Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
4. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes notice on Helen's wrist, and what is said after this discovery?
2. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
3. What happened to the Roylott fortune?
4. Why does Holmes tell Helen not to fear her step-father's intellect anymore?
5. Why has the narrator waited so long to write this story, and why is he writing it now?
6. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
7. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
8. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
9. What did Holmes find out about Helen's mother's will?
10. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Roylott used manipulation and persuasion to meet his goals and needs. What are some ways he did this, and how did these instances affect the course of the plot?
There was an intense amount of loyalty displayed by Watson. How did he show this trait, and how did this affect his standing with the other characters?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)