|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 3:00 am.
(b) 4:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 5:00 am.
4. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Following Holmes's cases.
(d) Helping women in distress.
5. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(c) His wife asked him to.
(d) The woman he made the promise to had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
4. What is the name of the young lady?
5. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)