|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was beaten to death.
(d) He caught a fever.
2. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the wind out.
(b) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To keep their step-father out.
3. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(c) She has had to repair the house.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
3. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
4. How did the young lady's mother die?
5. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)