|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in the tropics.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) The untimely death of her mother.
(d) His time in the military.
2. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Creaking wood.
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(d) Metallic clanging.
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(b) A map of the country.
(c) His walking shoes.
(d) Some tea.
5. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) Holmes standing over his bed.
(c) The sound of breaking glass.
(d) The chiming of the clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
2. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
5. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)