|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(b) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) There was mud on her skirts.
2. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep their step-father out.
(b) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(c) To keep the wind out.
(d) To keep the animals out.
3. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
(a) A baboon.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) Her step-father.
(d) Her sister.
4. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) The roaring of animals.
(b) The singing of the gypsies.
(c) A tapping on her door.
(d) A storm.
5. What did Helen think Julia died of?
(b) A strike to the head.
(d) Poison gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
2. How long before Julia's death was the bell-pull installed?
3. How many chairs are in Julia's room?
4. What does Holmes like to smoke when he is thinking?
5. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)