|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to repair the house.
(c) She has had to bail him out of jail.
(d) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
2. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
(a) A printing press.
(c) A dog.
3. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 750 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Frintlock.
(b) Mrs. Farintosh.
(c) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(d) Ms. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
2. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
3. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
5. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)