|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What was the whistling sound for?
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
Essay Topic 1
Helen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Helen experiences some moments of deep despair in this book. What are some of these moments, what caused them, and how did her reaction to this despair shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)