|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
2. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) A viscious past.
(b) Family genes.
(c) Paranoid tendencies.
(d) His greed and laziness.
3. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Philanthropy unchecked.
(d) Riotous living.
5. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
(a) $500 a month.
(b) $1,000 a month.
(c) $750 a month.
(d) $1,250 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julia wearing when she died?
2. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
3. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
4. What does Holmes say Julia did NOT die from?
5. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)