|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
(d) Wandering salesmen.
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) The untimely death of her mother.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) His time in the military.
(d) Living in the tropics.
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 2:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 4:00 am.
(d) 5:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
2. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
4. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
5. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)