|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A desperate man.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An angry man.
2. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) Holmes standing over his bed.
(c) The sound of breaking glass.
(d) The chiming of the clock.
3. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
4. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
(a) 2:00 pm.
(b) 11:00 am.
(d) 1:00 pm.
5. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) Some jerked beef.
(c) A jar of ink.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say he knew he would find in the house before he ever got to it?
2. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
4. What bothered Julia when she was locked in her room at night?
5. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)