|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Holmes and Watson take off before they enter the window to Julia's room?
(a) Their coats.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their gloves.
2. How long does Holmes say it took Roylott to die?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every quarter hour.
(c) Every ten minutes.
(d) Every half hour.
5. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
(a) A noose.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bandana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the wood paneling in Julia's room?
2. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
3. What was the whistling sound for?
4. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)