|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) Her old bedroom.
(b) The inn.
(c) Her housekeeper's room.
(d) A room in the damaged wing.
2. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(c) Packs his bag.
3. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Took off her clothes.
(b) Drank some alcohol.
(c) Lit a match to see something.
(d) Opened her window.
4. What time does the signal come from Helen?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 1:00 am.
(c) 10:00 pm.
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) She fell down some stairs.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) She climbed out her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
2. What color is the house?
3. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
4. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
5. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)