|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She needs some time alone.
(c) She is very tired.
(d) She wants to do some reading.
3. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep their step-father out.
(b) To keep the wind out.
(c) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(d) To keep the animals out.
4. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) She wants to put Julia in the past.
(b) Repairs are being done in her room.
(c) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(d) Her window is broken.
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bell pull act as for the snake?
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
3. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
4. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
5. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)