|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
2. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A squeaking hinge.
(b) A tea kettle.
(c) A wind blown shutter.
(d) A humming child.
4. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) A dog leash.
(b) A concealed dagger.
(c) A hole in the wall.
(d) An Indian book.
5. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) His guns.
(b) Stragely shaped packets.
(d) Business papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
4. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
5. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)