|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) Violent attack.
(b) A struggle.
(c) Self mutilation.
2. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(b) They take a carriage.
(c) They walk.
3. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
4. What did Helen's mother's income fall to after her death?
(a) $1,250 a month.
(b) $500 a month.
(c) $1,000 a month.
(d) $750 a month.
5. How much money would Julia have gotten had she been wed?
(a) $350 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $150 a month.
(d) $450 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
2. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
3. Why did the amount of Helen's mother's income fall after her death?
4. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
5. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)