|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
(a) It is worm eaten.
(b) It is severely warped.
(c) It has termites.
(d) It has been scratched at.
2. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
(a) Evidence of danger.
(b) More than Watson.
(c) Anything to hurt Helen.
(d) An escape.
3. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Never be alone with him.
(c) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(d) Arm herself.
4. What was the whistling sound for?
(a) Keeping the snake calm.
(b) Rewarding the snake.
(c) Getting the snake to come back.
(d) Sending the snake off.
5. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
2. What does Watson say the house is shaped like?
3. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
4. How often does the church clock chime?
5. What did Roylott keep in his safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Holmes plan to spend that night, and why?
2. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
3. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
4. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
5. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
6. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
7. Why did the coroner's office not figure out that Julia had been killed by a snake?
8. What happens when Holmes tries to use the bell-pull?
9. What did the authorities decide after investigating Roylott's death?
10. What instructions does Holmes give Helen before he leaves to his Inn for the night?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)