|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes first study when he gets to the house?
(a) The window.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The lawn.
(d) The scaffolding.
2. How long do Watson and Holmes wait in Julia's dark room?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
3. What does Holmes hit the bell pull with when the whistling sound begins?
(a) The chair.
(b) A club.
(c) His cane.
(d) His shoes.
4. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(b) Her window is broken.
(c) She wants to put Julia in the past.
(d) Repairs are being done in her room.
5. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(b) More interested.
(c) A little hesitant.
(d) There is no change at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julia wearing when she died?
2. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
3. What does Holmes say he did NOT see in the rooms?
4. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
5. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)