|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the snake bite Roylott?
(a) He was angered by Holmes.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was pulled at too quickly.
(d) He was hungry.
2. What does Holmes hit the bell pull with when the whistling sound begins?
(a) His cane.
(b) His shoes.
(c) The chair.
(d) A club.
3. What time does the signal come from Helen?
(a) 1:00 am.
(b) 10:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
4. What did the coroner's office miss while examining Julia's body?
(a) The puncture wounds.
(b) Her dilated pupils.
(c) The blackening of her tongue.
(d) The swollen fingers.
5. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(d) Early afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
2. What does Holmes say he used most to solve the case?
3. Where did the snake come from?
4. Where was Holmes when he told Watson how he figured out this case?
5. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
2. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
3. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
4. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
5. What do Holmes and Watson see as they cross the lawn in the dark?
6. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
7. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
8. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
9. What strange thing did Holmes notice about Julia's bed, and what does this mean for the case?
10. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)