|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did the secret mission, revealed to Peters by Leamas at the Hauge, involve?
(a) Fake passports and signatures.
(b) Fake stolen objects, such as radios.
(c) Fake guns and other weapons.
(d) Fake drugs.
2. Who does Miss Crail talk to on the phone most of the time?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
3. What country has Leamas NOT lived in?
4. While talking to Peters in the Hague, Leamas tells Peters of a top-secret operation. What was its code name?
(a) Operation Eiffel Tower.
(b) Operation Moss.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Scandinavian Eyes.
5. What kind of document does Fiedler use to try to learn more about the secret agent?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A passport.
(c) A resume.
(d) A bank document.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big secret does Liz tell Leamas?
2. After leaving the Hague, Leamas ultimately ends up in:
3. Who does Leamas meet when he is released from jail?
4. What does Leamas think when he first sees Pitt?
5. What does Leamas go to jail for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Leamas remember about Controls' advice regarding Fiedler?
2. What logistics does Kiever have covered at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Name 3 things you learn about Leamas in Chapter 1.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Leamas get a bit aggressive and state that he only wants to negotiate the deal with Kiever (instead of Ashe)?
5. What does Leamas' political philosophy (or lack thereof) symbolize?
6. What does Peter suggest about the money that Leamas was bringing to Scandinavian countries during Rolling Stone?
7. Leamas sees something when he leaves Liz's apartment after spending the night for the first time. What does it tell Leamas?
8. Why does Kiever make Leamas' fake passport expire so soon?
9. In Chapter 3, is Leamas the spy the same person as Leamas the public man? Why or why not?
10. How does Leamas spend his time in prison after attacking the grocer?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)