|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
2. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) His work.
(b) The money.
(c) Punishing villains.
(d) Helping others.
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
4. During what month does this book begin?
5. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(c) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
2. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
3. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
5. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)