|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the wind out.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(d) To keep their step-father out.
2. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(a) A little hesitant.
(b) There is no change at all.
(d) More interested.
3. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) Some tea.
(b) A map of the country.
(d) His walking shoes.
4. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
(a) The University.
(b) The morgue.
(c) A library.
(d) The Doctors Commons.
5. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to repair the house.
(b) She has had to pay court fees.
(c) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Helen think Julia died of?
3. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
4. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)