|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Holmes say makes the most devious criminal?
(a) An angry man.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A desperate man.
2. What color is the house?
3. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
(a) The scaffolding is not set up correctly.
(b) There are no workers there.
(c) Nothing has been moved out of the room.
(d) The wall does not need repairs.
4. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(c) His wife asked him to.
(d) The woman he made the promise to had died.
5. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen think Julia died of?
2. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
3. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
4. What does Holmes do after leaving Roylott's room?
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)