Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What was the whistling sound for?
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Roylott used manipulation and persuasion to meet his goals and needs. What are some ways he did this, and how did these instances affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Helen come to Holmes for help, and what changed in her life due to this decision?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)