|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
(a) He did not kill the snake when he had the chance.
(b) He did not tell the authorities when he knew what the danger was.
(c) He angered the snake.
(d) He did not warn Roylott.
2. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They will miss their chance.
(b) They will be caught.
(c) They could die.
(d) They will endanger Helen.
3. What does Holmes chastise himself for while telling Watson how he solved the case?
(a) Being too risky with Helen's life.
(b) Not acting fast enough to save Roylott.
(c) Jumping to conclusions.
(d) Not learning more about the snake.
4. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
(b) He wants to see the action.
(c) He wants to protect Helen.
(d) Holmes says he will be useful.
5. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
(a) Light from Roylott's room.
(b) Strange noises.
(c) Cigar smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
2. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
3. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
5. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)