. What triggers Leamas' realization about Mundt?
10. Why does Leamas react the way that he does when Fiedler mentions Liz for the first time?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)