Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
(a) Dr. Roylott's.
(c) The kitchen.
2. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
(a) He angered the snake.
(b) He did not kill the snake when he had the chance.
(c) He did not warn Roylott.
(d) He did not tell the authorities when he knew what the danger was.
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He knows Roylott's next move.
(b) He is smarter than Roylott.
(c) He is calmer than Roylott.
(d) He has a better plan than Roylott.
4. What was the whistling sound for?
(a) Getting the snake to come back.
(b) Rewarding the snake.
(c) Keeping the snake calm.
(d) Sending the snake off.
5. What two items does Holmes lay out on the bed as they wait in Julia's room?
(a) A knife and a rope.
(b) A cane and a candle.
(c) A book and a box of pills.
(d) A lamp and a saucer of milk.
6. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
(a) Open her window.
(b) Draw her curtains.
(c) Light a large fire in her hearth.
(d) Light a lantern in her room.
7. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They could die.
(b) They will endanger Helen.
(c) They will be caught.
(d) They will miss their chance.
8. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A noose.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A snake.
9. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
(a) The police.
(b) She saw it herself.
10. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
(a) The scaffolding is not set up correctly.
(b) Nothing has been moved out of the room.
(c) The wall does not need repairs.
(d) There are no workers there.
11. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) In a cane.
(b) On top of the safe.
(c) On the corner of the bed.
(d) Behind a curtain.
12. Where was Holmes when he told Watson how he figured out this case?
(a) In Roylott's room.
(b) In the Inn.
(c) On a train.
(d) At their apartment on Baker street.
13. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
14. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(c) Never be alone with him.
(d) Arm herself.
15. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
(a) The King.
(b) The Kiss.
(c) The Crown.
(d) The Crumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
2. How long does Holmes say it took Roylott to die?
3. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
4. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
5. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)