|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) His time in the military.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) Living in the tropics.
(d) The untimely death of her mother.
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(b) A ball gown.
(c) A riding suit.
(d) A nightdress.
3. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Mint tea.
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cold water.
4. What does Holmes think caused the metal clanging sound?
(a) The shuttered window.
(b) A mechanical device.
(c) Some crawling in the air ducts.
(d) The bars in the chimney.
5. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Why oh why?
(b) The whistling.
(c) It was him.
(d) Speckled band.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes plan to go to research for this case?
2. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
3. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
4. What two things does Holmes tell Watson to pack for their trip?
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)