|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the snake get every time it returned from Julia's room?
(a) Time outside.
(d) A rat.
2. How do Holmes and Watson get onto the property at night?
(a) Through a hole in the fence.
(b) They climb the gate.
(c) They break down the fence.
(d) They climb a tree and jump over the fence.
3. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) A jar of ink.
(c) Some jerked beef.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
4. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
(a) The King.
(b) The Crumb.
(c) The Crown.
(d) The Kiss.
5. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
(a) A cat.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
2. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
3. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
4. What does Holmes chastise himself for while telling Watson how he solved the case?
5. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
2. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
3. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
4. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
5. What killed Julia and Roylott?
6. Why did the coroner's office not figure out that Julia had been killed by a snake?
7. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
8. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
9. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
10. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)