|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) He wants to protect Helen.
(b) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
(c) Holmes says he will be useful.
(d) He wants to see the action.
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 days.
3. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
(a) They could get caught.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) He might get in the way.
(d) He is engaged.
4. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
(a) Snake scales.
(b) Milk droplets.
(d) Foot prints.
5. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) A room in the damaged wing.
(b) The inn.
(c) Her old bedroom.
(d) Her housekeeper's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
2. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
3. What did the coroner's office miss while examining Julia's body?
4. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
5. What do Holmes and Watson take off before they enter the window to Julia's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
2. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
3. Why did the coroner's office not figure out that Julia had been killed by a snake?
4. How is Roylott acting when he gets back to his house?
5. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
6. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
7. What happens when Holmes tries to use the bell-pull?
8. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
9. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
10. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)