Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What was the whistling sound for?
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
Essay Topic 1
How did Watson's relationship with Holmes change and progress over the course of this plot? What clues were given to the deepness of their friendship, and how did this change the feeling of the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Doyle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)