|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the authorities decide after reviewing Roylott's death?
(a) He ingested the same poison as Julia did.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) A gypsy let the snake in.
(d) He died while being careless with his animal.
2. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An angry man.
(c) A desperate man.
(d) A soldier.
3. What did Roylott keep in his safe?
(a) His wife's will.
(b) His doctorate license.
(c) The snake.
4. What does Holmes say he will NOT feel much of about Roylott's death?
5. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
2. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
3. How often does the church clock chime?
4. Why did the snake bite Roylott?
5. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
2. What do Holmes and Watson see as they cross the lawn in the dark?
3. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
4. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
5. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
6. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
7. What did Roylott look like when Watson got into his bedroom?
8. What happens when Holmes tries to open the window to Julia's room from the outside?
9. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
10. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)