|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of safe does Roylott keep in his room?
2. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A snake.
(b) A noose.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bandana.
3. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Creaking wood.
(d) Metallic clanging.
4. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
(a) A camp bed.
(b) A canopy bed.
(c) A day bed.
(d) A small cot.
5. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The sound of laughter.
(b) The match in her hand.
(c) Her nakedness.
(d) The letter opener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
2. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
3. What does Holmes say he will NOT feel much of about Roylott's death?
4. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
5. How long does Holmes say it took Roylott to die?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)