|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
2. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
3. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
4. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
5. Where does the ventilator in Julia's room lead to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
There was an intense amount of loyalty displayed by Watson. How did he show this trait, and how did this affect his standing with the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Watson was a very objective observer of this case. How did this objectivity in his writing and observation influence the plot?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)