|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the whistling sound?
(b) A tea kettle.
(c) A penny whistle.
(d) A creaky hinge.
2. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A wind blown shutter.
(c) A squeaking hinge.
(d) A humming child.
3. What color is the house?
4. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) On the corner of the bed.
(b) In a cane.
(c) On top of the safe.
(d) Behind a curtain.
5. When does Roylott get home from the city?
(d) Early afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
2. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
3. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
4. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
5. What kind of animal does Holmes ask about when he is looking at Roylott's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes chastise himself for when he begins to tell Watson about how he solved the case?
2. What does Holmes say to try and dissuade Watson from joining the plan that night, and how does Watson respond to this?
3. How does Helen react when she is told Roylott followed her to London?
4. What did Roylott look like when Watson got into his bedroom?
5. What does Holmes put on the bed before he puts the lamp out in Julia's room?
6. How is Roylott's bedroom described?
7. What caught Holmes's eye before leaving Roylott's room?
8. How is Roylott acting when he gets back to his house?
9. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
10. What killed Julia and Roylott?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)