|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
(a) A lamp and a saucer of milk.
(b) A book and a box of pills.
(c) A cane and a candle.
(d) A knife and a rope.
2. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
(a) It was cracked in the middle.
(b) It was made from two kinds of wood.
(c) It was clamped to the floor.
(d) It was oddly close to the window.
3. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) He wants to protect Helen.
(b) He wants to see the action.
(c) Holmes says he will be useful.
(d) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
4. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
(b) Strange noises.
(c) Light from Roylott's room.
(d) Cigar smoke.
5. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A desperate man.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An angry man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
3. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
4. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
5. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)