|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They will endanger Helen.
(b) They could die.
(c) They will be caught.
(d) They will miss their chance.
2. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) Her housekeeper's room.
(b) Her old bedroom.
(c) A room in the damaged wing.
(d) The inn.
3. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(b) A local officer.
(d) His housekeeper.
4. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(a) Police officer.
5. What was the metal clanging Helen heard the night Julia died?
(a) The vent being opened.
(b) The safe being closed.
(c) The vent being closed.
(d) The window shutting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
2. What kind of safe does Roylott keep in his room?
3. How long do Watson and Holmes wait in Julia's dark room?
4. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
5. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)