|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
2. What made the whistling sound?
3. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
4. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
5. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the twists in this strange case that surprised you, and why? What led up to those surprising moments?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)