|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
2. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) Her stepfather.
(b) She climbed out her window.
(c) She fell down some stairs.
(d) She did it to herself.
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Following Holmes's cases.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Helping women in distress.
4. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) You should have come sooner.
(b) We haven't a moment to lose.
(c) We can help you, and soon.
(d) This is all so confusing.
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 3:00 am.
(b) 2:00 am.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the large man who comes to see Holmes?
2. What does the man who comes into Holmes's house look like to Watson?
3. How did the big man get to Holmes's house?
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)