|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(b) He very much cared for Julia.
(c) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(d) He could not figure out what killed her.
2. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(c) They walk.
(d) They take a carriage.
3. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) His medical bag and some shoes.
(b) A hairbrush and a cane.
(c) A dagger and a cloak.
(d) A toothbrush and a revolver.
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The match in her hand.
(b) Her nakedness.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) The letter opener.
5. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
2. What is the name of the young lady?
3. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
4. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
5. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roylott say and do just before he leaves Holmes's house?
2. How does Holmes figure out the young lady's mode of transportation to his house?
3. How does Watson describe his first encounter with Dr. Roylott?
4. Who are Roylott's only friends?
5. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound that Helen heard?
6. What did Helen's mother's will say?
7. What happened to the Roylott fortune?
8. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
9. What kept Helen awake on the night her twin sister died?
10. What is worrying Helen about her engagement?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)