|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(a) A ball gown.
(b) A riding suit.
(c) A nightdress.
2. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(b) Metallic clanging.
(c) Creaking wood.
3. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was beaten to death.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was poisoned.
5. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A fire poker.
(c) A door handle.
(d) A high backed chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the bruising on Helen?
2. Who does Holmes think killed Julia?
3. During what month does this book begin?
4. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Julia wearing and holding when she died?
2. How did Julia die?
3. What did Grimesby Roylott do to earn money?
4. How is the narrator wakened at the beginning of this story?
5. What did Helen think her sister died from?
6. What did the coroner find after examining Julia?
7. Aside from the money and the estate, what was the other legacy handed down to the Roylott men?
8. How does Sherlock Holmes respond to the woman's statement about when she can pay him?
9. What caused Helen to come to Sherlock Holmes on that day?
10. What does Holmes do when he hears that Julia died?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)