|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was beaten to death.
(b) He caught a fever.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was drowned.
3. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
4. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(b) They walk.
(d) They take a carriage.
5. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month does this book begin?
2. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
3. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
4. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
5. What were Julia's last words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Julia wearing and holding when she died?
2. What is worrying Helen about her engagement?
3. What does Roylott say and do just before he leaves Holmes's house?
4. When does the young lady say she will be able to pay Holmes, and why?
5. Aside from the money and the estate, what was the other legacy handed down to the Roylott men?
6. How does this book begin?
7. What did the coroner find after examining Julia?
8. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound that Helen heard?
9. How does Holmes figure out the young lady's mode of transportation to his house?
10. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)