|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) In a cane.
(b) On the corner of the bed.
(c) On top of the safe.
(d) Behind a curtain.
2. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every quarter hour.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every ten minutes.
3. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
(d) Not surprised.
4. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
(a) The housekeeper's.
(b) Dr. Roylott's.
5. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
(b) The next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
2. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
3. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
4. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
5. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
2. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
3. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
4. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
5. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
6. Where does Holmes plan to spend that night, and why?
7. How did Holmes say he knew he would find a ventilator between Julia and Roylott's room?
8. What happens when Holmes tries to open the window to Julia's room from the outside?
9. What caught Holmes's eye before leaving Roylott's room?
10. What do Holmes and Watson see as they cross the lawn in the dark?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)