|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
2. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
(a) There was a drop in agricultural prices.
(b) There were less people to sustain on the income.
(c) There was a penalty for Roylott's imprisonment.
(d) There was a drop in military salaries.
3. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to repair the house.
(b) She has had to pay court fees.
(c) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
4. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the big man describe himself before he leaves?
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
4. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
5. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)