|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
(b) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(c) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(d) There was a drop in military salaries.
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Almost magical.
(b) Far too advanced for his own good.
(d) Sly and cunning.
3. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
4. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
(a) A butler at the Roylott house.
(b) Helen's fiance.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) Dr. Roylott.
5. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
3. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
4. How does Holmes feel when he is unable to open the windows from outside?
5. What color was the creature that killed Julia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)