|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
(d) Not surprised.
2. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(b) Lock her door.
(c) Arm herself.
(d) Never be alone with him.
3. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A snake.
(b) A noose.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A scarf.
4. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
(d) The next morning.
5. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the snake get every time it returned from Julia's room?
2. When does Roylott get home from the city?
3. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
4. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
5. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Watson describe the whistling sound he hears in Julia's room?
2. What about this crime did Holmes say was the most evil part?
3. How did Holmes say he knew he would find a ventilator between Julia and Roylott's room?
4. What killed Julia and Roylott?
5. What did Roylott look like when Watson got into his bedroom?
6. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
7. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
8. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
9. What was Helen told to do after she got news of her step-father's death?
10. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)