|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 750 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) A storm.
(b) The singing of the gypsies.
(c) The roaring of animals.
(d) A tapping on her door.
3. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A wine goblet.
(d) A match.
4. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
5. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
2. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
3. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
4. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
5. How did the young lady's butler die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the coroner find after examining Julia?
2. What did Helen think her sister died from?
3. Why was Roylott sent to jail the first time?
4. How does this book begin?
5. When does the young lady say she will be able to pay Holmes, and why?
6. What was Julia wearing and holding when she died?
7. Aside from the money and the estate, what was the other legacy handed down to the Roylott men?
8. What did Helen's mother's will say?
9. What does Roylott say and do just before he leaves Holmes's house?
10. What did Holmes find out about Helen's mother's will?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)