|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being sent the document with Leamas' forged signature, how does the bank reply?
(a) That the money has grown considerably from interest.
(b) That the money has been transferred to Liz Gold's personal account.
(c) That the money inquired about was withdrawn already.
(d) That there never was any money to begin with.
2. After Liz's testimony at Mundt's trial, who does Leamas defend?
3. After Liz's testimony at Mundt's trial, what does Leamas do?
(a) Confesses the he's a Russian double agent.
(b) Confesses that he loves her.
(c) Confesses that he's a British double agent.
(d) Confesses that he's the father to her unborn baby.
4. What does Liz decide to do after receiving the letter?
(a) Ignore it and see if another one comes.
(b) Accept the invitation and go to East Germany.
(c) Decline her inheritance since it comes with restrictions.
(d) Keep her job at the library.
5. How does Liz feel about her presence at Mundt's trial?
(a) She refuses to even speak.
(b) She is more than happy to participate.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is confused and scared.
6. What happens to Leamas when he is on top of the border wall?
(a) He makes the choice to stand up and get shot also.
(b) He panics and loses his balance, falling to the wrong side.
(c) He makes it over safely.
(d) He takes a bullet for Liz, but saves her life.
7. What is Liz's reaction to the attendance numbers for the Communist meeting she attends in East Germany?
(a) She can't believe how young all the attendees are.
(b) She feels disenchanted with the Communist Party.
(c) She is flattered that they liked her speech so much.
(d) She is excited so many people came.
8. How is Liz transported to the "special meeting" she is told she needs to attend?
(a) By a very long train ride.
(b) By bus.
(c) In a military style car.
(d) By helicopter.
9. Why did Mundt beat Fiedler during his interrogation?
(a) Because Fiedler got Mundt fired a long time ago.
(b) Because Fiedler is Jewish.
(c) Because Fiedler stole Mundt's girlfriend.
(d) Because Fiedler refused to talk.
10. Who does Liz receive a letter from?
(a) Her long-lost mother.
(b) The Centre of the District Communist Party.
(d) The Queen of England.
11. The last thing Leamas remembers about his first interrogation with Mundt is:
(a) Being fed food that was probably poisoned.
(b) Passing out from his head injury.
(c) Being taken to a library.
(d) Being chained to a wall.
12. Who arrives at the end of the Communist meeting Liz attends in East Germany?
(c) Miss Crail.
(d) An official from the Praesidium.
13. Where is Liz taken after Mundt's trial?
(a) To an underground bunker.
(b) A nice hotel.
(c) A prison.
(d) To the airport.
14. At the end of Chapter 18, Leamas views Fiedler as what?
(a) Someone he can use to reach his goal, but that he doesn't really like.
(b) His ally.
(c) An annoying middleman.
(d) His enemy.
15. What does the commissar tell Liz about what will happen to Fiedler?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be set free, but he must never leave East Germany.
(c) He will be imprisoned for the rest of his life.
(d) He will be returned to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mundt's representative argue during the trial?
2. Who climbs up the border wall second?
3. When Mundt meets Leamas in his cell, where does Mundt take him?
4. During Mundt's trial, what is Fiedler arguing Mundt did?
5. Who climbs up the border wall first?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)