|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
2. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
(b) Snake scales.
(c) Foot prints.
(d) Milk droplets.
3. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
4. What time does the signal come from Helen?
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 10:00 pm.
5. What does Holmes use to put the deadly creature back in it's place?
(a) A fire poker.
(b) His cane.
(c) The saucer of milk.
(d) The dog leash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
2. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
3. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
4. Where does the ventilator in Julia's room lead to?
5. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
2. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
3. How does Watson describe the estate belonging to Grimesby Roylott?
4. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
5. What did Roylott look like when Watson got into his bedroom?
6. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
7. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
8. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
9. Why did the coroner's office not figure out that Julia had been killed by a snake?
10. What happens when Holmes tries to use the bell-pull?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)