|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
2. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
(a) A library.
(b) The morgue.
(c) The Doctors Commons.
(d) The University.
3. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(b) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(c) He could not figure out what killed her.
(d) He very much cared for Julia.
4. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Plain clues.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Acute observance.
(d) Really good guesses.
5. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(b) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(c) He has more time on his hands.
(d) His wife asked him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes pull over his face while he travels to the house?
2. Where did Holmes send Helen after telling her what happened?
3. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
4. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
5. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)