|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
2. How do Holmes and Watson get onto the property at night?
(a) Through a hole in the fence.
(b) They break down the fence.
(c) They climb the gate.
(d) They climb a tree and jump over the fence.
3. What does Holmes say will happen if Watson falls asleep in Julia's room?
(a) They could die.
(b) They will be caught.
(c) They will miss their chance.
(d) They will endanger Helen.
4. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
5. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) The money.
(b) His work.
(c) Helping others.
(d) Punishing villains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the whistling sound for?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
3. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
4. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)