|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A desperate man and a genius.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A devil and a saint.
(d) A prisoner and a detective.
2. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
(a) Not surprised.
3. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) Some tea.
(b) A map of the country.
(c) His walking shoes.
4. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) An angry man.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A desperate man.
(d) A doctor.
5. What killed Julia?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A deadly spider.
(d) A swamp adder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
2. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
3. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
4. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
5. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)