|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. What does Holmes do while the big man is insulting him?
(a) Packs his bag.
3. Who does Watson think was with Julia when was in her room?
(b) An animal.
(c) A gypsy.
4. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Metallic clanging.
(d) Creaking wood.
5. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the bruising on Helen?
2. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
4. What does Watson say Holmes is doing while he covers his face on the trip to the house?
5. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)