|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(b) He very much cared for Julia.
(c) He could not figure out what killed her.
(d) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
2. Where did Holmes send Helen after telling her what happened?
(a) Her fiance's house.
(b) His home in London.
(c) Her aunt's house.
(d) The Inn.
3. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
(a) He did not tell the authorities when he knew what the danger was.
(b) He angered the snake.
(c) He did not kill the snake when he had the chance.
(d) He did not warn Roylott.
4. What does Holmes hit the bell pull with when the whistling sound begins?
(a) The chair.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His cane.
(d) A club.
5. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) He wants to see the action.
(b) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
(c) He wants to protect Helen.
(d) Holmes says he will be useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Holmes and Watson take off before they enter the window to Julia's room?
2. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
3. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
4. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
5. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)