Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What was the whistling sound for?
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
Essay Topic 1
Julia is an important character who makes a big difference in the plot even though she had passed on before the narrative began. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that the inclusion of the memories of this character altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Julia had not been mentioned in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Helen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)