|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
2. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) On the corner of the bed.
(b) Behind a curtain.
(c) In a cane.
(d) On top of the safe.
3. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is desperate.
(c) He is very persuasive.
(d) He has no guilt.
4. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(a) Early afternoon.
5. What do Holmes and Watson take off before they enter the window to Julia's room?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
2. What does Holmes say he will NOT feel much of about Roylott's death?
3. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
4. Where did Holmes send Helen after telling her what happened?
5. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
2. How does Watson describe the estate belonging to Grimesby Roylott?
3. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
4. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
5. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
6. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
7. What strange thing did Holmes notice about Julia's bed, and what does this mean for the case?
8. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
9. What caught Holmes's eye before leaving Roylott's room?
10. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)