|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
(b) The big man.
(c) Helen's fiance.
(d) A gypsy.
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $350 a month.
(b) $150 a month.
(c) $450 a month.
(d) $250 a month.
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) She had a receipt.
(b) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(c) There was mud on her skirts.
(d) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
5. How does Holmes feel when he is unable to open the windows from outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
2. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
3. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
4. Why did Holmes partially blame himself for Roylott's death?
5. What did Holmes see on the chair in Roylott's room that proved his theory?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)