|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(b) Never be alone with him.
(c) Lock her door.
(d) Arm herself.
2. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 2:00 am.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
3. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
(a) Dr. Roylott.
(b) A specter.
(c) Something she had eaten.
(d) A gypsie's garb.
4. What killed Julia?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A deadly spider.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A swamp adder.
5. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
3. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
4. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
5. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)