|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes go after hitting at the bell pull?
(a) Helen's room.
(b) Down the hall.
(c) Roylott's room.
(d) Out the window.
2. What kind of safe does Roylott keep in his room?
3. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
4. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
(a) It is severely warped.
(b) It has been scratched at.
(c) It has termites.
(d) It is worm eaten.
5. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
(a) Getting out of bed.
(b) Pulling the blinds.
(c) Hanging clothing.
(d) Ringing a bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
2. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
3. Why did the snake bite Roylott?
4. Where did the snake come from?
5. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
2. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
3. How does Watson describe the estate belonging to Grimesby Roylott?
4. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
5. What do Holmes and Watson see as they cross the lawn in the dark?
6. What happens when Holmes tries to use the bell-pull?
7. How did Holmes say he knew he would find a ventilator between Julia and Roylott's room?
8. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
9. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
10. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)