|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $150 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $350 a month.
(d) $450 a month.
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(c) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(d) His wife asked him to.
4. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) Violent attack.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Self mutilation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
2. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
3. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
4. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
5. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes notice on Helen's wrist, and what is said after this discovery?
2. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
3. What happened to the Roylott fortune?
4. Why does Holmes tell Helen not to fear her step-father's intellect anymore?
5. Why has the narrator waited so long to write this story, and why is he writing it now?
6. What does Holmes do on the lawn after his investigation of Roylott's room?
7. What was heard just after Holmes hit at the bell pull?
8. How did Holmes figure out Roylott was using a snake?
9. What did Holmes find out about Helen's mother's will?
10. Why does Holmes not believe that repairs are being done on Helen's old room?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)