|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a carriage.
2. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
3. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep their step-father out.
(b) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To keep the wind out.
4. What does Watson say the whistling sound is like?
(a) A squeaking hinge.
(b) A tea kettle.
(c) A wind blown shutter.
(d) A humming child.
5. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
(a) The Kiss.
(b) The Crumb.
(c) The Crown.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
2. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
3. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
4. Where was the item that caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
5. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)