|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal do Holmes and Watson see as they come across the lawn at night?
2. What did the authorities decide after reviewing Roylott's death?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He ingested the same poison as Julia did.
(c) He died while being careless with his animal.
(d) A gypsy let the snake in.
3. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is desperate.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is very persuasive.
(d) He has no guilt.
4. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
(a) Helen's room.
(b) The lawn.
(c) The ventilator.
(d) Julia's room.
5. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(a) Early afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
2. Where does the ventilator in Julia's room lead to?
3. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
4. Where does Holmes go after hitting at the bell pull?
5. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
2. What strange thing did Holmes notice about Julia's bed, and what does this mean for the case?
3. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
4. Why does Holmes tell Helen not to fear her step-father's intellect anymore?
5. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
6. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
7. What did Roylott look like when Watson got into his bedroom?
8. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
9. What happens when Holmes tries to use the bell-pull?
10. How did Holmes say he knew he would find a ventilator between Julia and Roylott's room?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)