|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in poverty.
(b) Living in the tropics.
(c) The untimely death of her mother.
(d) His time in the military.
2. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(a) A local officer.
(c) His housekeeper.
3. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
(a) The University.
(b) The Doctors Commons.
(c) The morgue.
(d) A library.
4. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep their step-father out.
(b) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(c) To keep the wind out.
(d) To keep the animals out.
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
2. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
3. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
4. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
5. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)