|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
2. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) Holmes standing over his bed.
(b) The sound of breaking glass.
(c) A knock at the door.
(d) The chiming of the clock.
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Following Holmes's cases.
(c) Helping women in distress.
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
5. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was beaten to death.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
4. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
5. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)