|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse is Helen supposed to use to get to her room early?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She is very tired.
(c) She wants to do some reading.
(d) She needs some time alone.
2. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) His time in the military.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) The untimely death of her mother.
(d) Living in the tropics.
3. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) Holmes standing over his bed.
(b) The chiming of the clock.
(c) The sound of breaking glass.
(d) A knock at the door.
4. What does Holmes tell Helen to do to protect herself from Roylott when he returns from town?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Keep a fire in her hearth.
(c) Arm herself.
(d) Never be alone with him.
5. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the house?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
3. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
4. When does Roylott get home from the city?
5. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)