|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(b) Police officer.
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(b) She wants to put Julia in the past.
(c) Repairs are being done in her room.
(d) Her window is broken.
4. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) The chiming of the clock.
(c) The sound of breaking glass.
(d) Holmes standing over his bed.
5. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
2. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
3. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
4. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
5. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes notice on Helen's wrist, and what is said after this discovery?
2. What did the coroner find after examining Julia?
3. When does the young lady say she will be able to pay Holmes, and why?
4. How does this book begin?
5. What does Watson say is his keenest pleasure in life?
6. Why was Roylott sent to jail the first time?
7. What kept Helen awake on the night her twin sister died?
8. How is the narrator wakened at the beginning of this story?
9. What did Helen hear when she left her room after hearing Julia scream?
10. Aside from the money and the estate, what was the other legacy handed down to the Roylott men?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)