Short Essay Questions Key
1. Name 3 things you learn about Leamas in Chapter 1.
2. How does Leamas react to what happens when Karl tries to cross the border in Chapter 1?
3. What shooting rule do the West German guards operate under?
4. Using at least 3 adjectives, describe the overall tone of Chapter 1.
5. What does Leamas think about his career on his flight to London to meet with Control?
6. Does Leamas' personal life seem in conflict or in line with his professional life? Why?
7. What do Leamas' interactions with other people in Chapter 2 tell the reader about his character?
8. Based on the description of Leamas in Chapter 2, list 3 adjectives that describe him physically.
9. What helps Leamas the most in his creation of a public persona in Chapter 3? How does it help him?
10. In Chapter 3, is Leamas the spy the same person as Leamas the public man? Why or why not?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)