|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Holmes say it took Roylott to die?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) The singing of the gypsies.
(b) A tapping on her door.
(c) A storm.
(d) The roaring of animals.
3. During what month does this book begin?
4. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Following Holmes's cases.
(b) Meeting new people.
(d) Helping women in distress.
5. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(b) His walking shoes.
(c) Some tea.
(d) A map of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
2. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
3. What did Helen think Julia died of?
4. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
5. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)