|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In a cane.
(c) On top of the safe.
(d) On the corner of the bed.
2. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
(a) A camp bed.
(b) A small cot.
(c) A canopy bed.
(d) A day bed.
3. What did the authorities decide after reviewing Roylott's death?
(a) He died while being careless with his animal.
(b) A gypsy let the snake in.
(c) He ingested the same poison as Julia did.
(d) He had a heart attack.
4. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
(a) The Crown.
(b) The Kiss.
(c) The Crumb.
(d) The King.
5. What did the coroner's office miss while examining Julia's body?
(a) The swollen fingers.
(b) Her dilated pupils.
(c) The blackening of her tongue.
(d) The puncture wounds.
6. What does Holmes chastise himself for while telling Watson how he solved the case?
(a) Not learning more about the snake.
(b) Not acting fast enough to save Roylott.
(c) Being too risky with Helen's life.
(d) Jumping to conclusions.
7. How long do Watson and Holmes wait in Julia's dark room?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
8. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
9. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
(a) He is calmer than Roylott.
(b) He is smarter than Roylott.
(c) He has a better plan than Roylott.
(d) He knows Roylott's next move.
10. What is the second room Holmes looks at inside the house?
(a) The housekeeper's.
(c) Dr. Roylott's.
11. What was the whistling sound for?
(a) Getting the snake to come back.
(b) Keeping the snake calm.
(c) Rewarding the snake.
(d) Sending the snake off.
12. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
(b) Snake scales.
(c) Foot prints.
(d) Milk droplets.
13. What kind of safe does Roylott keep in his room?
14. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
15. What color is the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Helen of her stepfather's death?
2. How do Holmes and Watson get onto the property at night?
3. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
4. What was the metal clanging Helen heard the night Julia died?
5. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)