|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
2. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) She was so frightened.
(b) There was a storm outside.
(c) There are so many doors in that great house.
(d) Her mind was on her sister.
3. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) Punishing villains.
(b) The money.
(c) His work.
(d) Helping others.
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It was never solved.
(b) It took longer than usual to solve.
(c) It was solved by someone else.
(d) It was very unusual.
5. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
(b) Wandering salesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady?
2. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
3. What kind of expression does Watson say is on the face of the man who comes to see Holmes?
4. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
5. How did the young lady's butler die?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)