|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
(b) Dr. Roylott's.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They could die.
(b) They will endanger Helen.
(c) They will miss their chance.
(d) They will be caught.
3. What did the snake get every time it returned from Julia's room?
(a) A rat.
(d) Time outside.
4. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
5. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) All of these.
(c) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
2. What killed Julia?
3. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
4. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
5. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)