|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(b) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
(c) There was a drop in military salaries.
(d) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
2. What color is the house?
3. What did Helen think Julia died of?
(a) A strike to the head.
(d) Poison gas.
4. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A noose.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A scarf.
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(b) Mrs. Farintosh.
(c) Ms. Frintlock.
(d) Ms. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the authorities decide after reviewing Roylott's death?
2. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
3. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
4. During what month does this book begin?
5. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)