|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A wind blown shutter.
(b) A squeaking hinge.
(c) A humming child.
(d) A tea kettle.
2. How long do Watson and Holmes wait in Julia's dark room?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
3. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every quarter hour.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every half hour.
(d) Every ten minutes.
4. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
(b) Foot prints.
(c) Milk droplets.
(d) Snake scales.
5. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
(a) It was cracked in the middle.
(b) It was made from two kinds of wood.
(c) It was clamped to the floor.
(d) It was oddly close to the window.
6. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) Some jerked beef.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) A jar of ink.
7. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A noose.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bandana.
9. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They will endanger Helen.
(b) They will miss their chance.
(c) They could die.
(d) They will be caught.
10. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
11. What time does the signal come from Helen?
(a) 1:00 am.
(c) 10:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
12. What did the authorities decide after reviewing Roylott's death?
(a) A gypsy let the snake in.
(b) He died while being careless with his animal.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He ingested the same poison as Julia did.
13. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A pipe.
(d) All of these.
14. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
15. When is Roylott expected back at the house on the day Holmes gets there?
(a) The next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the house?
2. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
3. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
4. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
5. What does Holmes say he will NOT feel much of about Roylott's death?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)