|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the metal clanging Helen heard the night Julia died?
(a) The vent being closed.
(b) The window shutting.
(c) The safe being closed.
(d) The vent being opened.
2. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
3. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She is very tired.
(b) She wants to do some reading.
(c) She needs some time alone.
(d) She has a headache.
4. What did the coroner's office miss while examining Julia's body?
(a) The swollen fingers.
(b) The blackening of her tongue.
(c) Her dilated pupils.
(d) The puncture wounds.
5. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He has a better plan than Roylott.
(b) He is smarter than Roylott.
(c) He knows Roylott's next move.
(d) He is calmer than Roylott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the snake come from?
2. Where was Holmes when he told Watson how he figured out this case?
3. When does Roylott get home from the city?
4. What did Roylott keep in his safe?
5. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)