|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
3. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
4. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is very persuasive.
(c) He has no guilt.
(d) He is desperate.
5. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
(a) The bell pull.
(b) Many locks on the door.
(c) A gothic mirror.
(d) A bottle of smelling salts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
2. What does Holmes hit the bell pull with when the whistling sound begins?
3. What does Holmes chastise himself for while telling Watson how he solved the case?
4. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
5. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)