|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(d) Packs his bag.
2. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
3. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Mint tea.
(b) Cold water.
(d) Smelling salts.
5. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
(a) His hat.
(b) His hand.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
3. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
4. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
5. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kept Helen awake on the night her twin sister died?
2. Why was Roylott sent to jail the first time?
3. How does this book begin?
4. How does Sherlock Holmes respond to the woman's statement about when she can pay him?
5. What does Watson say is his keenest pleasure in life?
6. What effect did Dr, Roylott's outburst have on Holmes?
7. How does Watson describe his first encounter with Dr. Roylott?
8. What does Roylott say and do just before he leaves Holmes's house?
9. What is worrying Helen about her engagement?
10. Who are Roylott's only friends?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)