|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Holmes hesitate about involving Watson in the night's plan?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) He might get in the way.
(c) They could get caught.
(d) He is engaged.
2. What did Holmes notice about Julia's bed?
(a) It was made from two kinds of wood.
(b) It was oddly close to the window.
(c) It was clamped to the floor.
(d) It was cracked in the middle.
3. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(c) Packs his bag.
4. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(a) An animal.
(d) A gypsy.
5. What color is the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
2. How many times has Helen seen the inside of Roylott's safe?
3. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
4. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)