|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Plain clues.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Psychic abilities.
2. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
(a) The window pane.
(b) The safe.
(c) The wooden chair.
(d) The bed.
3. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(b) A gypsy.
(d) An animal.
4. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) He wants to see the action.
(b) Holmes says he will be useful.
(c) He wants to protect Helen.
(d) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
5. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) There are so many doors in that great house.
(b) Her mind was on her sister.
(c) There was a storm outside.
(d) She was so frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
2. What did Helen think Julia died of?
3. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
4. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
5. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)