|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
(b) All the time.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a week.
2. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every quarter hour.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every ten minutes.
3. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The sound of laughter.
(b) The letter opener.
(c) Her nakedness.
(d) The match in her hand.
5. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) On top of the safe.
(b) In a cane.
(c) Behind a curtain.
(d) On the corner of the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
2. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
4. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)