|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
2. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
3. What did the snake get every time it returned from Julia's room?
4. What does Holmes say he used most to solve the case?
5. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the twists in this strange case that surprised you, and why? What led up to those surprising moments?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Doyle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)