|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
2. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) By train.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
3. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 750 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
4. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in the tropics.
(b) His time in the military.
(c) Living in poverty.
(d) The untimely death of her mother.
5. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(c) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
2. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
4. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
5. During what month does this book begin?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)