|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
(a) Helen's fiance.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) The big man.
2. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
3. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
(a) He might get in the way.
(b) They could get caught.
(c) He is engaged.
(d) It is dangerous.
4. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(b) Police officer.
5. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(a) They take a carriage.
(b) They walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the bruising on Helen?
2. How long before Julia's death was the ventilator installed?
3. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
4. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
5. How did Roylott treat the young boy driving his carriage?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)