|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(b) His wife asked him to.
(c) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(d) He has more time on his hands.
2. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(b) There was mud on her skirts.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
3. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Helen Stoner.
(b) Harriet Stoker.
(c) Helene Steiner.
(d) Heather Stickler.
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(d) Philanthropy unchecked.
5. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
2. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
3. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
4. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)