|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
(a) Dr. Roylott's.
(c) The kitchen.
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
(a) He angered the snake.
(b) He did not kill the snake when he had the chance.
(c) He did not warn Roylott.
(d) He did not tell the authorities when he knew what the danger was.
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He knows Roylott's next move.
(b) He is smarter than Roylott.
(c) He is calmer than Roylott.
(d) He has a better plan than Roylott.
4. What was the whistling sound for?
(a) Getting the snake to come back.
(b) Rewarding the snake.
(c) Keeping the snake calm.
(d) Sending the snake off.
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
(a) A knife and a rope.
(b) A cane and a candle.
(c) A book and a box of pills.
(d) A lamp and a saucer of milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
2. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
3. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
4. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
5. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)