|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(c) Police officer.
2. Who does Holmes think killed Julia?
(b) Her fiance.
(d) A gypsy.
3. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 750 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
4. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Creaking wood.
(d) Metallic clanging.
5. How does Watson describe the countryside as he and Holmes travel through it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Holmes and Watson get to the countryside?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
3. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
4. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
5. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)