|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to repair the house.
(c) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Plain clues.
(d) Really good guesses.
4. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Took off her clothes.
(b) Drank some alcohol.
(c) Opened her window.
(d) Lit a match to see something.
5. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Roylott get home from the city?
2. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
3. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
4. Where was the creature that killed Julia kept?
5. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)