|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) It was barred.
(b) There was a great fire burning.
(c) The flu was shut.
(d) It had been filled in.
3. What kind of animal do Holmes and Watson see as they come across the lawn at night?
4. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
(a) Pulling the blinds.
(b) Getting out of bed.
(c) Hanging clothing.
(d) Ringing a bell.
5. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $150 a month.
(b) $350 a month.
(c) $250 a month.
(d) $450 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
2. What does Helen say is inside the safe in Roylott's room?
3. Who does Holmes think killed Julia?
4. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
5. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)