Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $150 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $350 a month.
(d) $450 a month.
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(c) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(d) His wife asked him to.
4. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) Violent attack.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Self mutilation.
6. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
7. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) There was a great fire burning.
(b) The flu was shut.
(c) It had been filled in.
(d) It was barred.
8. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
(a) At the house.
(b) With the gypsies.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) In town.
9. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) A viscious past.
(b) Paranoid tendencies.
(c) Family genes.
(d) His greed and laziness.
10. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
11. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 750 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
12. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
13. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(b) Metallic clanging.
(c) Creaking wood.
(d) Maniacal laughter.
14. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
15. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) His medical bag and some shoes.
(b) A hairbrush and a cane.
(c) A toothbrush and a revolver.
(d) A dagger and a cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
3. How did the young lady's mother die?
4. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
5. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)