Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
4. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes notice on Helen's wrist, and what is said after this discovery?
2. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
3. What happened to the Roylott fortune?
4. Why does Holmes tell Helen not to fear her step-father's intellect anymore?
5. Why has the narrator waited so long to write this story, and why is he writing it now?
6. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
7. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
8. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
9. What did Holmes find out about Helen's mother's will?
10. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
What were the different backgrounds of the characters in this plot, and how did these diverse backgrounds affect the course of the plot?
How did Watson's relationship with Holmes change and progress over the course of this plot? What clues were given to the deepness of their friendship, and how did this change the feeling of the book?
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Doyle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)