|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) His wife asked him to.
(c) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(d) The woman he made the promise to had died.
2. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) His time in the military.
(b) The untimely death of her mother.
(c) Living in the tropics.
(d) Living in poverty.
3. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He made a promise of secrecy.
(c) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(d) He never had time to write about it.
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
4. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)