|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
4. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Far too advanced for his own good.
(c) Sly and cunning.
(d) Almost magical.
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
2. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
3. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
4. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
5. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)