|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(b) She has had to pay court fees.
(c) She has had to repair the house.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
3. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) Holmes standing over his bed.
(b) The chiming of the clock.
(c) The sound of breaking glass.
(d) A knock at the door.
4. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(b) He never had time to write about it.
(c) He made a promise of secrecy.
(d) He forgot about it.
5. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the narrator?
2. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
3. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
5. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)