|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A match.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A wine goblet.
2. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(b) More interested.
(c) A little hesitant.
(d) There is no change at all.
3. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He never had time to write about it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He made a promise of secrecy.
(d) He was unsure if people would believe it.
4. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(a) They take a carriage.
(b) They walk.
5. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
2. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
3. What is wrapped around Roylott's neck when Holmes enters his room?
4. Where does Holmes go after hitting at the bell pull?
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)