|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the creature that killed Julia kept?
(a) A wicker chair.
(b) A pillow sham.
(c) The doctor's bag.
(d) The safe.
2. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every ten minutes.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every quarter hour.
3. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) A room in the damaged wing.
(b) The inn.
(c) Her old bedroom.
(d) Her housekeeper's room.
4. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
(a) It has termites.
(b) It has been scratched at.
(c) It is severely warped.
(d) It is worm eaten.
5. What made the whistling sound?
(a) A creaky hinge.
(c) A penny whistle.
(d) A tea kettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the signal come from Helen?
2. How do Holmes and Watson get onto the property at night?
3. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
4. What does Holmes do after leaving Roylott's room?
5. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)