|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
(a) Acute observance.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Plain clues.
2. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(c) A gypsy.
(d) An animal.
3. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) He very much cared for Julia.
(b) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(c) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(d) He could not figure out what killed her.
4. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
5. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) Some tea.
(b) A map of the country.
(c) His walking shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
3. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
4. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
5. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)