|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) More than Watson.
(b) An escape.
(c) Evidence of danger.
(d) Anything to hurt Helen.
2. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He has no guilt.
(c) He is desperate.
(d) He is very persuasive.
3. What did the bell pull act as for the snake?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A signal.
(c) A hiding place.
(d) A resting spot.
4. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
(a) The scaffolding.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The window.
(d) The lawn.
5. Where did Holmes send Helen after telling her what happened?
(a) Her fiance's house.
(b) Her aunt's house.
(c) The Inn.
(d) His home in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
2. What made the whistling sound?
3. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
4. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
5. Where was the creature that killed Julia kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
2. What caught Holmes's eye before leaving Roylott's room?
3. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
4. How did Holmes say he knew he would find a ventilator between Julia and Roylott's room?
5. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
6. What happens when Holmes tries to open the window to Julia's room from the outside?
7. What killed Julia and Roylott?
8. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
9. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
10. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)