|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Frintlock.
(b) Ms. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Farintosh.
(d) Mrs. Farnsworth.
3. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
4. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) In a railway accident.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) She fell out a window.
(d) She was attacked by dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
2. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
3. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
4. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
5. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)