|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
(a) Run some errands.
(b) Buy herself a weapon.
(c) Write a letter to her fiance.
(d) Speak with the police.
2. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By train.
3. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Smelling salts.
(c) Cold water.
(d) Mint tea.
4. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Take comfort.
(c) Speak freely.
5. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen think Julia died of?
2. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
3. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
4. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
5. What word does Watson use to describe Holmes's face when something in Roylott's room catches his eye?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)