|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Drank some alcohol.
(b) Took off her clothes.
(c) Lit a match to see something.
(d) Opened her window.
2. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) Family genes.
(b) His greed and laziness.
(c) Paranoid tendencies.
(d) A viscious past.
3. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(b) Packs his bag.
4. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
5. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) A mechanical device.
(b) The bars in the chimney.
(c) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(d) The shuttered window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
2. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)