|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to repair the house.
(b) She has had to pay court fees.
(c) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
2. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) There are so many doors in that great house.
(b) Her mind was on her sister.
(c) She was so frightened.
(d) There was a storm outside.
3. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(b) Creaking wood.
(d) Metallic clanging.
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was very unusual.
(c) It was solved by someone else.
(d) It was never solved.
5. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
(a) Buy herself a weapon.
(b) Write a letter to her fiance.
(c) Speak with the police.
(d) Run some errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
2. How did the young lady's butler die?
3. How did the young lady's mother die?
4. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
5. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)