|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Metallic clanging.
(c) Creaking wood.
(d) Maniacal laughter.
2. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) You should have come sooner.
(b) We haven't a moment to lose.
(c) We can help you, and soon.
(d) This is all so confusing.
3. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her ankles.
(c) Her wrists.
(d) Her face.
4. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) She fell down some stairs.
(d) She climbed out her window.
5. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A devil and a saint.
(b) A farmer and a businessman.
(c) A desperate man and a genius.
(d) A prisoner and a detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
2. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
3. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
4. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
5. Who does Holmes ask for an opinion on the case?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)