|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It was never solved.
(b) It was very unusual.
(c) It took longer than usual to solve.
(d) It was solved by someone else.
2. How did the big man get to Holmes's house?
(a) He used the business card Holmes had passed out.
(b) He read a map.
(c) He followed Helen.
(d) He asked a policeman.
3. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
4. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) The roaring of animals.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tapping on her door.
(d) The singing of the gypsies.
5. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Julia's last words?
2. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
3. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
4. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
5. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes notice on Helen's wrist, and what is said after this discovery?
2. How does this book begin?
3. Why was Roylott sent to jail the first time?
4. What did Holmes find out about Helen's mother's will?
5. Who are Roylott's only friends?
6. What effect did Dr, Roylott's outburst have on Holmes?
7. What did Helen's mother's will say?
8. How did Julia die?
9. What is worrying Helen about her engagement?
10. What does Watson say is his keenest pleasure in life?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)