|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
2. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) A desperate man.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An angry man.
3. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
4. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) A concealed dagger.
(b) A hole in the wall.
(c) A dog leash.
(d) An Indian book.
5. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He is calmer than Roylott.
(b) He is smarter than Roylott.
(c) He knows Roylott's next move.
(d) He has a better plan than Roylott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
2. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
3. How does Holmes feel when he is unable to open the windows from outside?
4. What color is the house?
5. What does Holmes say he used most to solve the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
2. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
3. What killed Julia and Roylott?
4. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
5. How does Watson describe the estate belonging to Grimesby Roylott?
6. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
7. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
8. Why does Holmes tell Helen not to fear her step-father's intellect anymore?
9. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room, and what does Holmes think of this?
10. How is Roylott acting when he gets back to his house?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)