|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was beaten to death.
2. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
(a) A desperate man and a genius.
(b) A devil and a saint.
(c) A prisoner and a detective.
(d) A farmer and a businessman.
3. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Helen Stoner.
(b) Heather Stickler.
(c) Harriet Stoker.
(d) Helene Steiner.
4. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
(a) They take a carriage.
(b) They walk.
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) Her stepfather.
(b) She climbed out her window.
(c) She fell down some stairs.
(d) She did it to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the narrator?
2. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
3. Who does Holmes see walking along the path to the house?
4. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
5. What time does Holmes return from his researching?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)