|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes use to put the deadly creature back in it's place?
(a) The dog leash.
(b) The saucer of milk.
(c) A fire poker.
(d) His cane.
2. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in poverty.
(b) The untimely death of her mother.
(c) Living in the tropics.
(d) His time in the military.
3. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
4. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
(a) It was oddly close to the window.
(b) It was clamped to the floor.
(c) It was made from two kinds of wood.
(d) It was cracked in the middle.
5. What were Julia's last words?
(a) The whistling.
(b) Why oh why?
(c) It was him.
(d) Speckled band.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
2. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
3. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
4. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
5. What does Holmes say he used most to solve the case?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)