|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A day.
3. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Dr. Roylott's.
4. Where was Holmes when he told Watson how he figured out this case?
(a) In the Inn.
(b) At their apartment on Baker street.
(c) On a train.
(d) In Roylott's room.
5. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) All the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
2. What does Holmes say he will NOT feel much of about Roylott's death?
3. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
4. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
5. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
2. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
3. Where does Holmes plan to spend that night, and why?
4. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
5. What happens when Holmes tries to open the window to Julia's room from the outside?
6. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
7. What killed Julia and Roylott?
8. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
9. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
10. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)