|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(b) There was mud on her skirts.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
2. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is very persuasive.
(c) He has no guilt.
(d) He is desperate.
3. How does Holmes describe the murder of Julia?
4. What kind of safe does Roylott keep in his room?
5. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
(a) A concealed dagger.
(b) A hole in the wall.
(c) An Indian book.
(d) A dog leash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
2. What were Julia's last words?
3. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
4. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
5. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)