|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It was never solved.
(b) It was solved by someone else.
(c) It took longer than usual to solve.
(d) It was very unusual.
2. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
3. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
(b) Light from Roylott's room.
(c) Strange noises.
(d) Cigar smoke.
4. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
(a) Dr. Roylott.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) Helen's fiance.
(d) A butler at the Roylott house.
5. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
(a) A camp bed.
(b) A small cot.
(c) A canopy bed.
(d) A day bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
2. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
3. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
4. What is the first room in the house Holmes inspects?
5. How many times does Holmes pound on Roylott's door before bursting in?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)