|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Helping women in distress.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Following Holmes's cases.
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) His time in the military.
(b) Living in the tropics.
(c) Living in poverty.
(d) The untimely death of her mother.
5. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
2. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
4. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
5. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)