|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
(a) Her step-father.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A baboon.
2. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
(b) Not surprised.
3. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Lit a match to see something.
(b) Opened her window.
(c) Drank some alcohol.
(d) Took off her clothes.
4. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A humming child.
(c) A squeaking hinge.
(d) A wind blown shutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
2. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
3. Why does Holmes say he knows he can defeat Roylott?
4. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
5. What were Julia's last words?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)