|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
(a) Nothing has been moved out of the room.
(b) There are no workers there.
(c) The wall does not need repairs.
(d) The scaffolding is not set up correctly.
2. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
(a) A canopy bed.
(b) A day bed.
(c) A small cot.
(d) A camp bed.
3. How is Helen supposed to give the all-clear signal?
(a) Draw her curtains.
(b) Light a large fire in her hearth.
(c) Light a lantern in her room.
(d) Open her window.
4. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
(a) Cosgrove Place.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Trafalgar Square.
(d) Sussex Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
2. What color is the house?
3. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
4. How does Helen feel when she hears that Roylott followed her to Holmes's house?
5. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)