|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elvira cross the German border?
(a) On foot.
(b) On a bike.
(c) She doesn't cross the border.
(d) In a car.
2. Who is Miss Crail?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) An old family friend of Leamas'.
(d) A librarian.
3. Which of the following is the best description of Leamas' appearance after he leaves British intelligence?
(a) Clean and respectable.
(b) Very non-traditional.
(c) Dirty and unkempt.
(d) Very conservative.
4. What is the name of the library where Leamas gets a job?
(a) London City Library.
(b) Berlin Community Library.
(c) Bayswater Library for Psychic Research.
(d) University of London Library.
5. What does Leamas do to the grocer when he refuses Leamas' request?
(a) Leamas takes his business elsewhere.
(b) Leamas writes a letter to the paper about how bad the store service is.
(c) Leamas organizes a strike against the store.
(d) Leamas breaks several of his bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karl try to cross the German border?
2. What is the real reason Leamas left his job at British intelligence after meeting with Control?
3. Where is Leamas' next mission once he returns to London after meeting with Control in Chapter 2?
4. What drives Leamas' unhealthy life choices in after he leaves British intelligence?
5. What does Leamas see when he leaves Liz's apartment after first spending the night?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)