|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) A tapping on her door.
(b) A storm.
(c) The singing of the gypsies.
(d) The roaring of animals.
2. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He was beaten to death.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was poisoned.
3. Where does Holmes tell Helen to spend the night after Roylott goes to sleep?
(a) A room in the damaged wing.
(b) The inn.
(c) Her housekeeper's room.
(d) Her old bedroom.
4. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
(a) His medical bag and some shoes.
(b) A hairbrush and a cane.
(c) A dagger and a cloak.
(d) A toothbrush and a revolver.
5. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her step-father.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A baboon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
2. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
3. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
4. How often did Helen say Julia used the rope hanging from the ceiling in her room?
5. Where does Holmes want to look after something catches his eye in Roylott's room?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)