|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
2. What does Holmes do after leaving Roylott's room?
3. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Acute observance.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Plain clues.
(d) Really good guesses.
4. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
(a) A specter.
(b) A gypsie's garb.
(c) Something she had eaten.
(d) Dr. Roylott.
5. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(c) Never be alone with him.
(d) Arm herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
2. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
3. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
4. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
5. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)