|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Peters in the Hague, Leamas tells Peters of a top-secret operation. What was its code name?
(a) Operation Eiffel Tower.
(b) Scandinavian Eyes.
(c) Operation Moss.
(d) Rolling Stone.
2. While Peters is talking to Leamas, what does Peters remain convinced of?
(a) There was another spy in East German that Leamas didn't know about.
(b) That Leamas is a double agent.
(c) That Leamas is setting him up.
(d) That Leamas is totally lying to him.
3. What person does Leamas think of and remember while being questioned by Peters?
(a) Miss Crail.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Liz decide to do after receiving the letter?
(a) Ignore it and see if another one comes.
(b) Accept the invitation and go to East Germany.
(c) Decline her inheritance since it comes with restrictions.
(d) Keep her job at the library.
5. Liz receives a letter in Chapter 15. What does it say?
(a) That she has been selected for an all-expense-paid trip to East Germany.
(b) That the library has been underpaying her for years.
(c) That she has inherited a lot of money from her late mother.
(d) That Leamas will be home within a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Liz receive a letter from?
2. What do others call Leamas in respect to his relationship with alcohol after he quits working for British intelligence?
3. Which language does Leamas speak?
4. What drives Leamas' unhealthy life choices in after he leaves British intelligence?
5. When Leamas is released from jail, he meets someone. What do they first do together?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)