|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does this book begin?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Almost magical.
(b) Sly and cunning.
(c) Far too advanced for his own good.
3. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He never had time to write about it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(d) He made a promise of secrecy.
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
2. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
4. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
5. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)