|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
2. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
(a) The big man.
(c) Helen's fiance.
(d) A gypsy.
3. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) In the town.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the house.
4. What does Holmes ask for just after the big man leaves?
(a) His walking shoes.
(b) Some tea.
(c) A map of the country.
5. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
(a) Baker Street.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Cosgrove Place.
(d) Sussex Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
2. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
3. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
4. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)