|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was mud on her skirts.
(b) She had a receipt.
(c) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(d) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
2. How does Holmes feel when he is unable to open the windows from outside?
3. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(d) Police officer.
4. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
(a) A gothic mirror.
(b) Many locks on the door.
(c) A bottle of smelling salts.
(d) The bell pull.
5. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) There was a great fire burning.
(b) It was barred.
(c) It had been filled in.
(d) The flu was shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
2. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
3. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
4. What is the name of the Inn Holmes and Watson will stay in that night?
5. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)