|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
(a) In town.
(b) With the gypsies.
(c) At the house.
(d) At a tavern.
2. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to repair the house.
(c) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
3. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Plain clues.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Psychic abilities.
(d) Really good guesses.
4. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(b) A little hesitant.
(c) There is no change at all.
(d) More interested.
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
6. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $150 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $450 a month.
(d) $350 a month.
7. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(a) Police officer.
8. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Heather Stickler.
(b) Helene Steiner.
(c) Helen Stoner.
(d) Harriet Stoker.
9. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
(a) Baker Street.
(b) Cosgrove Place.
(c) Sussex Village.
(d) Trafalgar Square.
10. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) A struggle.
(c) Violent attack.
(d) Self mutilation.
11. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
12. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
13. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) He could not figure out what killed her.
(b) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(c) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(d) He very much cared for Julia.
14. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
15. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
(a) Helen's fiance.
(b) A butler at the Roylott house.
(c) Dr. Roylott.
(d) A gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
2. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
4. What were Julia's last words?
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)