|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Smelling salts.
(c) Cold water.
(d) Mint tea.
2. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
(a) Dr. Roylott.
(b) Something she had eaten.
(c) A gypsie's garb.
(d) A specter.
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) His greed and laziness.
(b) Family genes.
(c) Paranoid tendencies.
(d) A viscious past.
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) Her nakedness.
(b) The match in her hand.
(c) The letter opener.
(d) The sound of laughter.
5. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
2. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
3. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
4. What does the big man bend with his bare hands?
5. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)