|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in poverty.
(b) Living in the tropics.
(c) The untimely death of her mother.
(d) His time in the military.
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) A storm.
(b) The roaring of animals.
(c) A tapping on her door.
(d) The singing of the gypsies.
3. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She fell out a window.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) In a railway accident.
(d) She was attacked by dogs.
4. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
2. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
4. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
5. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)