|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) The sound of breaking glass.
(b) The chiming of the clock.
(c) Holmes standing over his bed.
(d) A knock at the door.
2. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was mud on her skirts.
(b) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
4. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) By train.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On foot.
5. What does Holmes say the insults of the man make him feel about the case?
(a) A little hesitant.
(b) There is no change at all.
(d) More interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
2. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
3. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
4. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
5. How did the big man get to Holmes's house?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)