|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She fell out a window.
(b) In a railway accident.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) She was attacked by dogs.
2. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(a) Police officer.
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) He has more time on his hands.
(b) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(c) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(d) His wife asked him to.
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
5. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To keep the wind out.
(c) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(d) To keep their step-father out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
3. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
4. What is the name of the young lady?
5. During what month does this book begin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)