|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say scares her most about her step-father?
(a) He is desperate.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He has no guilt.
(d) He is very persuasive.
2. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
(b) A local officer.
(d) His housekeeper.
3. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the house.
(c) In the town.
(d) In a hotel.
4. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(b) A mechanical device.
(c) The bars in the chimney.
(d) The shuttered window.
5. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
(a) The wall does not need repairs.
(b) The scaffolding is not set up correctly.
(c) Nothing has been moved out of the room.
(d) There are no workers there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
2. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
3. What caught Holmes's eye at the end of Section 5?
4. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
5. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)