|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
3. What does Holmes chastise himself for while telling Watson how he solved the case?
4. Where did the snake come from?
5. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Helen come to Holmes for help, and what changed in her life due to this decision?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)